[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What games outside of Vindictus do you play?

Comments

• EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    Roland wrote: »
    Old School Runescape and Overwatch.

This. Max cape / 4166 peak SR tracer

you are looking at a professional gaming esport athlete in his peak form
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited January 19, 2018
    This game lol.

It will be interesting if that game ever figures out what it's supposed to be, hah. They advertise it as something with deep but flashy PvE and that is without doubt the most empty part of the game. Would be great if some real PvE shows up one day cause that's a beautiful world for so many to miss out on.

Also, to add to the discussion, MHW is inbound at some point this year. Looking smexy:
  • Burrito_UltimaBurrito_Ultima
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    > Earth Defense Force 4.1
    > Skyrim
    > Warshift
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    mhw is good but vindi sorta ruined me on arpg bosses. dinosaurs just don't hold a candle to the crazy **** we've seen. also their aim and tracking is so horrible. like i get that it has to be balanced around the less mobile weapons and having few iframes...but jesus these guys have missed me while i was standing still.
  • CetasCetas
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    LoL, Overwatch, FFXIV and DISSIDIA NT
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited February 1, 2018
    It will be interesting if that game ever figures out what it's supposed to be, hah. They advertise it as something with deep but flashy PvE and that is without doubt the most empty part of the game. Would be great if some real PvE shows up one day cause that's a beautiful world for so many to miss out on.

What do you mean by real PvE? If you only look for detailed PvE and you hate PvP then it's simply not your game. It's a sandbox MMO, not a dungeon crawler that focuses mainly on monster vs. player combat. There are different challenges in each game and they don't have to be so-called real to be challenging.

But that's only my opinion.
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    edited February 5, 2018
    Double post.
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Black Desert Online
    This game lol.

It's pretty good with pvp
  • TheWhiteLordTheWhiteLord
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    edited February 6, 2018
    I'm playing MHW atm and enjoying it so far. But honestly it's not even coming close to the difficulty of a vindictus with the different boss fights/large creatures. I have the entire Nergigante Set and so far the dragons weren't too much of a challange, at least not compared to most vindictus bosses I've faced. Still a good g ame and the PvE experience as a whole is definitely doing a better job compared to vindictus.

What do you mean by real PvE? If you only look for detailed PvE and you hate PvP then it's simply not your game. It's a sandbox MMO, not a dungeon crawler that focuses mainly on monster vs. player combat. There are different challenges in each game and they don't have to be so-called real to be challenging.

But that's only my opinion.

I mean that you have to grind PvE content to continue leveling and to level in the first place, so make it good. They introduce scroll bosses and world bosses and massive sea monsters, etc., and then implement them poorly. It looks flashy, which is what lured a lot of people with almost no interest in the PvP in, but for both them and the people who have to grind it, it sucks.

The game was originally supposed to be a political/faction-based PvP sandbox shaped by the actions of the players with a rich backstory to launch the conflict to come. It became a shallow if well-detailed PvP grinder with a bunch of life skills that are as poorly implemented as the PvE content. Trade was supposed to be a huge part of the game and now it doesn't exist.

There is no cohesiveness to the game's design. Again, each time new characters launch they showcase them with flashy vids that belie how utterly boring any of the PvE content actually is. They show new monster designs and literally the only difference in what rolls out and what came before is the cosmetics of them. The game does not have a clear direction other than continuing to milk those who don't mind grinding it.

If they actually fleshed out the PvE and made it so that the reality lined up with the hype I'd be all over it, because it's ridiculously beautiful. Sadly, it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 10, 2018
    Picked BnS up. Wow, so many changes after having not played over 2 yrs. Lvling is crazy fast, free legendary gear. Sounds very familiar with another game. :*
    edited February 10, 2018
    I mean that you have to grind PvE content to continue leveling and to level in the first place, so make it good. They introduce scroll bosses and world bosses and massive sea monsters, etc., and then implement them poorly. It looks flashy, which is what lured a lot of people with almost no interest in the PvP in, but for both them and the people who have to grind it, it sucks.

The game was originally supposed to be a political/faction-based PvP sandbox shaped by the actions of the players with a rich backstory to launch the conflict to come. It became a shallow if well-detailed PvP grinder with a bunch of life skills that are as poorly implemented as the PvE content. Trade was supposed to be a huge part of the game and now it doesn't exist.

I and a friend just started playing in december and we only have time for it on the weekends, so i don't know the game much yet.

Poorly in which aspect? They don't look so cinematic and epic like in the videos or they don't work like they were meant to?

As for the grinding. You probably mean grinding for gear because leveling is quite fast, you just need to find the right place for that. And gear grinding is something that probably won't change in MMORPG's. However there are different implementations that can make grinding fun and less repetitive (like the 1-hour dungeons in Tera), or just daily rewarding (like the material farming and the free marketplace in Lineage 2).
    There is no cohesiveness to the game's design. Again, each time new characters launch they showcase them with flashy vids that belie how utterly boring any of the PvE content actually is. They show new monster designs and literally the only difference in what rolls out and what came before is the cosmetics of them. The game does not have a clear direction other than continuing to milk those who don't mind grinding it.

If they actually fleshed out the PvE and made it so that the reality lined up with the hype I'd be all over it, because it's ridiculously beautiful. Sadly, it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

Because it's a sandbox game? It's not meant to follow a regular design but to offer different possibilities.

It surely needs some fixes as there are a lot of not so game-breaking but annoying bugs like that damned auto-loop that leads you into the deep water at some places, and you come back only to see your horse being drowned in the water and your character being killed by monsters on the shore. And the game freezes are the most annoying that my friend doesn't have somehow and we have almost the same game settings, however i have a dual monitor setup.

But apart from that it looks fun. I actually like how they implemented the skill combo system because it works as in a regular hack and slash game. And those ridiculously long 8-level skill combos that i probably won't use but at least they are possible.
    @RhapsodyOfFire No, by grinding I mean that you continually grind brainless PvE mobs to continue leveling. The gear grind is another pain of its own in that you either beat your head against an RNG wall that's as bad as Vindi's in some ways and worse in others, or you drive yourself crazy trying to win bids from auction. The best way to get the top gear is to hope you can win it and buy it for billions in currency. PvP is entirely gear based for all intents and purposes and better gear will take the day almost every time.

Gear based PvP will never be good design--it's just as bad in TERA and BnS(in open world) in terms of being slaughtered if you're behind--and PvE grinding against the same stale mobs with new skins will never be enjoyable. It's a mess of mindlessness and AFKing. If they ever implement some real changes it could be amazing, but they likely won't with all the money that players pour in here in the west for the initial box cost and then pets to stay competitive.
    @RhapsodyOfFire No, by grinding I mean that you continually grind brainless PvE mobs to continue leveling. The gear grind is another pain of its own in that you either beat your head against an RNG wall that's as bad as Vindi's in some ways and worse in others, or you drive yourself crazy trying to win bids from auction. The best way to get the top gear is to hope you can win it and buy it for billions in currency. PvP is entirely gear based for all intents and purposes and better gear will take the day almost every time.

Gear based PvP will never be good design--it's just as bad in TERA and BnS(in open world) in terms of being slaughtered if you're behind--and PvE grinding against the same stale mobs with new skins will never be enjoyable. It's a mess of mindlessness and AFKing. If they ever implement some real changes it could be amazing, but they likely won't with all the money that players pour in here in the west for the initial box cost and then pets to stay competitive.

Leveling is quite fast, i think. Even though you have to grind PvE mobs, killing 100 of them takes like 5 minutes, and that's enough to raise a level at least after lvl 50. And i found out the enhancement system is quite nice. Armors and weapons don't get destroyed, only accessories do. Also there are failstacks.

Every RPG is gear based. : D There's nothing wrong with it, especially since it's usually gear-dependent in open field PvP, not in arena PvP. For example Tera has gear-independent PvP dungeons and gear-dependent open field PvP, and you get battleground points only from PvP dungeons that you can exchange for PvP gear.

For me it's okay as long as i experience progression every day and i don't log out empty-handed.
    @RhapsodyOfFire You dear, sweet summer child. BDO gear eventually does reach a point that it can and most likely will be destroyed going for the most powerful versions of them. You shall see. And I wasn't talking about get ting to 50 and just there after, it's the mindless grind that's needed to continue well beyond that, because there is no level cap, and players who no life will forever be ahead of those who don't. You will hit a progression wall with BDO. It has enjoyable features, but it lacks polish and depth and eventually those poor design choices become very apparent.
    edited February 21, 2018
    @RhapsodyOfFire You dear, sweet summer child. BDO gear eventually does reach a point that it can and most likely will be destroyed going for the most powerful versions of them. You shall see. And I wasn't talking about get ting to 50 and just there after, it's the mindless grind that's needed to continue well beyond that, because there is no level cap, and players who no life will forever be ahead of those who don't. You will hit a progression wall with BDO. It has enjoyable features, but it lacks polish and depth and eventually those poor design choices become very apparent.

From where did you hear it gets destroyed? As far as i know it only resets to PRI (+15) and it loses 10 of the max. durability when you try to enhance above +15 and it fails. But you can repair max. durability with memory fragments or an unenhanced item of the same kind.

As for the no lifer advantage, this is the point where i say try to adapt, because it's not any game's fault. You can't make a game where no lifers can't be ahead of others. If you do, then there will be so many restrictions in it that no one will play it. "The train doesn't wait for anyone."

At least most of the games are fair in this sense, because being ahead of someone doesn't make something unfair. If a game rewards hard work and don't punish for nothing then i think it can be called fair.
    Again, you will see in time. You can look up BDO item destruction and read all about it or watch videos of items going poof. There's also a difference between a game that rewards time spent versus one that makes it a job if you want to stay relavent. BnS suffers from the same issue. Just not my cup of tea. Vindictus almost did the right things to correct it, but then they took a nose dive with other decisions. Sadly even their short term profits were hurt by it this time by the looks of things, but ah well. It was fun while it lasted.
    edited February 22, 2018
    Again, you will see in time. You can look up BDO item destruction and read all about it or watch videos of items going poof. There's also a difference between a game that rewards time spent versus one that makes it a job if you want to stay relavent. BnS suffers from the same issue. Just not my cup of tea. Vindictus almost did the right things to correct it, but then they took a nose dive with other decisions. Sadly even their short term profits were hurt by it this time by the looks of things, but ah well. It was fun while it lasted.

I don't know what kind of item destruction you are talking about. Maybe we don't play the same version of the game or you haven't played for a very long time. Where i play only accessories get destroyed. The rest of the gear (weapons and armors) can be enhanced to max. +20, and you can easily reach +15, and above that the only difference is that you'll need Concentrated Magical Black Stones, and on failure it decreases the max. durability by 10 instead of 5 and enhancement level decreases by 1 or resets to PRI on failure after +16.

And again, it's a sandbox game where you don't have to do everything because there are alternatives. And it's grindy like any other MMO if you want top gear. I've never had problem with this kind of grind since i had played Lineage 2 for years back then. I only play on the weekends and i'm satisfied with my progress so far. It takes time but it doesn't feel like a job because i progress every time i log in and play a few hours. It might be because there are many things to do in the game.

I thought you would give me some nice tips and proofs because i'm ready to be amazed and horrified. : P
  • MetalDevil19MetalDevil19
    Vindictus Rep: 1,910
    I'm still playing for honor... im like, rep 106 rn. Also play Nioh, Hunt:Showdown, middleearth shadow of war, and evil within 2.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    None, Vindictus best game ever