[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

NEW Map / Raid / Reedemer Information (22.12.2017)

Comments

• MacDBMacDB
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    edited January 17, 2018
    https://imgur.com/efYsWDK

https://imgur.com/56stZRU

Needless to say, meh.
    Balor's model does not match his concept art at all, which is a damn shame.
    Dark armour and axe would be a better choice in my opinion, but instead devcat went for gold and blue, which is not even matching the map's colour palette.
    His face is also different from concept art. On the images before, his mouth flesh was ripped and you could see bloodied teeth which gave him a hellish look.
    As for his voice, it's just mismatched. Would be better if the original concept art was used to complete fruition.

But then again, the boss is not yet finished, although I am aware of his later change (which we do not yet see) I consider his first form goofy.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Griciel wrote: »
    For being the Great Fomorian King, I didn't think they'd make him look so... human or angelic... I was hoping they'd make him look more monstrous.

I like that they gave him such a huge variety of different attacks, more than any other boss I've seen in this game. I hope they will keep up that trend, since it makes fights less boring and you really have to think on your feet more. But despite all that (I know they only reached up to health bar 7 of him) but where is his "evil eye" attacks or mechanic? He's Balor of the Evil Eye right?

The raid ends right before entering into the other phase, and Balor is kneeling down. I think he's about to transform or something.

ahh interesting... so this raid is not fully released? or what?

It's still on the Test server so no, it's not fully released yet.
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    download_1.gif
    SaphreeJinyie
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    MacDB wrote: »
    His face is also different from concept art. On the images before, his mouth flesh was ripped and you could see bloodied teeth which gave him a hellish look.

Where did you see the image of him with "mouth flesh ripped and bloodied teeth"? This was the only picture I saw on him for concept art. What ripped mouth and bloody teeth?

JNSD3Dg.jpg
  • StudentOfTheGoddessStudentOfTheGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,570
    I should note that in the Celtic Mythus Gods and Kings are interchangeable, for example, Cichol is known in the mythus as the earliest known Fomor King, their decision to make Balor a God (since he has wings) is not unfounded, not to mention that a Redeemer's Raid Boss should be nothing but a God (or in the case of Neamhain, a Demi Goddess). Secondly, I believe his third phase will be him either being powered up, or using the red moon of that stage, the moon which makes for a metaphorical "eye" of sorts, I only read this rumor as I watched the coment section of some Kr footage of the Raid.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    If people watched MintRisha's video, you'll see that Balor caps at 33.5K ATT and 173 Crit. Have at it. Hope they'll let someone with 32.1K ATT and 160 Crit v.v
    Sir_Render
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    I should note that in the Celtic Mythus Gods and Kings are interchangeable, for example, Cichol is known in the mythus as the earliest known Fomor King, their decision to make Balor a God (since he has wings) is not unfounded, not to mention that a Redeemer's Raid Boss should be nothing but a God (or in the case of Neamhain, a Demi Goddess). Secondly, I believe his third phase will be him either being powered up, or using the red moon of that stage, the moon which makes for a metaphorical "eye" of sorts, I only read this rumor as I watched the coment section of some Kr footage of the Raid.

So, Balor is a God and a King of Fomors, And Cichol was the earliest fomor king, but is also a God. And don't forget about Red Dragon Elchulus, they named his raid "God of Fomors" after all.

• StudentOfTheGoddessStudentOfTheGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,570

So, Balor is a God and a King of Fomors, And Cichol was the earliest fomor king, but is also a God. And don't forget about Red Dragon Elchulus, they named his raid "God of Fomors" after all.

The epithet of Elchulus, "God of the Fomors" was an invention of the Pontif's court, in truth, he is a god of time, or as Muir calls it "The Beast of Fire and Thunder", this was all to discret the fomor race(s), and to build up to the false prophecy, but I digress.
    While in the mythus Gods and Kings are interchangeable terms, in Vindictus, they are just gods, most likely Balor is a god related to the fomors.
    As a piece of trivia, Morrighan's name is roughly translated to "Phantom Queen", so there is more evidence of gods being treated as royalty or monarchs in the mythus. Which is why Balor being a god in Vindictus isn't so farfetched, even Lugh could have been depicted as divinity in Vindictus and it wouldn't be too far off the mythus, instead they kept his "light and sun god" motiff, but decided to show him as the last hero.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 18, 2018
    If people watched MintRisha's video, you'll see that Balor caps at 33.5K ATT and 173 Crit. Have at it. Hope they'll let someone with 32.1K ATT and 160 Crit v.v

nobody can cap that bs raid without +12~13 Dullahan weapon

This really stinks..we're on the edge of lvl 100 sets release and they keep pushing content thats more suited for Dullahan weapon users.I originally planned to skip lv95 tier and invest hard in lv100 one
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    EV03Obo.gif

VcNbhmw.gif

AMgV28Q.gif

8MbUGnr.png
    UlpMkkf.gif
    SaphreePrettyyBabyDani
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280

This really stinks..we're on the edge of lvl 100 sets release and they keep pushing content thats more suited for Dullahan weapon users.I originally planned to skip lv95 tier and invest hard in lv100 one

When are we supposedly getting the level 100 gear? (in kr I mean)
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385

I dunno why people are so obssessed with capping raids . It used to be harder to cap every single raid on previous seasons and that didint seem like a problem. And im happy its hard to cap. Its a reedemer, it shouldnt be a steamroll by any mean.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255

I dunno why people are so obssessed with capping raids . It used to be harder to cap every single raid on previous seasons and that didint seem like a problem. And im happy its hard to cap. Its a reedemer, it shouldnt be a steamroll by any mean.

Because now people cap everything and even cap new raids before they come out, they expect to be able to cap everything. I agree with you, capping raids shouldn't be such an easy nor "expected" task. The only thing I dislike about constantly increasing caps is that it becomes increasingly more impossible for Sword Lann to keep up with the crit, which is pretty much his sole source of damage.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Cashews wrote: »
    Because now people cap everything and even cap new raids before they come out, they expect to be able to cap everything. I agree with you, capping raids shouldn't be such an easy nor "expected" task. The only thing I dislike about constantly increasing caps is that it becomes increasingly more impossible for Sword Lann to keep up with the crit, which is pretty much his sole source of damage.

Don't forget that they already basically made cap ~3k higher than what it was before due to Aby/Myst Shards + redeemers buffs. I don't think even a +14 Chaotic Judgment is going to manage 36.5 k att without extra buffs. And if crit cap really is going to be 173... Sword Lann isn't going to even get close to 188 base. (I think if I wear all my crit oriented gear + Chaotic/Judgment dul weapon I will hit ~175.)

My assumption is they are just making him so they don't need to buff him for when +100 gear comes.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    It just hit me that Balor has some striking similarities to Nuadha from Mabinogi...
    nuadha1-e1305333007339-512x250.png
    Saphree
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    It just hit me that Balor has some striking similarities to Nuadha from Mabinogi...
    nuadha1-e1305333007339-512x250.png

I was thinking the exact same thing when I first saw actual video of a few days ago, I just didn't make that remark.
    SaphreeSir_Render
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    @LynnCube seems you forgot to paste this here:
    New Rank 6 Enchant Scroll Information

stat difference to R7 ES in ( )

Infinite (replaces Time's)

DEF +160
    HP +100
    STA +8
    CRIT +5
    CRIT RES +8
    BAL -3

(HP +50 / STA +3 / CRIT +1 / CRIT RES +2)

Captive (replaces Expeditionary)

ATT/M.ATT +285
    DEF +280
    CRIT +3
    CRIT RES +5

(CRIT +2 / CRIT RES +1)
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    SirRFI wrote: »
    @LynnCube seems you forgot to paste this here:
    New Rank 6 Enchant Scroll Information

stat difference to R7 ES in ( )

Infinite (replaces Time's)

DEF +160
    HP +100
    STA +8
    CRIT +5
    CRIT RES +8
    BAL -3

(HP +50 / STA +3 / CRIT +1 / CRIT RES +2)

Captive (replaces Expeditionary)

ATT/M.ATT +285
    DEF +280
    CRIT +3
    CRIT RES +5

(CRIT +2 / CRIT RES +1)

RIP enthusiastics/echoing
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Apparently rewarded stats for progression also weren't posted, so here we go:
    i16170795772.png
    According to google translate - Balor completion stats are:
    5% - +1 critical
    25% - +1000 HP
    50% - +500 ATK, +500 MATK, +1 critical
    75% - +1 critical, +300 ATK Limit
    100% - +500 ATK, +500 MATK, +2 critical

Total: +1000 (M)ATK, +1000 HP, +5 critical, +300 ATK Limit
    ... which is the same as Neamhain's
    Also, the buff is likely Full Force 2
    Additionally I saw mention about getting 2% per Neamhain run instead of just 1%.
    kls9
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Additionally I saw mention about getting 2% per Neamhain run instead of just 1%.

So instead of 100 neam runs for 100% completion, we only need 50 runs for 100% completion? Just want to clarfiy.