[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Translations

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Lynn's hold skill was originally going to be named "Flight of the Valkyries" and then it was changed to "Rising Dragon". That might've been a different Nexon back then though.

As for my personal opinion, Teide broke the weapon naming conventions, so I say anything goes now. I'm not blaming them for that either since it's difficult to come up with a singular name for a pair of two different weapons.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Elyr wrote: »
    MiloSen wrote: »
    Could a member of the staff bother replying? Even a generic "Your feedback is important and we've contacted translators and editors, it's now up to them to make any change" would work, just to know you did actually read the thread. Considering you didn't even edit the swearing out of my previous posts, I'm honestly thinking you just scrolled past without reading a single word.

Why would you think the playerbase has the right to tell them what to do with their translations? If that's how they wanna name it they have every right

I legitly can't understand if this is irony or you're really this big of an idiot

You have to be american..Only you guys can have that disgusting sense of entitlement
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    They could at least give us an option to rename it, like how Arisha was first released. We had that poll to vote of naming her skills.
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Elyr wrote: »
    Could a member of the staff bother replying? Even a generic "Your feedback is important and we've contacted translators and editors, it's now up to them to make any change" would work, just to know you did actually read the thread. Considering you didn't even edit the swearing out of my previous posts, I'm honestly thinking you just scrolled past without reading a single word.

Why would you think the playerbase has the right to tell them what to do with their translations? If that's how they wanna name it they have every right

I legitly can't understand if this is irony or you're really this big of an idiot

You have to be american..Only you guys can have that disgusting sense of entitlement

Try again, maybe you'll have better luck. I'm Italian, my dude.

MisterWhiskersYeahYea1
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    I vote for Parablutshadebrella
    LoLoBooty
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    What about Umbra, it's short. Like Lynn.

Ugh now i can't shake off the image in my head of the short Penguin and his gun umbrella. Not what you'd want to associate Lynn with.
    BabyDani
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited January 13, 2018
    Since the original name means flower, it could be something related to the kind of flower the developers had in mind when they came up with the name Blüte.

So i think Blossom or Battleshade are good names for a weapon type. If it was named Blossom or Blüte, then the specific weapons could be named after flowers like Camellia, Dahlia, Lotus, etc.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Order5 wrote: »
    Lynn's hold skill was originally going to be named "Flight of the Valkyries" and then it was changed to "Rising Dragon". That might've been a different Nexon back then though.

As for my personal opinion, Teide broke the weapon naming conventions, so I say anything goes now. I'm not blaming them for that either since it's difficult to come up with a singular name for a pair of two different weapons.

As far as I know they changed every single one of Lynn's skill names. The outcry was so big they had that voting poll to help decide Arisha's translated skill names. They could easily do that again. Even if they've already translated every umbrella and are just waiting to hit the update button, I can't imagine it would take very long to change all their names to whatever the voted name was, considering the update is at least a month away.
  • MiloSenMiloSen
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    Days have passed and still no answer. Thanks Nexon for always doing the best for the community.

As much as I'd like to use better words, for this time I'll refrain to tone it down: you are a huge idiot. No translator has the right to do whatever they want as their main focus should be to provide the most accurate translation possible while keeping a style close to the original. A bad translation will only cause more expenses as a new translator needs to be hired to fix any fuck-up made by the previous one, or the same one has to be paid to do a second, more accurate, translation. A similar situation happened just a few months ago with YS VIII, where the whole game needed to be translated again from scratch. While Vindictus translations are known to be bad, the situation is slightly better because it's nothing that some quality check every now and then wouldn't be able to fix. But for Blüte, we're having translations that completely differ from the original. Battleshade sounds like a technique a ninja would use. Two of her skills name are "Full Tilt Canopy" and "Spiked Ferrule", both of which manage to make even less sense.
    Arishante
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Its just like Evies "Rage Conductor" i still refer to it as Raze, so really the name of the item/class/skill doesn't matter because half the player base isn't gonna refer to it correctly anyway, There fore, this discussion is pointless, But the forums have always been a place to rant about changes you don't like
    edited January 14, 2018
    Days have passed and still no answer. Thanks Nexon for always doing the best for the community.

As much as I'd like to use better words, for this time I'll refrain to tone it down: you are a huge idiot. No translator has the right to do whatever they want as their main focus should be to provide the most accurate translation possible while keeping a style close to the original. A bad translation will only cause more expenses as a new translator needs to be hired to fix any fuck-up made by the previous one, or the same one has to be paid to do a second, more accurate, translation. A similar situation happened just a few months ago with YS VIII, where the whole game needed to be translated again from scratch. While Vindictus translations are known to be bad, the situation is slightly better because it's nothing that some quality check every now and then wouldn't be able to fix. But for Blüte, we're having translations that completely differ from the original. Battleshade sounds like a technique a ninja would use. Two of her skills name are "Full Tilt Canopy" and "Spiked Ferrule", both of which manage to make even less sense.

wow reported

foul language has no place in a public discussion;if you are so offended that nobody gives a damn about your suggestion go punch a wall or do something productive to release some steam,don't come here cursing at people
  • ElyrElyr

wow reported

foul language has no place in a public discussion;if you are so offended that nobody gives a damn about your suggestion go punch a wall or do something productive to release some steam,don't come here cursing at people

0b3.jpg
    MisterWhiskersBabyDani
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    If you're a troll, you're one of the most desperate and moronic trolls i've ever seen. Everytime you concoct longer sentences you manage to contradict yourself or earlier troll attempts. If you're not a troll, same thing applies.

You have to be american..Only you guys can have that disgusting sense of entitlement this is the guy that tells people that make coherent statements that they have no place in public forums and they should be productive. I just had to look above for the quote, that's how far his stupidity goes.
    edited January 14, 2018
    Ah,my archnemesis Arishanate has been summoned.Please tell me once more how much you hate me and how my opinions aren't as valid as yours/others
  • ElyrElyr
    Ah,my archnemesis Arishanate has been summoned.Please tell me once more how much you hate me and how my opinions aren't as valid as yours/others

Worry do not, for I have the perfect image that will explain it in their stead:
    4UfnJvH.jpg
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    Let's vote which is best name on Lynn's 2nd weapon?
    http://www.strawpoll.me/14838882

And Arisha's 2nd weapon?
    Iz0kDUf.gif
  • PepixoxoPepixoxo
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    What I'd like to ask is :
    1st - How did u find the translation files or whatever?
    2nd - Does that mean that Blute is coming soon? ( Because there's already a translation in the files etc)
  • MiloSenMiloSen
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    edited January 20, 2018
    I must admit, I'm surprised by the lack of any kind of staff in the forum. Back when EU hadn't still merged with NA, people were quite frightened of "Nazi" staff NA had, deleting or editing any non-convenient comment. As far as I can see, however, they haven't even opened the thread.
    Bravo Nexon, bravo!
    Pepixoxo wrote: »
    What I'd like to ask is :
    1st - How did u find the translation files or whatever?
    2nd - Does that mean that Blute is coming soon? ( Because there's already a translation in the files etc)

1: Somebody posted the translation file on a Discord server. I won't say who, nor on what server it was as datamine goes against ToS and I don't want to see anyone getting banned because of me.
    2: Yes. Personally, I'm expecting Valentine's Day as release date.
    Let's vote which is best name on Lynn's 2nd weapon?

And Arisha's 2nd weapon?
    Iz0kDUf.gif

Nexon, please, listen to the players! Most of the voters went with Blute as the best translation, why not making everyone happy?
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    2nd - Does that mean that Blute is coming soon? ( Because there's already a translation in the files etc)[/quote]

Given so far we've followed pattern of KR updates [major updates; given rise came after 1 month, and seal shop update was meant to come with Blute]
    Blute is next update after Aes, and valentines is best guess because events end on that day. (Also lets nexon get away with crummy event :>)

• ElyrElyr
    I went ahead and looked at the same translation file, thankfully skills haven't been translated yet. I'm gonna go ahead and translate them directly from Korean, rather than from Japanese like I previously did (though the Japanese names are exactly the same as the Korean ones), in the hope we can see more accurate names.

진풍격 -> Shivering Wind Attack (from 진, to tremble or shake, 풍, wind, and 격, attack)
    비화 -> Flower Scattering (from 비, rain or secretion, and 화, flower or bloom)
    비화격 -> Flower Scattering Attack (from 비, rain or secretion, 화, flower or bloom, and 격, attack)
    비화풍 -> Flower Scattering Wind (from 비, rain or secretion, 화, flower or bloom, and 풍, wind)
    월연 -> Lunar Sharpening (from 월, moon, and 연, polish or refine)
    월연격 -> Lunar Sharpening Attack (from 월, moon, 연, polish or refine and 격, attack)
    월연풍 -> Lunar Sharpening Wind (from 월, moon, 연, polish or refine and 풍, wind)
    화진 -> Shivering Flower (from 화, flower or bloom, and 진, to tremble or shake)
    화진격 -> Shivering Flower Attack (from 화, flower or bloom, 진, to tremble or shake, and 격, attack)
    화진각 -> Shivering Flower Wind (from 화, flower or bloom, 진, to tremble or shake, and 풍, wind)
    화신풍 -> Blooming Divine Wind (from 화, flower or bloom, 신, deity, and 풍, wind)
    투산철격 -> Piercing Parasol (from 투, pierce, 산, umbrella or parasol, 철, pierce, and 격, attack)
    반화격 -> Floral Counterattack (from 반격, counterattack, and 화, flower or bloom)
    비풍일격 -> Stormy Blow (from 비, rain or secretion, 풍, wind, and 일격, blow)
    기천비무 -> Aerial Qi Scattering Dance (from 기, Qi or energy, 천, sky, 비, rain or secretion, and 무, dance)
    유원백화 -> A Hundred Eternal Flowers (from 유, prefix meaning "to exist", 원, place, 백, 100, and 화, flower or bloom)
    유화강기 -> Strength of Floral Qi (from 유, prefix meaning "to exist", 화, flower or bloom, 강, strength, and 기, Qi or energy)
    운심월성 -> Heart of a Cloud, Mind of the Moon (from the Japanese, maybe Chinese?, 雲心月性, meaning "Someone standing on the higher ground without selfishness")
    내화 -> Inner Bloom (from 내, prefix meaning "inside", and 화, flower or bloom)
    외화 -> Outer Bloom (from 외, prefix meaning "outside", and 화, flower or bloom)
    진풍 -> Shivering Wind (from 진, to tremble or shake, and 풍, wind)
    기화심공 -> Floral Qi ( from 기, Qi or energy, 화, flower or bloom, 심, heart, and 공, merit or experience)

PS: Nexon, if you don't like the word Blüte and really want to use the Battle- prefix, at least name it Battleparasol, it still sounds awful but at least it does have some meaning
    MiloSen