[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is the 3 % enhance succes a hoax?

XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
Vindictus Rep: 1,255
edited December 21, 2017 in General Discussion
i think it s just a scam, the chances are the same. What do you think?
  1. 3 % it s a classic nexon scam61 votes
    1. Yes
       62% (38 votes)
    2. No
       38% (23 votes)

Comments

• DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    Do you really expect 3% to drastically change your success rate? 3% is 3%. Math is hard.
    LoLoBootySaphree
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Regular chances are so low 3% doesn't even make any difference, honestly
    LoLoBootySaphreeWilko
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited December 21, 2017
    I would say its -3 not +3 . Failed 7 times at +6 and gave up . Never had bad luck like this before
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    I have my own theories on enhance and enchant success, but anytime i speak of it i get salt from all directions. I'll just say this: I don't do enchant runes, and i don't do enhance runes below +8. But this event, has made even my methods fail at an unexpected rate. I got all my gear to +10, but it took two runes to do it. Thats the most miserable i've seen yet. And only one item went to +12. Beyond upset. Beyond forgiveness. This all seems like a lie, setup to make players buy more runes. And I've heard similar complaints from players in every raid i've been in so far.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    3% sadly is pretty much nothing. Going to +13 and using a gooby stone it's slightly helpful because it moves your odds to 25% instead of 20, but that's still nothing amazing considering it used to be a 33% chance base. I still can't understand how this update is for the players yet they nerfed high enhance rates.

Anyway, the 3% is pretty much a joke, and I have zero idea how that number could be anything other than random and arbitrary. Leave it to Nexon to take potential and flush it down the drain while holding player's heads in the toilet.

TERA and BDO both give better bonus events than this. Maybe next time they'll keep standards in mind because watching effort explode at the forge does not encourage anyone.
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    I got a piece of armor to +13, so there's that...
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    The only way you’d see a difference is if it was 5%.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited December 21, 2017
    3% sadly is pretty much nothing. Going to +13 and using a gooby stone it's slightly helpful because it moves your odds to 25% instead of 20, but that's still nothing amazing considering it used to be a 33% chance base. I still can't understand how this update is for the players yet they nerfed high enhance rates.

Anyway, the 3% is pretty much a joke, and I have zero idea how that number could be anything other than random and arbitrary. Leave it to Nexon to take potential and flush it down the drain while holding player's heads in the toilet.

TERA and BDO both give better bonus events than this. Maybe next time they'll keep standards in mind because watching effort explode at the forge does not encourage anyone.

Is tera or bdo on maintenance ?Thats why you're here again?
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Annaz wrote: »
    The only way you’d see a difference is if it was 5%.

Make that 10%. 5% works for Enchant, since base chances are already "high", going to 40% max for r6/7. With Enhance, you don't even get to the old, pre-rise chances for +13 to +15
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Debahr wrote: »
    Do you really expect 3% to drastically change your success rate? 3% is 3%. Math is hard.

And even sometimes it doesn't add the whole 3% but the 3% portion of the original sucess rate to the overal success rate and you barely get 1% more chance with it. At some point in the past someone complained because of that, because they could happily state it's +3% in the item description, only the calculation was different from what people first thought of.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    It's an incentive for you to break your weapon need money to fund your new weapon, thus buying NX to sell airtight items.
  • RevenexRevenex
    Vindictus Rep: 315
    KMonk wrote: »
    It's an incentive for you to break your weapon need money to fund your new weapon, thus buying NX to sell airtight items.

Sad part is. As most would prefer to believe that this is not the case, New Gotcha bag release the same week as the % increase to enchants and enhancements.

Really subtle.....
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    I've had a 100% success rate during this event so..... :)
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    The event is +3% enhancement and +5% enchantment. based on addition rules, you have to find the base success rate %age and then find 3% of that and add it to that base.

With +11-15 being nerfed, this makes the gained success rate almost pointless... you're better off using the goib stone instead for 90 seals, where that has higher odds of success more times than I can count.

It's like asking for wine, and the glass breaks on you as soon as you pick it up.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I've had a 100% success rate during this event so..... :)

Were you enhancing to +3 every time? If so, I believe you.
    OmuricePixelPantsu
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    The event is +3% enhancement and +5% enchantment. based on addition rules, you have to find the base success rate %age and then find 3% of that and add it to that base.

With +11-15 being nerfed, this makes the gained success rate almost pointless... you're better off using the goib stone instead for 90 seals, where that has higher odds of success more times than I can count.

It's like asking for wine, and the glass breaks on you as soon as you pick it up.

The gooby stones stack with the +3%. So going for +13 is 20% + 3% raw + 10% of base, for 25% chance--which is, of course, still garbage. The odds favor you only needing 4 rather than 5 tries to hit +13, so technically better but still not looking good as much as essences cost.
  • DebahrDebahr
    edited December 21, 2017

And even sometimes it doesn't add the whole 3% but the 3% portion of the original sucess rate to the overal success rate and you barely get 1% more chance with it. At some point in the past someone complained because of that, because they could happily state it's +3% in the item description, only the calculation was different from what people first thought of.

DJBtbuG.png
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited December 21, 2017

The gooby stones stack with the +3%. So going for +13 is 20% + 3% raw + 10% of base, for 25% chance--which is, of course, still garbage. The odds favor you only needing 4 rather than 5 tries to hit +13, so technically better but still not looking good as much as essences cost.

DJBtbuG.png

At least this time around they actually described how it works. Might as well give credit where it's due.
  • DebahrDebahr

DJBtbuG.png

At least this time around they actually described how it works. Might as well give credit where it's due.

Perhaps you should check the info given before you try to tell someone how it works.
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    I'm actually liking this event... It's much easier than it used to be to get a +8 for sure, and even easier now with this on-going event. From 8-10 I failed 4 runes but luckily enough I got one to +9 then used the coupon to +10.... Sealshop stones for 90 weapons I used the 100%-+12, +11 stones. After which I used a safeguard to 13 from +12, and the enhancement succeeded. Then I switched the weapon to the character that can actually use the item, and got it to +14, all not using a goib. stone.. Spent 50m to make the weapon and sold for 500m..

Outlook so far 11/10 :>
    Zeroheart