[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thoughts on the server merge?

Comments

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I thought this needed to happen for a long time tbh. I'm curious to see how it will effect the economy for the first month or 2 as well as the nx shop. More players is always more fun, I look forward to seeing all the west and aus players +best :)
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited October 16, 2017
    Saygo wrote: »
    Q: What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?

A: In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker. All other characters with that name will have "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front of their name. They will also be granted a free Name Change Coupon, so that they can select a new name at their leisure.

AFK time...

EDIT:
    Additionally, it says that if we end up having more than 20 characters after the merge, we will retain access to all of them...are they doing away with the character selection screen or...what would a screen with 60 characters look like? I don't think I've ever seen 60 characters on the same screen before - even during big GM events or Lann/Vella bot gatherings on the docks.
    AndromedaGM
  • RUKSTAHRUKSTAH
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    just putting this out there. urelated of course. But wouldnt it be great to have the OPTION to host 4 man and 8 man raids?? since the merge is happening anyway?? same goes with normal missions as well, just saying
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    edited October 16, 2017
    If this is what they have been working on, then i can forgive the lack of effort on this years events thus far. But this is something the players have been telling them to do for the last 3 years.
    Abaddan wrote: »
    I thought this needed to happen for a long time tbh. I'm curious to see how it will effect the economy for the first month or 2 as well as the nx shop. More players is always more fun, I look forward to seeing all the west and aus players +best :)

NX shop needs price reductions big time. Im not afraid or unwilling to spend money on Vindi. But they need to show me something that is worth it. Games with popularity as low as this...everything should be literally half the cost of what it is now if they expect non-whales to buy anything.

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Not when am here
    Cant wait to finally see whos better between east and west pvp. Who shall have take the win home :^)

West. EZ

I'm da best Arisha PvP by far >:I I can 1 v 10000 all Easties ez >:I
    AndromedaGM7th_SisterFuriel
  • InnoyInnoy
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    Soooo happy. Should of been done long long ago, the market will have way more items that is drastically needs.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I don't play either of these servers, so I can't tell from myself, but guess some people will suffer from distance-lag and economy differences.

For EU they should get back license to publish in some countries that were dropped as time passed, especially with service migration.
    DrachusFurielPhoebeHalliwel
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Order5 wrote: »
    Saygo wrote: »
    Q: What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?

A: In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker. All other characters with that name will have "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front of their name. They will also be granted a free Name Change Coupon, so that they can select a new name at their leisure.

AFK time...

EDIT:
    Additionally, it says that if we end up having more than 20 characters after the merge, we will retain access to all of them...are they doing away with the character selection screen or...what would a screen with 60 characters look like? I don't think I've ever seen 60 characters on the same screen before - even during big GM events or Lann/Vella bot gatherings on the docks.

Not gonna be on same screen, next set will just go to next tab and you will see them taking respective spot similar to first set.
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    edited October 17, 2017
    You have to ask, 'why now?' What has happened that set a fire under the chairs of Nexon's decision makers to make them okay this merge now? Server costs are fairly cheap but if you don't have to pay for those servers (AU and EAST), you get to keep that money. Why would you want to keep that money? Your game isn't making enough money. What happens to mmos that don't make enough money? Go ahead. Guess! It's like a fun game of 'Obvious Answer'.

What are the possible consequences of a mass server merge to one server at 1 location in the US if you very unfortunately don't live near to the server (everyone on the east coast and everyone in Australia)? Go ahead! Take a swing at that one. Its and easy one.

Yep! Lag. Really bad lag that makes playing the game unbearable and unfun. If AU players struggle to play because of lag and east coast servers struggle to play because of lag, how long will they stay and keep playing? They could solo grind alone in an mmo without lag, but join any party or host one?

When they leave, how many players that actually spend money on the game will be left? How does that number compare to the number of paying players that existed pre-Rise update? Which was higher? The one with more overall players, or the one were the servers were merged into one and a large portion quit the game?

I really don't understand why anyone would think this is a good thing. If anything, its a telling sign. One were you have to consider how worth it is to invest any more time into this game because it could all be gone soon. What does Nexon do next when there are no more servers to merge?

Part of me is happy I chose to start on the West server all those years ago. The other part of me that's been playing mmos since 2001 is weary of server merges. Most especially when they are all combined into 1.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Kradness wrote: »
    As an AU player I'm kind of skeptical about this move.. i mean its great that we will all be on one server and with a higher player base there will be a higher supply for things you want. However when this move happens people from AU will have nothing compared to west/east. We have no money over here. Whilst things are cheaper in AU once we jump over it'll be harder to stabilize our money (if it is as inflated as i heard it was) and it will definitely take a while for us to settle in with those prices.

Anyhow bring on the lag and hopefully there wont be any 1 bar connection discrimination...

Sorry to tell you East isn't that great when it come to people one barring. Trust me it wont be a fix to a one bar issue. You'll find those few player that'll ask to host for you. But 95% of the time you'll just get a jerk off telling you to never host again and leave you in the middle of battle and you'll be lucky if no one leaves with them.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Inflation of Egos, decrease of gold, increase in lag, hey but maybe I'll actually beable to get on a Neam boat! +best
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I'm looking forward to it, but I feel bad for WEST and AU that has to deal with EAST's mp prices ;v;7
  • llWoodsllllWoodsll
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    RUKSTAH wrote: »
    just putting this out there. urelated of course. But wouldnt it be great to have the OPTION to host 4 man and 8 man raids?? since the merge is happening anyway?? same goes with normal missions as well, just saying

^ i liked playing with more people..
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Not when am here
    Cant wait to finally see whos better between east and west pvp. Who shall have take the win home :^)

West. EZ

Not when am here

West. EZ

Quote me, I can beat anyone with a lvl1 Bow, pm me if your up for the challenge
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    -sighs-
    More people to block. :#
    Anthonytonyboy
  • iEatEverythingiEatEverything
    Vindictus Rep: 1,220
    Not when am here

West. EZ

Not when am here

West. EZ

arrow is good at pvp, but i still rekt him in pvp every time -SaIamander-
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited October 17, 2017
    In all seriousness, for once nexon doing something right, not many negative side affects with this merge
    Anthonytonyboy
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited October 17, 2017
    Not when am here

West. EZ

Not when am here

West. EZ

arrow is good at pvp, but i still rekt him in pvp every time -SaIamander-

I kept on saying don't react to the forum trolls Arrow, but fk it I can post a pic of me and salamander pvping and I get 20-0 on him if you want.
  • LaxusDragSlayerLaxusDragSlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    can't wait! it kept feeling like the East Server was empty +shy
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Merging three dead servers does not an active game make.