[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Were horrible people (open beta players)

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    edited December 14, 2017
  • KawaenKawaen
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    I enjoyed the game more wayyy back when, not only because it was more lore based and actually cared about Tieve, but there was also a better overall community. There was more or less the same amount of drama but at least we had more people and a better community that actually tried to enjoy the game together instead of entirely focusing on gear and ranting on how good we are at dealing damage in the game. I'll admit, I'm trash at this game and I've been playing since beta finished, but that shouldn't mean I have to be the most geared or the best and most dps-est player, it should mean I was able to enjoy the game with friends, and still do.
    Rezi
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited December 14, 2017
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited December 14, 2017
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited December 14, 2017
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    One and a half thread about nostalgia, one and a half thread about pure toxicity. Dazz is really representing the newer players.
    Rezi
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited December 14, 2017
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    stooop you're ruining my vision of a wonderful dazzy
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    not like what I'm saying is wrong, but ok I'll just delete everythin >.> not in the mood to keep discussin
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    "but ok I'll just delete everythin"

I said I was gonna do it... and you make fun of my english? haha u can't even read something as simple as that
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited December 14, 2017
    While this is true for most of her attacks, it all changes when regina does her RED attacks.

The problem is that the Red attack system shouldn't have needed to exist in the first place. It was better when players didn't have so much defense that non-Red attacks would be useless.

Heck, shield Evies had a better defense system than this pure stat version. At least they didn't last forever.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited December 14, 2017

It only tells people that you aren't brave enough to keep your posts even if you feel like they are stupid, and you don't like to lose in an argument because you think it's a competition. This game and most of the MMO's are not e-sport games, so top dps doesn't mean more than you put in the most effort to deal the most damage, but there is no competition in it, because there is nobody you can compare your efforts with. And you wanna compare yourself who plays this game in a serious manner every day i guess with someone who played in a serious manner back then and probably forgot a lot of things especially the boss patterns.

Like me who usually solo every raid until lv 70 when i create a low level character because they all became soloable way before Rise with all these new gears. However these raids weren't this weak on Hard Mode back then, and i'm sure i couldn't beat them at first try if their or the characters' stats didn't get nerfed (i don't know which one because i don't keep track of these changes anymore), however they still took about 25 minutes with basic low level gears. Plus i care the least about how fast i could beat them, and probably a lot of people don't care about it either because even the thought of comparing dps in an rpg is ridiculous. This is like comparing a Dark Souls beginner's time for finishing the game with an NG+7 player's speed run. You already have the top gears and you know the attack patterns, and then what? Everyone is capable of doing the same by practicing. It's not a special talent or anything. Proof of it is that always the developers are the best in their own games. Why? Because they must test every element of it countless times.

Games are games because you don't have to invest in years of effort to master them. If that was the case they couldn't be called games but professions.
    Rezi
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    LOL The Dazzling. Back in season 2 he was complaining about how he was having a hard time "beating" me and saying scythe is so lazy. He's so obsessed that he actually kept a list of OP geared people that he beat in DPS
    Rezi
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Degenerate.
    Rezi
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    This game and most of the MMO's are not e-sport games, so top dps doesn't mean more than you put in the most effort to deal the most damage, but there is no competition in it, because there is nobody you can compare your efforts with.

Proof of it is that always the developers are the best in their own games. Why? Because they must test every element of it countless times.

Games are games because you don't have to invest in years of effort to master them. If that was the case they couldn't be called games but professions.

Gotta refute these claims.

Many MMOs were designed for eSport functions, but most never got actual leagues, and the ones that did (LoL, WoW, GW2) suck as eSports. While those that could work as them, like S4 League and Vindictus, failed to get balanced appropriately over time and now they can't function as eSports simply due to developer incompetence.

Developers suck at their own games, which is why they hire other people to test them. Devs constantly show incompetence when it comes to the gameplay they designed, and often forget about content that their players have to remind them exists.

Many games are designed around investing years in them. Earlier MMOs especially required investment. But the point was that said investment had a legitimate reward, such as finding hidden side quests that no one else had, or mastering that one raid boss after people had been failing at it for months, or being the best in your profession because you had a good history of player trading high quality rather than because you sold thousands of low quality items in a market. Modern games just aren't like that.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited December 14, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    Many MMOs were designed for eSport functions, but most never got actual leagues, and the ones that did (LoL, WoW, GW2) suck as eSports. While those that could work as them, like S4 League and Vindictus, failed to get balanced appropriately over time and now they can't function as eSports simply due to developer incompetence.

I wasn't accurate. I meant MMO as MMORPG.
    Developers suck at their own games, which is why they hire other people to test them. Devs constantly show incompetence when it comes to the gameplay they designed, and often forget about content that their players have to remind them exists.

If you are the programmer, the automatic code compilation in modern game engines helps a lot in testing, so you don't need to write so many unit tests for each functionality when you can test them in almost real-time in the editor, and you're actually playing the game when you're testing pieces of code. You don't want to call the game testers every minute to test it for you.
    Many games are designed around investing years in them. Earlier MMOs especially required investment. But the point was that said investment had a legitimate reward, such as finding hidden side quests that no one else had, or mastering that one raid boss after people had been failing at it for months, or being the best in your profession because you had a good history of player trading high quality rather than because you sold thousands of low quality items in a market. Modern games just aren't like that.

Yes, but i meant it so that mastering it doesn't take years, maybe only a couple of months if you play regularly and you like the game too. For someone who hasn't played videogames before it might take a bit longer, but not much. It's like riding a bicycle. It's not complicated or difficult anymore once you find out how to do it.

However videogames need the least muscle coordination and the least use of muscle memory, because you don't need to push the keys harder or more softly to perform the desired action and you don't have to do any kind of tricks with them, so it's pretty easy for a human to master them. Wonder how we could play on an NES as a child without the need for special skills and how we could complete levels in a game that seemed so impossible to do? All games are simple memory tests, nothing more. Some may invest more time and some may invest less time in them.

The problem nowadays is when people despise others because they know a game less than them. This is so f**ed up in my opinion.
    clickhere
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    a part of me likes the drama e.e and the other part is like nooooo dazzy

It only tells people that you aren't brave enough to keep your posts even if you feel like they are stupid, and you don't like to lose in an argument because you think it's a competition. This game and most of the MMO's are not e-sport games, so top dps doesn't mean more than you put in the most effort to deal the most damage, but there is no competition in it, because there is nobody you can compare your efforts with. And you wanna compare yourself who plays this game in a serious manner every day i guess with someone who played in a serious manner back then and probably forgot a lot of things especially the boss patterns.

Like me who usually solo every raid until lv 70 when i create a low level character because they all became soloable way before Rise with all these new gears. However these raids weren't this weak on Hard Mode back then, and i'm sure i couldn't beat them at first try if their or the characters' stats didn't get nerfed (i don't know which one because i don't keep track of these changes anymore), however they still took about 25 minutes with basic low level gears. Plus i care the least about how fast i could beat them, and probably a lot of people don't care about it either because even the thought of comparing dps in an rpg is ridiculous. This is like comparing a Dark Souls beginner's time for finishing the game with an NG+7 player's speed run. You already have the top gears and you know the attack patterns, and then what? Everyone is capable of doing the same by practicing. It's not a special talent or anything. Proof of it is that always the developers are the best in their own games. Why? Because they must test every element of it countless times.

But it was in response to what I said. D: I don't think it meant those things.
  • SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605
    I remember when this game was as hard as dark souls. Now is as hard as a DMC/Bayoneta game, we live in such sad times
    Rezi
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited December 14, 2017
    I’m sorry :( I don’t feel like riding ur wall of text XD too lazy for that.

I could read the part where u said I lost argument? Man I’ve lost pleeeenty and I leave the comments there XD ... the only reason I delete these ones is cuz I’m discussing with players that been playing since beta, and I know all of them are stubborn and will deny everything I say just cuz they been playing for like 5 years more than me, they think they’re superior player just cuz Of that but it’s fine... also yeah Vallesti :3 u were one of the hardest for me to beat... then I got better and... +cold yeah gonna leave it a that.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Reading* lol