[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Just delete Delia.

Comments

• ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Elyr wrote: »
    Fun fact, she's actually among the best damage dealers in game

*Was.

KR apparently puts Glaive 2nd spot, together with Spellsword, so I guess she still is
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Are you talking out of ur ass or something Miri has 100 Attack speed.

Also those are not my chars, it's someone else playing just listed videos to show you the little difference.

Please do show us you superior technique of using Miri, show a solo or anything doesn't matter if u have the stats, just gameplay. xD

If that's not your character, why are you using it to make an argument? In any case, that PLAYER you used as "proof" was playing Miri wrong.

I don't have the stats yet, but I explained to you just how to increase DPS through that cancel technique, so you can test it out yourself if you have a Miri.

In any case, I have both Miri and Delia in Season 3, and Miri by far deals better DPS than Delia by a long shot. Delia's problem is that she's insanely slow, to the point of being crippled. You can give Delia enough speed to be GOOD, but Miri already starts with enough speed to make her GREAT.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited December 27, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    If that's not your character, why are you using it to make an argument? In any case, that PLAYER you used as "proof" was playing Miri wrong.

I don't have the stats yet, but I explained to you just how to increase DPS through that cancel technique, so you can test it out yourself if you have a Miri.

In any case, I have both Miri and Delia in Season 3, and Miri by far deals better DPS than Delia by a long shot. Delia's problem is that she's insanely slow, to the point of being crippled. You can give Delia enough speed to be GOOD, but Miri already starts with enough speed to make her GREAT.

I'm gonna argue against always relying on spine throw to shoot off a dps roll with dragon attacks because it requires jumping which takes away hydra buff, therefore negating the dmg boost. Though I can see it being sometimes useful on a fast boss that doesn't give you the option to always block and instead needing to jump dodge.

I've been playing Miri with the style of maintaining the hydra buff up most of the time and my dps is quite nice, but I'll raid a little using spinethrow style instead and see how that pans out.

Also it's not playing Miri wrong if you don't play it one person's way, these characters let you play them in your own way.

So while trying to raid with using this Spinethrow style "every time" to go into dragon attacks, I find it very inefficient. Mainly because most of the time when my dragon bar gains 2 or more charges [I try to not deplete my dragon bar cause it take more time to charge the first bar than all the subsequent] I'm already right up against the boss hitting it with regular smashes so it's hard not to just chain into dragon attacks. Likewise the purposeful trashing of the hydra buff bothered me a fair bit. The only time spinethrow was worthwhile to use was potentially on the initial hit or when catching up to a boss, though sometimes scorching streak gets the job done better and faster for slightly farther distances since spinethrow only reaches so far.

This style might be more suited for say safely playing against Neamhain, but otherwise I find it personally inefficient, for me.
    PixelPantsuReziMochiSweet
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    shes the 2nd best behind miri
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Main thing is how much gear Delia requires to be decent and how repetitive she is on top of that. She's a one trick pony when it comes to getting the most out of her, and bosses move too quickly to use her well against them without a lot of speed. On top of that a few taps and her max damage buff drops down.

Miri could use a tweak or two, but Delia is on some weaksauce.
    Rezi
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    edited December 27, 2017
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    shes the 2nd best behind miri

She really isn't
    Arrow95ReziMaryJane
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    why would anyone suggest to delete delia such op char , i would suggest to delete kai better , he dont fits to this game at all
    Rezi
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    I suggest everyone stop referencing Kr's ranking system like it can actually be applied to majority of this game.

They use s3 raids with characters who are rocking full attack limit and 5-6k+ additional damage. Those runs will be 4minutes max so the classes with most dps phase uptime will be higher up; meaning Miri in particular since she will be in Dragon form for half the run. And for some reason, transformation and stims are not included, so classes like Spear Lann and GS hurk are much lower down.

A better and more consistent comparison would be Neamhain since certain items, and skills are limited.
    Rezi
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Atherion wrote: »
    I suggest everyone stop referencing Kr's ranking system like it can actually be applied to majority of this game.

They use s3 raids with characters who are rocking full attack limit and 5-6k+ additional damage. Those runs will be 4minutes max so the classes with most dps phase uptime will be higher up; meaning Miri in particular since she will be in Dragon form for half the run. And for some reason, transformation and stims are not included, so classes like Spear Lann and GS hurk are much lower down.

A better and more consistent comparison would be Neamhain since certain items, and skills are limited.

Really any ranking system is flawed, like Neamhain is bad because Arisha overshadows so much there.
    Rezi
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Rezi wrote: »
    Delete delia .

You keep saying how you know everything, yet some time ago you were also arguing that cosmic blitz was delia's worst skill... maybe try to open up to new playstyles, use all the potential of the character, instead of evangelizing your own gameplay like it's the best, while not giving any proof. You say you don't have the stats, yet the dps differences of each playstyle show a lot with long runs, so it might be worth doing that if you want to back up your argument.
    Cheers mate, i still can't say whether you are trolling or being actually serious everytime. I do hope it's just trolling...
    LoLoBootyMaryJane
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I never said that I know everything, nor did I was that cosmic blitz was her worst skill. I simply said that I had never found good use for it. I actually did recently, to kill a boss before the screen stops being black, but that's it.
  • SexyWaterMelonSexyWaterMelon
    Vindictus Rep: 860
    @Rezi no and no don't be selfish
  • coobeecoobee
    Vindictus Rep: 5
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Delia. The optimization is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of both the character and the boss's attack properties most of the opportunity windows will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Delia's combo shortening and animation canceling, which are deftly woven into the gameplay- Ion Thrust draws heavily from a good understanding of multi-hits, for example. The players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this character, to realise that it's not just fun- it says something deep about GAME DESIGN. As a consequence people who dislike Delia truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the meaning in Delia's lengthy wind-ups, simplistic combos and lack of skill tray cooldowns, which themselves are a cryptic reference to the good old days of Vindictus S1. I'm smirking right now imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as they try to land their smashes on a boss that's teleporting and sliding around like a slippery eel. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Delia tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5% Ein Lacher medal percentage of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

---
    With that said, I like Delia for not being an ADHD spamfest and I never thought excessive active skills had any place in a pure action game. Her biggest problem is that bosses are less and less designed around her speed and thus is ass to play until you hit certain thresholds with gear.
    Cosmic Blitz is a positioning tool that can also give you free Falling Comets.
    MaryJane
  • SexyWaterMelonSexyWaterMelon
    Vindictus Rep: 860
    @Rezi and no don't be selfish