[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Poll]Most Charming Part of this Game?

sabersatensabersaten
Vindictus Rep: 1,440
in General Discussion
Pick one of the following:

1. Gameplay: Gearing, Mechanics, Leveling, glitches?
2. Story and Settings: Relations to Mabinogi
3. The Heroes: Character Appeal/Customization , fan creations ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want to know how many people pick character's sex appeal over gameplay ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , but anyway...
feel free to elaborate, I feel like most of you have answered in another thread but i want to tally the result here.
  1. What's the strength of this game over many others you've played?112 votes
    1. Gameplay
       68% (76 votes)
    2. Story/Setting
       3% (3 votes)
    3. The Heroes
       19% (21 votes)
    4. Nexon and their Awesome staff
       3% (3 votes)
    5. Other (I try to be inclusive)
       8% (9 votes)

Comments

• uncledolanuncledolan
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    sabersaten

I want to know how many people pick character's sex appeal over gameplay ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .
    +1
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    As much as I love the story, although S2 was a bit awry (why did we stop Iset anyway) and as much as I love the sex appeal from all the characters (still no butt slider), the gameplay is going to be the thing that keeps me playing the most.
  • ArthyenArthyen
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    edited November 9, 2016
    It is all about the gameplay for me, especially as Karok. ;)
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    best combat mechanic hands down
  • KuaidianKuaidian
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    0 votes on story + nexon staff.. Lul
    daws360
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Combat all day, though Fashiondictus has its appeal as well.
  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    It was surprisingly hard to pick any of those options.

Gameplay is serviceable yes... But the restrictions prevent you from truly enjoying the more interesting content at your leisure.

Story? What story... Oh! You mean those clicking and walking simulators I'm forced to slog through every now and then? Yea those suck.

Heroes are pretty generic IMO and it really doesn't take much before everyone starts looking the same in their 2 tone color schemes.

Nexon and their staff... Can't say I know much about any of them to make a fair assessment. Customer support as a whole though has been atrocious in the past.

The only thing I'm left with is.. well.. The people I've met playing this game. They are the Only reason I log in nowadays. As more and more of my old friends move on I have less and less reason to play this game.

AequipondiumPixelPantsudaws360
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    My body was confused over picking Lann The Heroes or the Gameplay ...
    In the end, I chose Gameplay. No amount of abs can keep me satisfied if there's bad gameplay ...

Plus, those game glitches are the best part of this game. +haha
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Gameplay, always
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited November 9, 2016
    Gameplay
  • KuzmaKuzma
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    TheGreatCreidne
  • ShizukaaShizukaa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Combat, fashion and most importantly, the people O//O
    Yes, there are many special people here that keep me coming back :>
    TheGreatCreidne
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Fashion, my dude.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited November 10, 2016
    This game is a crappy MMO that has really really good combat. It has to be gameplay.

The story is quite literally forgettable, as it's happened several times in the story itself. As far as the heroes themselves are concerned we don't even know much about most of them outside of their emotes and animations. They pretty much all but abandoned their quest to flesh out the backstory on each character. We know about Lann, we know a little bit about Lynn and Delia, and through Delia's backstory we know something about Karok. Sylas had a promo comic that said something about him, and we've got some stupid cryptic video that infers that Arisha is involed with the silent brotherhood or something like that.

That's about it. Every other character has a short and sweet generic story blurb about loss or something and now they have to get revenge against the fomors. I mean I guess this is fine, to be honest after the butchering of season 2 I think keeping it simple is probably the best plan.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    my vote is for the 4th ( poor Saygo, Zoltar, Drataso,... they are really good GM/CM but seems no one remember )
    The story is great if you really look into it, but have to agree that how it been expressed ingame is very bad.
    Erdgeist
  • CelticHeroCelticHero
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    edited November 10, 2016
    Gameplay, Fashion, and Music.

You forgot Music. image
  • JustFrameJustFrame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    The consistent updates, Brilliant Optimization, and of course the great P2P connections....
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Fashion, Gameplay, Music, and Story.

I am enamored by the story as cheesy as that sounds.
  • TaurusmTaurusm
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    edited November 12, 2016
    Gotta be the gameplay as there is no other F2P game out there that can really compare to Vindictus. However, there are times when I hit Season 2 and beyond where I wonder "Am I geared enough for this, or do I just need to get good?" I like to think I do okay when playing, but since I wonder if it's my gear instead of skill and the fact that obtaining gear sorta sucks drives me away from playing Vindictus, among other factors. That, and a part of me prides myself on playing on Hard Mode. Normal mode would be easier to do, but it just doesn't seem right to play on Normal...

I'm probably one of the few that actually care about the story and NPCs. Sure, some parts are amazing while others not so much (Tieve and Keaghan are nice to reflect on, especially if one has some knowledge of Mabinogi, but the presentation could have been better // Brakis and Krunk's storylines are amazing, as well even Riordan and Nel's [even if they are not likable characters] //Season 2 starts of really slow but starts getting interesting real quickly with Kean and Seanna , alongside Allyse and Enzo. // I have yet to finish Season 3 because of my problem of gear versus skill as stated above.), but I'm also a story guy when playing video games so I am biased in this regard.

I honestly want to know more about the story, especially that of Season 3 and beyond. I remember hearing meeting Iset for something, I wonder what the people who remember are doing, what is the mystery of the time resets, and so on. What is under Maerc's helmet? Can we kill Gallagher? What does Nyle actually look like? Is Emma's child a hint at a future city hub? I could ramble about the lore of Vindictus all day because it is interesting to me.

Then there's also the amazing music for Vindictus, and the classic Vindi Fashion simulator. Vindictus is fun, it's good, but the gearing, poor optimization, and the monetization puts me off. I could probably write an entire essay on how I would improve Vindictus, but I doubt anyone (especially the developers who probably don't understand English) would consider it seriously so I don't. I love Vindi, but there are too many glaring issues that I cannot ignore so instead I end up playing other games.
  • YoppiYoppi
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    As with the majority of the votes: gameplay.

I have yet to play any other game (and that includes games that have to be purchased) with the fluidity of the combat mechanics offered here. This is just about the best Hack and Slash game I know.

"Gameplay" isn't limited to combat mechanics, though. The quests/quest objectives, player interactions (your decisions never impact the course of the story), and overall experience (everything is instanced) pales in comparison. Everything aside from combat and vanity has much to be desired.