[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Translations

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 21, 2018
    Elyr wrote: »
    I went ahead and looked at the same translation file, thankfully skills haven't been translated yet. I'm gonna go ahead and translate them directly from Korean, rather than from Japanese like I previously did (though the Japanese names are exactly the same as the Korean ones), in the hope we can see more accurate names.

진풍격 -> Shivering Wind Attack (from 진, to tremble or shake, 풍, wind, and 격, attack)
    비화 -> Flower Scattering (from 비, rain or secretion, and 화, flower or bloom)
    비화격 -> Flower Scattering Attack (from 비, rain or secretion, 화, flower or bloom, and 격, attack)
    비화풍 -> Flower Scattering Wind (from 비, rain or secretion, 화, flower or bloom, and 풍, wind)
    월연 -> Lunar Sharpening (from 월, moon, and 연, polish or refine)
    월연격 -> Lunar Sharpening Attack (from 월, moon, 연, polish or refine and 격, attack)
    월연풍 -> Lunar Sharpening Wind (from 월, moon, 연, polish or refine and 풍, wind)
    화진 -> Shivering Flower (from 화, flower or bloom, and 진, to tremble or shake)
    화진격 -> Shivering Flower Attack (from 화, flower or bloom, 진, to tremble or shake, and 격, attack)
    화진각 -> Shivering Flower Wind (from 화, flower or bloom, 진, to tremble or shake, and 풍, wind)
    화신풍 -> Blooming Divine Wind (from 화, flower or bloom, 신, deity, and 풍, wind)
    투산철격 -> Piercing Parasol (from 투, pierce, 산, umbrella or parasol, 철, pierce, and 격, attack)
    반화격 -> Floral Counterattack (from 반격, counterattack, and 화, flower or bloom)
    비풍일격 -> Stormy Blow (from 비, rain or secretion, 풍, wind, and 일격, blow)
    기천비무 -> Aerial Qi Scattering Dance (from 기, Qi or energy, 천, sky, 비, rain or secretion, and 무, dance)
    유원백화 -> A Hundred Eternal Flowers (from 유, prefix meaning "to exist", 원, place, 백, 100, and 화, flower or bloom)
    유화강기 -> Strength of Floral Qi (from 유, prefix meaning "to exist", 화, flower or bloom, 강, strength, and 기, Qi or energy)
    운심월성 -> Heart of a Cloud, Mind of the Moon (from the Japanese, maybe Chinese?, 雲心月性, meaning "Someone standing on the higher ground without selfishness")
    내화 -> Inner Bloom (from 내, prefix meaning "inside", and 화, flower or bloom)
    외화 -> Outer Bloom (from 외, prefix meaning "outside", and 화, flower or bloom)
    진풍 -> Shivering Wind (from 진, to tremble or shake, and 풍, wind)
    기화심공 -> Floral Qi ( from 기, Qi or energy, 화, flower or bloom, 심, heart, and 공, merit or experience)

PS: Nexon, if you don't like the word Blüte and really want to use the Battle- prefix, at least name it Battleparasol, it still sounds awful but at least it does have some meaning

With that logic they should rename delia's bastardsword to cosmic sword/blade and vella dual blades to frost chainblades
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    With that logic they should rename delia's bastardsword to cosmic sword/blade and vella dual blades to frost chainblades

Difference here is we're talking about something not released yet. I wouldn't mind if they fixed their translation, but in this case it should be easier I guess?
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Looks like we have some skills translated already:
    "GAMEUI_HEROES_CREATECHARACTER_SKILLPREVIEW_LYNN_2ND_01" "Umbrella Umbrage"
    "GAMEUI_HEROES_CREATECHARACTER_SKILLPREVIEW_LYNN_2ND_02" "Fight and Flight"
    "GAMEUI_HEROES_CREATECHARACTER_SKILLPREVIEW_LYNN_2ND_03" "Paranormal Parasol"
    "GAMEUI_HEROES_CREATECHARACTER_SKILLPREVIEW_LYNN_2ND_04" "Tearing Gust of Wind"
    "GAMEUI_HEROES_CREATECHARACTER_SKILLPREVIEW_LYNN_2ND_05" "Iron Breeze"

I don't know which is which, but outside of "Paranormal Parasol" I don't have any major complaint. I'd still have a more literal translation instead, though
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Its just like Evies "Rage Conductor" i still refer to it as Raze, so really the name of the item/class/skill doesn't matter because half the player base isn't gonna refer to it correctly anyway, There fore, this discussion is pointless, But the forums have always been a place to rant about changes you don't like

please forgive me, but I have to correct you on this... the correct term is not "Rage Conductor" nor "Raze". the correct name for that skill is "Flashlight" hehe

srsly tho, i agree Raze was better....same with all of Delia's skills. "Rose Crush" was an awesome name, but was changed to "Zenith" which is totally blah, etc.

it's like they assume the NA population can't handle names that don't immediately sound like violence or big ham-fisted action :/
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    umbrella corp
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    2 and half people that play Lynn, not a big deal what the weapon name is, nobody gonna care anyway.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Jeyem wrote: »
    2 and half people that play Lynn, not a big deal what the weapon name is, nobody gonna care anyway.

837.png
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    edited March 5, 2018
    That reminds me. Is that powerup in the mine cart game still called "Razor"? Always laughed cause it's like an Engrish translation of laser.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    If there's one thing i can understand is translated wrong for lynn it's the skills. Those aren't in Konglish. Gotta know the Chinese lore of lynn if you wanna be accurate on the theme which reminds me.....did NA ever GIVE you guys some light on her past?
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    If there's one thing i can understand is translated wrong for lynn it's the skills. Those aren't in Konglish. Gotta know the Chinese lore of lynn if you wanna be accurate on the theme which reminds me.....did NA ever GIVE you guys some light on her past?

NA Vindy's lore was lost like the labyrinth
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Puppyman wrote: »

NA Vindy's lore was lost like the labyrinth

FeelsBadMan