[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arisha Second Weapon Live Testing

MikomiMikomi
Vindictus Rep: 1,245
in Future Content

Thank you to Betrayed for showing me!
CascaPrototypemindAxxon

Comments

• CascaCasca
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited December 6, 2017
    All the animations are so disappointing...Especially the holding skill. They could at least add flashier effects to the attacks.

Here are all here skills along with gifs:
    inven.co.kr/board/heroes/3947/101388?p=2
  • CascaCasca
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited December 6, 2017
    Here is a Lugh run. Hold skill is at 10:25 in the video.

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Feels as rushed as Tiede, but at least there's some potential there if they go back and rework it to require actual mechanics, stacks, etc. Sad.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited December 6, 2017
    Oh good lord, it's just her sword in whip form, but with even more standing in place. Her mana stance is electrifying her whip ala Dark Souls and her ultimate only uses the weapon as a taunt. I think they've outdone themselves with the complete lack of effort here.

All hail the new sandbag queen... RIP Arisha. :D
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Is Arisha using her focus with the whip in the videos? I can't seem to tell.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    No Arisha has a dedicated whip. The Castlet is only used for Mana Explosions really. The weapon is honestly harder to use than I expected. But on an interesting note ALL normal attacks are Alternating Left and Right Clicks. The damage will mainly come from the skills which are triggered in various ways. The weapon control feels very weird compared to the traditional gameplay controls so some users may not like it one bit.
    CascaStrangerinaMochiSweet
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    It's probably a little harder to make a new weapon for a character like Arisha since she has her own unique mechanic built in that only she uses (mana), and naturally they'd want it to carry over to the next weapon.

Hopefully they'll smooth out some of her animations, but all in all I'd say its leagues better than things like Tiede or Chainblades.

• XxLeBlancxXXxLeBlancxX
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    I feel like neither of these videos are actually showcasing her play style. That mouse button spam move doesn't seem like her mana blade / efficient play style. It seems to be more of an extended smash that, yes, is useful, but not what her gameplay is supposed to be based around. This video seems to show her a little bit more. When she activates mana blade, she's empowering her attacks and is still moving around. She doesn't even use that same right click hold ability once.
    SlothPrincess
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    I MAY be streaming it tonight with some thorough explanations. Depends on when I finish updating my translations. I'm doing as much as I can on that so I have some solid info xD
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    They copy and pasted SpellSword, put a whip in her hand, added a couple abilities and said here y’all go! Girl bye... this is tragic.
    Niburu
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    I hope the next character after Miri uses cannon/gun or some sort of long range
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Annaz wrote: »
    They copy and pasted SpellSword, put a whip in her hand, added a couple abilities and said here y’all go! Girl bye... this is tragic.

Lol well technically Hammer Fiona is in the same boat if you really think about it but controls differently. Whip is in the exact same issue. Except whip is harder to use than Spellsword. Whip controls are on an entirely different scale. You also can't use the Castlet in the same manner as the Spellsword. So yeah at looks....it looks copy and paste....but when you actually use the whip. it's painfully hard at first.
    ReziMochiSweet
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited December 7, 2017
    And I STILL believe that Delia should have gotten this. It seems the correct way to play Whip is to be mobile, sprinting and dodging all over the place, and that's exactly what Delia does.

I guess it doesn't matter now that Miri's released, though. Dragonspine makes both the Delia and the Whip playstyles irrelevant since it does the same things better than they do (even Dragonspine's whip-like AoE is better than Whip's anything, which sucks when you realize the Whip is more suited to mob groups than boss encounters, while Dragonspine's whip AoE can even take bosses down easily).

However, I will admit I was wrong about how the whip would play. It certainly does play like Ivy in SC, being slow and calculated, but that's to its detriment in Vindi since its slowness makes it boring.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Annaz wrote: »

ure a dude pretending to be a girl
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited December 7, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    However, I will admit I was wrong about how the whip would play. It certainly does play like Ivy in SC, being slow and calculated, but that's to its detriment in Vindi since its slowness makes it boring.

Indeed it does play like Ivy (I'm honestly fond of that even though I only tested it for 20 minutes since I was on a tight schedule between translating ingame and working). Which brings me to my favorite saying of My translations are completed and I will be streaming soon. For those that can't make it I will link the VOD here in the thread.

Edit: forgot to link this https://www.twitch.tv/dragonblade_901
    Rezi
  • ReziRezi
    edited December 7, 2017
    @탱크블레이드

Do you think you could test her in the Abyssal Arena? I feel that would be a far better indication of her ability than solo Glas.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited December 8, 2017
    @탱크블레이드

Do you think you could test her in the Abyssal Arena? I feel that would be a far better indication of her ability than solo Glas.

Actually I never thought of that. I'll probably do that this weekend. What I may do is spend some downtime learning the weapon at a better term since i went in blind. The weapon is just.....It's hard to get used to. But here's a somewhat okay overview in the short stream for those that missed it. I was gonna go through and iron the details on the weapon but until it hits Live Server I will hold off since DevCAT have a lot of things to fix. So the details in the skills will 100% change in due time. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207679533
    Rezi
  • ReziRezi
    edited December 8, 2017
    Going in blind... True. But as we both noticed, it's Ivy's style, so at least you weren't completely blind. I did notice that you often pressed keys too quickly - I could hear that in the background; it seems tough adjusting APM back and forth (slow whip combo, fast whip combo, slow whip combo, fast whip combo, GUH).

Also I'm wondering about that block projectile attack. Did you have to press ASD all at the same time, and then quickly or delay press LC? Like, what was the trick?

Is there anything even redeemable about the Whip? It just really seems like Miri's dragon gauge and Vella's chains both do this better. In particular distance and attack speed (the Whip's distance is terrible on most attacks, and it feels like you'd have to make a max height character to get true mid-range, while Atk Spd looks like a vital stat since the Whip is so slow); on the latter, have you had much success with skill canceling?

It just super feels like it was a bad idea to put this on Arisha. Even ignoring character preference for a second, they tried too hard to keep Arisha's control scheme by making the Whip left-click heavy - as you said yourself, how hard would it have been for them to just make the block projectile activate through a simple RC? They should detach the Whip's controls from the spellsword, or at least grant some variation by having certain skills activate through multiple control combinations.

But perhaps I have this wrong and there's some kind of secret to maximizing the Whip's gameplay. I look forward to your future videos on this, and thanks for everything so far!
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Going in blind... True. But as we both noticed, it's Ivy's style, so at least you weren't completely blind. I did notice that you often pressed keys too quickly - I could hear that in the background; it seems tough adjusting APM back and forth (slow whip combo, fast whip combo, slow whip combo, fast whip combo, GUH).

Also I'm wondering about that block projectile attack. Did you have to press ASD all at the same time, and then quickly or delay press LC? Like, what was the trick?

Is there anything even redeemable about the Whip? It just really seems like Miri's dragon gauge and Vella's chains both do this better. In particular distance and attack speed (the Whip's distance is terrible on most attacks, and it feels like you'd have to make a max height character to get true mid-range, while Atk Spd looks like a vital stat since the Whip is so slow); on the latter, have you had much success with skill canceling?

It just super feels like it was a bad idea to put this on Arisha. Even ignoring character preference for a second, they tried too hard to keep Arisha's control scheme by making the Whip left-click heavy - as you said yourself, how hard would it have been for them to just make the block projectile activate through a simple RC? They should detach the Whip's controls from the spellsword, or at least grant some variation by having certain skills activate through multiple control combinations.

But perhaps I have this wrong and there's some kind of secret to maximizing the Whip's gameplay. I look forward to your future videos on this, and thanks for everything so far!

Mana Agrement (block counter) was A S D LC (normal damagr) or RC (Enhanced Damage at the cost of SP).

In terms of its current state no there isnt anything super redeeming. They need to polish the control system for this to work fluidly. Otherwise this weapon will be the least fluid weapon to date in its current state (especially when other kr players for way more bugs than i did).

It does feel like they slapped everything together without actually quality testing before the final test phase. But yeah once the weapon hits live i will look further into it if any changes do happen and keep you all posted.

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    "It does feel like they slapped everything together without actually quality testing before the final test phase. "

This feel a lot like most updates Vindi been shoving out a lot lately (cough cough..RISE update...cough cough)

Guess they could have made it too similar to Vella chain blades which are kinda like whips