[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So whats new

SanuienSanuien
Vindictus Rep: 2,720
in General Discussion
Its ya boy San

Ive been gone for i dont know, maybe a year. But now that Im done playing ffxiv, Wondering whats new (content wise.)
Last thing I remember was "new" was the underground zombie enochan chimera.
Ive see many things changed and I feel like a brand new player. So who can summerize/list me whats new technically. lol

Comments

• oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Turn back.
    Sir_RenderBatSnacksDrachus
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited December 28, 2017
    Rise update changing the game overall.

battles no longer have hero mode except for certain bosses, and are limited to 5 per day per dungeon (S1/S2 only).

various nerfs on classes and items like the succubus fang for example.

Dullahan and donegal content.

seal shop update where you can get a 100% +13 from +10 with about 400 seals (40 days of non-stop ein lacher farming).

Abyss is now daily instead of wed and fri only, but is locked to one mode only at the highest level starting at 80.

• SanuienSanuien
    edited December 28, 2017
    Ikarsu wrote: »

seal shop update where you can get a 100% +13 from +10 with about 400 seals (40 days of non-stop ein lacher farming).

Ein lacher?? were seals deleted from everything else?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited December 28, 2017
    Sanuien wrote: »
    Ikarsu wrote: »

Ein lacher?? were seals deleted from everything else?

No, he is just saying it is really fast to farm them in ein. S3 raids/Special/nifl + aby give them too. And honestly I sort of stopped focusing on seals, since you can't use them on lv 95 stuff. (Though you can buy the goibhniu stones if you want.)
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    S2 and S1 raids no longer give seals, that's the only change.

Including Ein Lachers, you can farm 30 seals a day at the very least each day if you go hardcore.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Atherion wrote: »

Including Ein Lachers, you can farm 30 seals a day at the very least each day if you go hardcore.

abyssal = 4*9 = 36

ein lacher = 10

raids = 20+ (depending how many goddes guidance members you get)

royal raids = 5ish

that's more like 70 daily
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited December 29, 2017
    Atherion wrote: »

abyssal = 4*9 = 36

ein lacher = 10

raids = 20+ (depending how many goddes guidance members you get)

royal raids = 5ish

that's more like 70 daily

He said at the very least...
    20+10=30 at the very least
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Playing FF14 after this game is treason. You have committed treason by playing a terrible skill-spam turn-based MMO after leaving a true action hack and slash MMO. You should be ashamed.
    Sir_Render
  • SanuienSanuien
    edited December 29, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    Playing FF14 after this game is treason. You have committed treason by playing a terrible skill-spam turn-based MMO after leaving a true action hack and slash MMO. You should be ashamed.

I stopped reading after "turn based"
    Xie
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    FFXIV is nothing near turn-based with how fast they force you to react to certain mechanics in the game, and especially with how fast you have to react with certain skills. Someone would only reply this way about it if they have literally never played or seen anything about it whatsoever and just saw "Final Fantasy" and equated it to turn-based combat for being an RPG series.
    Sanuien wrote: »
    Its ya boy San

Ive been gone for i dont know, maybe a year. But now that Im done playing ffxiv,

Sadly for me I love crafting in video games and MMO's specifically, so for me, FFXIV never ends. (That and I gotta get ready for new savage content :s )
    Xie
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    They screwed up the Dragoon
    if i can't literally leave the fight for 10 seconds then come in for massive damage it's ruined for me
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Satsue wrote: »
    FFXIV is nothing near turn-based with how fast they force you to react to certain mechanics in the game, and especially with how fast you have to react with certain skills. Someone would only reply this way about it if they have literally never played or seen anything about it whatsoever and just saw "Final Fantasy" and equated it to turn-based combat for being an RPG series.

Except that it is. I said skill-spam turn-based. I know that the gameplay uses skill spam; but it's skill-spam based on turn-based. The way that the game sets up its cooldowns, especially with the global cooldowns, is to force it to mimic turn-based gameplay. Sure, there are skills that aren't affected by that intentional slowdown, but the game was still designed to feel like a turn-based game and a skill-spam game at the same time, and it just feels clunky, regardless of whether it's during the slow beginning or the *cough* "endgame" combat.

On the other hand, Vindi is real time action combat. Special skills have cooldowns, but attacking in and of itself is not limited by global cooldowns based on stupid turn-based pacing. Even in the older FF games I preferred ATB over turn-based, because at least with ATB the pacing was determined by your own actions rather than forcefully limited by the game's own pacing.
    Sir_Render
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    edited December 30, 2017
    Yeah, this should end here because you clearly don't know what you're talking about because the game is way different than how you seem to think it is. It's even faster than the ATB combat games because you're always able to react and take actions, so I don't see why that's supposed to prove your point. You clearly have a different opinion and I don't agree with it, and apparently neither do some others, so it should end at that.