[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Second Weapon in the making confirmed!

HoshinakiHoshinaki
Vindictus Rep: 2,255
edited November 13, 2016 in General Discussion
Hey everyone! So I went on the Korean Vindi website and did some digging around. It looks like the devs confirmed that they're working on a second weapon. They haven't said what the weapon is or which character they're working on, but some time in the winter there will be more information about it.

Comments

• M3lancholyM3lancholy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    It. Better. Be. Hurk.
    Kourin
  • YoppiYoppi
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    M3lancholy

It. Better. Be. Hurk.
    It would only make sense to go in order of the characters released, so I agree that Hurk should be the next in line.
    Xie
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited November 13, 2016
    No they shud make a 3rd weapon for kai becuz he is currently not op enuf with his other two weapons
    Quinque
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    Yoppi
    Yoppi said:

M3lancholy

It. Better. Be. Hurk.
    It would only make sense to go in order of the characters released, so I agree that Hurk should be the next in line.
    I got a feeling they are going to skip Hurk.

• GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Quinque
    Quinque said:

Yoppi
    Yoppi said:

M3lancholy

It. Better. Be. Hurk.

I think Lynn seems like a good bet. Her first weapon is already pretty niche and difficult for many to use, particularly without a lot of speed.
  • YoppiYoppi
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    GhengisJohn

Quinque
    Quinque said:

Yoppi
    Yoppi said:

I think Lynn seems like a good bet. Her first weapon is already pretty niche and difficult for many to use, particularly without a lot of speed.
    Ah, I have a feeling that Hurks won't be feeling too peachy if KR decides to skip over to Lynn, but the truth is, she seems inefficient and mediocre compared to everyone else if she isn't "trying hard". I see.

The wonderful thing is that we don't really know what to expect, so pretty much everything is open to speculation in the meantime. Some characters like Lann, Fiona, and Kai have "similar" second weapons, while characters like Evie and Vella have a pretty distinct and separate choice in their's. But regardless of character, second weapons offer a different enough experience for players to want to "specialize" in one weapon over another (though I guess it's not uncommon for some to invest into both weapons).

Hopefully the second weapon for Lynn will be "easier" and faster. Unlike Fiona, she is a smaller and nimbler, so it probably won't be something like going from longswords to hammers.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    The order of release should be Hurk -> Lynn -> Arisha ->Sylas
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Watch us get Lynn first because China. Everything is for MH:CN.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I also have a feeling it wont be hurk, might be what other character is far more popular.
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    I wouldn't mind it being Lynn but im pretty sure it'll be Hurk. Unlesss DevCAT makes secondaries for Hurk, Lynn, Arisha, Sylas (Hoagie), and Delia all in one massive update to end the year (I can dream can't I?)
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    No, Derpcat said the next update (they said end of Nov or start of Dec) will be just one 2nd weapon. I really hope they will release more after that first one though.
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    TheDayInLove

Just one 2nd weapon.
    WHY ARE YOU KILLING MY DREAMS!? +cry
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It wouldn't matter. We haven't even gotten the second half of smash one. We'll be lucky to see the second weapon by the end of next year +tongue