[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Translations

MiloSenMiloSen
Vindictus Rep: 305
edited January 11, 2018 in General Discussion
According to new lines added in the files, Blute will be translated as "Battleshade."

Nexon, I'd like to know what the hell your translator smoked to come up with an abomination like that, please revert it back to "Blute" or I swear I'm going to look for the poor soul who said that shit was ok and eat his fucking heart.

Kind regards

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 11, 2018
    Blute sounds too anime and tryhard.Umbrella or battleshade works better for non-weaboos

• ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Blute sounds too anime and tryhard

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Blüte
    Didn't know german was a weeb language. Guess we can consider Gutenberg's Bible the very first light novel then
    NoburoWilkoLoLoBootyiMinifluffyninjaPrototypemind
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    My vote is for Parasol.
    PhoebeHalliwelHallyDameEnNoirBabyDaniSlothPrincess
  • ElyrElyr
    Karijuna wrote: »
    My vote is for Parasol.

Yeah, either just keep Blute like even JP did or use Parasol
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    German isn't really weeb language, but a lot of animes do use german words for some reason. A very, very recent example would be Violet Evergarden, where the characters go to a country called 'Leidenschaftlich', which literally means 'passionate' in german.
    Still, even I (as a german myself) would find it kinda awkward to keep the term Blüte in the english translation, especially because most keyboards don't have the Ü and so people will just write it wrongly as Blute all the time...
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Blute sounds too anime and tryhard.Umbrella or battleshade works better for non-weaboos

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it. Make it your mantra, for the sake of the forum.
    BatSnacksMisterWhiskerscyborax
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited January 11, 2018
    Battleshade sounds more "anime" than Blute, if you ask me. Don't know why they kept the name Teide, which to the best of my knowledge is nothing more than the name of a volcano, but changed this.
    LoLoBootyAriaGodspellcyborax
    edited January 11, 2018
    Arishante wrote: »

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it. Make it your mantra, for the sake of the forum.

Giving replies that make you look smart DO NOT make you smart.Make that your mantra ,Mr. Hurt Weaboo
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    tenor.gif

This was probably their inspiration
    PhoebeHalliwelcyborax
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I'm still gonna call it Blute. Stupid ass translators.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    edited January 11, 2018

Giving replies that make you look smart DO NOT make you smart.Make that your mantra ,Mr. Hurt Weaboo

Going with the you think you're better than me complex of inferiority on me now? Look above and see why you should have kept quiet.

Battleshade sounds like fighting in the dark or cloak and dagger, nothing like Lynn. Blu:te (heh heh) fits Lynn since she leaves petals around when attacking and some skills have floral connotations to them.

Edit: does she leave petals or leaves around? long time since i played her.
    edited January 11, 2018

Going with the you think you're better than me complex of inferiority on me now? Look above and see why you should have kept quiet.

Battleshade sounds like fighting in the dark or cloak and dagger, nothing like Lynn. Blu:te (heh heh) fits Lynn since she leaves petals around when attacking and some skills have floral connotations to them.

Edit: does she leave petals or leaves around? long time since i played her.

That's still no reason to use a foreign name for a weapon.The average player doesn't want to know the intriguing explanation of why blute is named blute,he wants to know what the f to expect from that playstyle when he glimpses at that name.Umbrella/parsol fits that best
  • BatSnacksBatSnacks
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    How about, the BloomBrella? o:)
  • PrepareYourOwnMealPrepareYourOwnMeal
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Kind of fitting changing the name from German to something else like how they're giving up on the German localization.
  • erickhendrixerickhendrix
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    I vote for MurderUmbrella
    boddoleLoLoBooty
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Not the first time NA-EN translations are far from original, "butchered". Gotta admin in some cases for the better, but mostly not. Furtherrmore, ranking score description (how many points per thing) are still outdated - 300 points for critical resistance, no points for titles, etc. At least German one were updated straight away as far I heard.
  • MiloSenMiloSen
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    Could a member of the staff bother replying? Even a generic "Your feedback is important and we've contacted translators and editors, it's now up to them to make any change" would work, just to know you did actually read the thread. Considering you didn't even edit the swearing out of my previous posts, I'm honestly thinking you just scrolled past without reading a single word.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    An umbrella by any other name is still an umbrella lol

... No killing its only a joke.
    edited January 12, 2018
    MiloSen wrote: »
    Could a member of the staff bother replying? Even a generic "Your feedback is important and we've contacted translators and editors, it's now up to them to make any change" would work, just to know you did actually read the thread. Considering you didn't even edit the swearing out of my previous posts, I'm honestly thinking you just scrolled past without reading a single word.

Why would you think the playerbase has the right to tell them what to do with their translations? If that's how they wanna name it they have every right
  • ElyrElyr
    MiloSen wrote: »

Why would you think the playerbase has the right to tell them what to do with their translations? If that's how they wanna name it they have every right

I legitly can't understand if this is irony or you're really this big of an idiot
    MisterWhiskers