[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[OFFICIAL] Dullahan Speedrun Team Registration

vgfan100vgfan100
Vindictus Rep: 2,085
edited October 18, 2017 in General Discussion
Ae4tEtt.png

This thread is reserved for team registration for the Dullahan Speedrun Tournament. If you want to discuss about the tournament itself, please post in the Official 2017 Vindictus Halloween Party thread.

To register for this event, follow these steps in order (if you already have your Twitch channel setup, skip to Step 5):

1. Download a streaming app such as OBS, Xsplit, etc.
  2. Under “Settings” in OBS, choose “Stream” and enter your stream key from Twitch. Select Twitch as your service. Be sure the server you select is the closest to your location. I'm not sure where the settings are for XSplit, but I'm sure it's very similar.
  3. Set the bitrate at a level that is appropriate for your Internet connection under “Output.” The bitrate should be around 2000 to 3000 mbps.
  4. Under “Video,” set the output resolution to “1280x720”
  5. Download LiveSplit and set a hotkey to Start/Stop the timer. My recommendation would be to use either the F1, F4, or CapsLock button.
  6. Create a scene that capture Vindictus and LiveSplit (please no webcams, background music, alerts, or chat boxes for this event). My recommendation would be to place the LiveSplit timer somewhere where there is empty space. An example in this UI setup would be between the Quickslot bar and the bottom of the Chat box.

p5lojS5.jpg

7. Submit a Twitch highlight of yourself fighting Dullahan with LiveSplit, starting the timer when Dullahan’s HP bar appears and stopping the timer when Dullahan’s HP bar reaches 0.
  8. Are you interested in participating? Let one of the streamers who submitted their highlights know that you are interested in joining their team.
  9. Streamers, edit your submission post to include the other teammates’ IGNs and character classes. (See below for an example submission). Please review the rules for the tournament before finalizing your teams.

Ng9jcfO.png

The deadline to register your team for the tournament is as follows:

East: Saturday, 10/14/2017 @ 12:00AM EST
Pacific: Friday, 10/13/2017 @ 9:00PM EST
Europe: Saturday,10/14/2017 @ 6:00AM EST
Australia: Saturday, 10/14/2017 @ 2:00PM EST

Four players must be in the submission in order for the team to be considered for the tournament. Incomplete teams will not be allowed to participate.

0spUsZ3.png

Team Name: Vindictus Speedrunners [East]

Vgfan100 - Sword Lann
Player 2 (This will be replaced with another player’s IGN and character class)
Player 3 (This will be replaced with another player’s IGN and character class)
Player 4 (This will be replaced with another player’s IGN and character class)

Highlight: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161029703

Current Teams:

1. Not Fast, Just Furious [EU]
i. NeIiel - Twin Sword Vella
ii. MissBrightside - Arisha
iii. Leucosie - Long Sword Fiona
iv. TheEvilEnderman - Xgun Kai

Twitch highlight : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181027850

2. Forever Alone [East]
i. NomNomNom - Delia
ii. XiaoMaou - Vella Staffie Support
iii.
iv.

(This team is not complete, and if we can get two more players to join by Friday, that would be great!)

3. Team Name: iw2d [Aus]
i. Blight - Sword Vella
ii. Zulrah - Sword Fiona
iii. Tewi - Staff Evie
iv. Derpaderp - Xgun Kai

Highlight: https://go.twitch.tv/videos/182149338

Solo Runners:
1. Snowflake2
2. lJennyl
SirRFIkendang

Comments

• vgfan100vgfan100
    Please keep this thread to submissions only. If you want to talk about the tournament, please do so in the official Halloween Party thread located in the original post. Thank you! :)
  • CuteeCutee
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    edited October 9, 2017
    i hope i sign up on the good place so
    team name:
    Not Fast, Just Furious [EU]

NeIiel - Twin Sword Vella
    MissBrightside - Arisha
    Leucosie - Long Sword Fiona
    TheEvilEnderman - Xgun Kai

twitch highlight : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181027850
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Cutee wrote: »
    i hope i sign up on the good place so
    team name:
    Not Fast, Just Furious [EU]

MissBrightside - Arisha

Yep! You got everything correct except a link to your Twitch highlight. Just show yourself fighting Dullahan with LiveSplit, and your team's good to go! :)

• CuteeCutee
    vgfan100 wrote: »

Yep! You got everything correct except a link to your Twitch highlight. Just show yourself fighting Dullahan with LiveSplit, and your team's good to go! :)

Edited hope now its perfect +yes
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited October 3, 2017
    Edited hope now its perfect +yes

Almost perfect. You linked your channel (which is fine since it's helps me out) but not the highlight itself. Highlights can be made by going into your Past Broadcast page for your channel, clicking the down arrow that says "More," and selecting "Create Highlight." Hope that helps. :)
  • iEatEverythingiEatEverything
    Vindictus Rep: 1,220
    edited October 4, 2017
    team name: Forever Alone
    server: East

NomNomNom - Delia
    XiaoMaou - Vella Staffie Support
    N/A
    N/A

P.S. LF for members
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited October 4, 2017
    I volunteer as tribute/victim/leech to Join Nom's team.
    [EAST]
    XiaoMaou
    LV95 Evie (Staffie)
    I can heal and shoot laser!
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    team name: Forever Alone
    server: East

NomNomNom - Delia
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A

P.S. LF for members
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    I volunteer as tribute/victim/leech to Join Nom's team.
    [EAST]
    XiaoMaou
    LV95 Evie (Staffie)
    I can heal and shoot laser!

Yay! More teams! Like I said for Cutee, if you can confirm that you can stream your run on Twitch by linking a highlight with LiveSplit, that will help me a lot! Thanks! :)
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    MissBrightside - Arisha
    tumblr_n1y25kAhLF1rosb88o1_500.gif
    GL beating that team anyone who applies! lol
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited October 5, 2017
    Kid, you put me up twice on Nom's team
    Also Nom can you host? and accept this evie as tribute?
  • CuteeCutee
    AHHHHHH. finally realised, so we gotta record it before and just highlight the run with what we would like to apply, and that will be streamed by you at the event time ? lul i thought its gonna be a epic live clash with more teams, good, we gonna record a few more runs and ill post a highlight before 14th of our best run +yes sorry for my misunderstandings e.e
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited October 7, 2017
    AHHHHHH. finally realised, so we gotta record it before and just highlight the run with what we would like to apply, and that will be streamed by you at the event time ? lul i thought its gonna be a epic live clash with more teams, good, we gonna record a few more runs and ill post a highlight before 14th of our best run +yes sorry for my misunderstandings e.e

No, that's not how it works.

"Note: The submission of your full run is not what will be used for the actual event. This is to prove that you can stream the run, and this helps me set up your team's run along with other players in real time (or with the Twitch delay xD). Here’s an example of what I’m going for except the timer will be exclusive to each team's run: A Link to the Past 4-Player Speedrun"

"Be sure that if you are going to stream your team’s run that you will be able to attend the party. Otherwise, your team will be disqualified. The more teams we have, the more exciting this event will be!"

"The order for which team goes when will be randomized. I will post the order shortly after the cutoff time for team registration so your team can plan. The races will take place from 6:00PM to however long it takes depending on how many teams we have. Four teams will run at the same time. Be sure all team members are ready to go. If a member of your party is missing when your team is up for the run, the team will have to do the speedrun with less players, which will put the group at a significant disadvantage."
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    There don't appear to be 2 full teams yet even. Not sure how this will play along. PRIZES

• vgfan100vgfan100
    edited October 8, 2017
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Kid, you put me up twice on Nom's team
    Also Nom can you host? and accept this evie as tribute?

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

What Mainichi quoted is correct. Basically, the highlight is not what is going to be shown on stream. It is for me to know that you are capable of streaming on the 21st when it is time for your team to compete. I hope this clears up any confusion. :)

Regarding the prizes for Dullahan, I have reached out to Saygo. If push comes to shove, we can either have prizes provided that Saygo responds, do this event for fun (no prizes) or don't do it at all. I would prefer the first option with option 2 as a back-up, but we'll see how many teams we have by the end of this week. If we have only two teams, then I can just feature the two teams separately on stream. Spread the word in-game too since most players don't read the forums apparently. xD
  • CuteeCutee
    OH aight, ill make a highlight today of the daily practice where ill try not to fuq up the timer and ill link it here, hopefully ppl will sub up here, dont want all the effort be in vain :(
  • CuteeCutee
    Edited the main post, highlight is there now +yes
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Edited the main post, highlight is there now +yes

Excellent! The timer can be bigger, but that's exactly what we're going for. Your team is now officially registered for the event! Good luck on Oct. 21st. :)

• CuteeCutee
    vgfan100 wrote: »

Excellent! The timer can be bigger, but that's exactly what we're going for. Your team is now officially registered for the event! Good luck on Oct. 21st. :)

Thanks a bunch, will keep in mind the timer scale +yes hopefully there will be more teams though
  • BlyatBlyat
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    edited October 14, 2017
    Uh, I realise this is kinda late (also the deadline times were kinda confusing), but as only one full team is signed up I hope you'll let us join.

Team Name: iw2d [Aus]

Blight - Sword Vella
    Zulrah - Sword Fiona
    Tewi - Staff Evie
    Derpaderp - Xgun Kai

Highlight: https://go.twitch.tv/videos/182149338
    Please note that the majority of Aus has garbage internet, us included (0.8 Mbps). So there is no way we can match a "2000 to 3000" bit-rate. We are trying to work out something better for the actual day but no guarantees.
  • kendangkendang
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    i will Solo for West
    Ign: lJennyl
    :D