[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arisha's Whip.

Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
Vindictus Rep: 1,355
edited December 4, 2017 in General Discussion
As a Long time Nina/Ivy player I'm going to love this, and I think Arisha with her really High Mobility, is the perfect Character for this weapon. Would love to see Vindi II or something this game so deserves a relaunch/ Rebirth. And Rise which I think was intended to do that was a huge mistake IMHO; and if it was meant to draw in new players, Im pretty sure thats a demonstrable total fail by now.

Still can't wait to get that Whip in my hands and see how it compares to Ms Valentines weapon of choice. : )

The Video is utterly wicked Enjoy. : )
Zeroheart

Comments

• ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited December 4, 2017
    Dangit, I really wanted Delia, with her natural acrobatics and lithe movements, who is already a mid-range melee character, to get this. ):

I guess I'll have to deal with standing around all day teleporting from spot to spot without any momentum in my swings while checking my nails as my magic fights for me.

Seriously, why did Ms. Rubberband get this?
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    Well, guess we'll have to wait for some gameplay video to see what skills have been developed for Arisha. Any other ideas on what/when Delia's 2nd comes out as?
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Well, guess we'll have to wait for some gameplay video to see what skills have been developed for Arisha. Any other ideas on what/when Delia's 2nd comes out as?

I would like Delia to have lance or rapier. Lance match her 2 handed combat style, and rapier is a "classy" weapon that match her royalty origin.
    Blackbirdx61iMiniDubDee
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615

I would like Delia to have lance or rapier. Lance match her 2 handed combat style, and rapier is a "classy" weapon that match her royalty origin.

if they pull a "teide" with delia she might get a karaoke mic as her 2nd weapon
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    The whip in the video does not look like it could kill a person let alone a dragon or elf queen. I mean I guess she could strangle Succubus with it but how would she kill for example Havan. I really hope her whips have lots of sharp edges.
    Annaz wrote: »
    The whip in the video does not look like it could kill a person let alone a dragon or elf queen. I mean I guess she could strangle Succubus with it but how would she kill for example Havan. I really hope her whips have lots of sharp edges.

Well thats what it looks like to me, Why I was thinking of Ivy Valentines Whip from SoulCalibur.
    333?cb=20080206045834
    And that could be a devastating 1v1 weapon. I think it could be set up for a Variety of Bleeds and Binds more of a CC weapon than her sword.
    If they pull a "teide" with delia she might get a karaoke mic as her 2nd weapon

Only if her singing voice is anything like my own. : )

• AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Ivy has a sword that just so happens to break up into a whip. Arisha just has a straight up whip. I guess I will count on her magical powers to harm the enemy’s because a whip sure as hell isnt going to kill anyone unless she’s strangling someone with it.
  • DubDeeDubDee
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    if they pull a "teide" with delia she might get a karaoke mic as her 2nd weapon

Someone's been playing a lot of FateGO
  • XxLeBlancxXXxLeBlancxX
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    Keep in mind she's a mage (obviously) so I'm expecting a lot of magic to go into her kit. Maybe conjuring a large fireball with the whip and slashing it at an enemy or maybe some sort of elemental magic buff she can put on it to burn/freeze enemies. Who knows! I doubt it'll just be a plain whip with no magical flair.
  • ReziRezi
    edited December 5, 2017

Lynn already uses both a lance and a rapier-style umbrella. If you want lance/rapier, play Lynn. Stop suggesting a weapon that already exists.

Since Delia didn't get the whip she so rightfully deserved, perhaps she'll get a leg-active martial arts instead, like the two-hoop (chakram) dancing style.

aPLD90q.png
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870

Rezi wrote: »

aPLD90q.png

mfw when chainblades.

Btw don't forget Sylas.. He still exists and deserves a second weapon :'(
  • ReziRezi
    KenshinX wrote: »
    Btw don't forget Sylas.. He still exists and deserves a second weapon :'(

Now I kind of want Sylas to be the dancer...

And did you mean chainblades like this:

UBfCrmr.jpg

or like this:

3dp_Chainsword_imperial.jpg
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited December 6, 2017

Lynn already uses both a lance and a rapier-style umbrella. If you want lance/rapier, play Lynn. Stop suggesting a weapon that already exists.

Since Delia didn't get the whip she so rightfully deserved, perhaps she'll get a leg-active martial arts instead, like the two-hoop (chakram) dancing style.

aPLD90q.png

I don't think a Rapier or a Lance work like Blute, but whatever float your boat.
  • ReziRezi
    edited December 6, 2017
    Have you never seen fencing before? It's a bunch of quick lunges and slashes, and even her stances with Blute are fencing stances:

• RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    2017-12-14, Kr test server release i'm going to assume
    edited December 6, 2017
    Annaz wrote: »
    Ivy has a sword that just so happens to break up into a whip. Arisha just has a straight up whip. I guess I will count on her magical powers to harm the enemy’s because a whip sure as hell isnt going to kill anyone unless she’s strangling someone with it.

I tend to disagree, in that the whip we see is lined with teeth, ala Ivy's whip sword, I expect we'll see alot of slashes, cuts and bleeds, a real flexable chainsaw. I expect 'Risha will be carving uglies into cubes with that thing.

And not to be too difficult, cause I'm not much of a lore guy, but the creation of the whip sword was a pretty fair chunk of Ivy's lore; not really something that just happened to be, and the whip aspect was really primary, sword form was pretty limited, besides one hammering KD I used to love. Any how time will tell but I am very much looking forward to a peek at the skill tree.

@Rav, TY for the video link, she looks good.

@Rezi, Thank for the video link,
    Day might not be familiar with Lynn, and or her 2nd weapon. No need to dis someone about a game thing. None of this is of any great consequence, its a passtime, its about having some fun. A million game gold and 3bucks will still get you one cup of coffee.

• ReziRezi
    I actually figured they were familiar with Lynn but not with fencing. Most fencing shown in works of fiction make it look like light taps on the ends and endless ripostes, when in truth it's a lot more wild with a focus on offence (fencers wait for an opening then go combo crazy lunging and slashing as quickly and violently as possible, in order to increase the chance of a hit, much like with Blute).

As for whips, I'd have to say that Arisha's whip very likely won't be like Ivy's. Ivy was my favorite SC character, so I know her playstyle well - sword form for general attacks, while whip is more for trapping and controlling an enemy, dominating them; unfortunately, this requires patience and concentration, as it's difficult to trap enemies with the whip and the playstyle is overall very slow.

Compare that to Vindi, where attack speed and wild combo attacks are the norm. Ivy's style is too careful, too calculated for Vindictus, so I highly doubt they'll function similarly.
  • RozelliaDuboisRozelliaDubois
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    You came off hostile af'^

ANWAY.

i ship delia microphone
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Test Server stream is up in Future Content for those who want to see.
    edited December 7, 2017
    I actually figured they were familiar with Lynn but not with fencing. Most fencing shown in works of fiction make it look like light taps on the ends and endless ripostes, when in truth it's a lot more wild with a focus on offence (fencers wait for an opening then go combo crazy lunging and slashing as quickly and violently as possible, in order to increase the chance of a hit, much like with Blute).

Have to defer to you there, the only "experience" I have with Fencing is with Raphael, but as I recall while very linear he was very aggressive.
    Compare that to Vindi, where attack speed and wild combo attacks are the norm. Ivy's style is too careful, too calculated for Vindictus, so I highly doubt they'll function similarly.

You may well be right, My experience with Vindi is still pretty limited, but I've seen nothing yet like the condition builds you see in other games. Still I can't help but think all those little blades in the game art for the whip must inform us of something of the play we are going to get from the whip. Looking forward to seeing how this will all play out.
    Rezi