[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Desert Contract Preview

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
in Official News
In October of 2010, Vindictus was released, setting off a seven year journey filled with new characters, new threats and new outfits, complete with ever-shortening skirts. On September 27th, our next update arrives with a new special battle, new features and a series of special events and sales to celebrate Vindictus' 7th anniversary!

h5VsdZG.jpg

New Special Battle: Desert Contract

We'll have a new Special Battle for you this month, as Commander Ikrium and Raiding Party Captain Larken join forces to tear the heroes of Vindictus apart!

desert-contract-bosses.jpg

Battle against the duo as they use their powerful array of ranged and melee attacks to keep their foes off-balance. Strike them down and claim your rewards, including Abomination's Essence, Eochaid's Essence, Dullahan's Essence and more! You can complete this special dungeon once per day until our next update.

Goddess' Guidance

goddess-guidance.jpg

Season 3 is filled with cunning foes, powerful monsters, lethal challenges for all who step towards Ben Chenner. In order to help mercenaries get a handle on the challenges in Season 3's raid battles, the Desert Contract update will come with a special Buff called Goddess' Guidance. This buff will grant large boosts to ATT, M.ATT, DEF and Additional Damage, but only for the first time they complete each Raid battle's story mission, plus the first 10 completions of the repeatable raid battles.

7th Anniversary is Almost Here

October marks 7 years of Vindictus, featuring countless monsters slain, weapons crafted, missions completed and breastplates torn to shreds. We're not ones to let our anniversaries go without comment, and we'll be hitting hard with new sales and events for the month!

7th-anniv-sales.jpg

We have multiple new packages coming for you, with cosmetic updates, dyes, runes, Limited outfits, something for everyone... including a special coupon that you can exchange for some special items, including Fallen Angel Wings!

7th-anniv-event.jpg

Sales aren't the only thing that will be coming, however. We'll have giveaways, a powerful artifact you can enhance you can enhance as the month of October rolls around, and even a special Ultimate Objective Event to celebrate 7 years of Vindictus, as the Desert Contract update hits on Wednesday, September 27th!

Comments

• RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Way too hype for this.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    that abomination pic is pretty NSFW
    RemirezHerpadorSlothPrincessRiceMonsterKingRichRiceDokkunSpaneyThe_VillainHangeZoe
  • ordinaryabnormalityordinaryabnormality
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    "a powerful artifact you can enhance you can enhance as the month of October rolls around, " i wonder what that is :p
    Remirez
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited September 20, 2017
    Saygo wrote: »
    Season 3 is filled with cunning foes, powerful monsters, lethal challenges for all who step towards Ben Chenner. In order to help mercenaries get a handle on the challenges in Season 3's raid battles, the Desert Contract update will come with a special Buff called Goddess' Guidance. This buff will grant large boosts to ATT, M.ATT, DEF and Additional Damage, but only for the first time they complete each Raid battle's story mission, plus the first 10 completions of the repeatable raid battles.

Well, this might mess things up for one of the events I'm hosting for the Halloween Party on 10/21/2017 (I have to mention it since it's a player-hosted event in October, and considering this update is for October, it makes sense to put a reminder here), but I don't think this will have too much of an impact since the buff is for newcomers to these raids. It should be fine. :)
    7th-anniv-sales.jpg

sephiroth___gif_animation_by_kyoflameashhylden-d9pq4vn.gif

SEPHIROTH HYPE! :D But where are the other wings though? You know, these wings that were released in Japan? Could that be for later perhaps? :)

CielSuccubus
  • DrustanDrustan
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Hyped :D , but got some questions :
    You can complete this special dungeon once per day until our next update.
    Is this a typo and meant as "You can complete this special dungeon one extra time per day ..."? Or is this dungeon going to dissapear after the next update?

Also technically this is the 6th anniversary for EU, will we be bumped by 1 year from now on or will there be small changes across the servers(like the emblem thingy being a 6)?

p.s. also no polar bear x77 times pls :#
  • HerpadorHerpador
    Vindictus Rep: 945
    Drustan wrote: »
    Hyped :D , but got some questions :
    You can complete this special dungeon once per day until our next update.
    Is this a typo and meant as "You can complete this special dungeon one extra time per day ..."? Or is this dungeon going to dissapear after the next update?
    Currently special dungeons rotate weekly, so only one of the current special dungeons is available. I guess this means that Desert Contract will be available regardless of the current rotation.
    Drustan
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    It doesn't seem like an update worth for an anniversary... If you want to celebrate the anniversary properly, release Miri or the flying Lynn.
  • xAvonxAvon
    Vindictus Rep: 490
    VinVin wrote: »
    It doesn't seem like an update worth for an anniversary... If you want to celebrate the anniversary properly, release Miri or the flying Lynn.

Mary Lynn Poppins ?
    CielSuccubus
  • BladeNsoulBladeNsoul
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited September 22, 2017
    Worthless update again... was hoping for miri release :( , even sold all my gear for miri release
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    BladeNsoul wrote: »
    Worthless update again... was hoping for miri release :( , even sold all my gear for miri release
    What made you expect Miri release so soon?
    Usually, big releases like that have a 6month delay until they reach NA/EU, so you will have to wait a little longer.
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    So does anyone have any idea what exactly will be coming in terms of new cosmetic items or outfits?
  • OptimalOptimal
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    So does anyone have any idea what exactly will be coming in terms of new cosmetic items or outfits?

Basically what everyone is waiting to find out. Not sure why nexon doesn't post patch notes until the very last second, pretty annoying to have to wait until the actual patch date to know what exactly is coming.
    SlothPrincess
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    edited September 26, 2017

I'm sorry, but you have no concept of how businesses are run, and you'd be bankrupt very soon if you were in charge. Your idea sounds good on paper, but it is terrible business-wise. Companies need to stretch their content and events across the year to keep a constant flow to their customers. Why lump all that content into an anniversary event, especially during the month of halloween events - the company would lose all its content ammo in one month. Also, a lot of young people are very busy with their fall semester in school - the best time to release Miri or Lynn 2nd weapon would be at a time when people are off school (like December break) and when they are inclined to spend more $$$ (christmas money), which is exactly when we're going to be getting it.
  • TaylaTayla
    Vindictus Rep: 650

I'm sorry, but you have no concept of how businesses are run, and you'd be bankrupt very soon if you were in charge. Your idea sounds good on paper, but it is terrible business-wise. Companies need to stretch their content and events across the year to keep a constant flow to their customers. Why lump all that content into an anniversary event, especially during the month of halloween events - the company would lose all its content ammo in one month. Also, a lot of young people are very busy with their fall semester in school - the best time to release Miri or Lynn 2nd weapon would be at a time when people are off school (like December break) and when they are inclined to spend more $$$ (christmas money), which is exactly when we're going to be getting it.

You could have got your point across without insulting him. I don't understand why people feel the need to do that in these forums, it is completely unnecessary.
    SlothPrincessPixelPantsu
  • ShadowBenderShadowBender
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    So like I'm ignoring all those and wonder what they're adding to the seal of bravery shop????? :o
  • satoshi1satoshi1
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    So like I'm ignoring all those and wonder what they're adding to the seal of bravery shop????? :o

Maybe they're adding runes, or dullahan to seal shop?
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    that abomination pic is pretty NSFW

He just bussin' dat ish wide open without a care in the world lmao
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    So what did we get? What are the outfits we can choose from, if any one knows?
  • JapetoJapeto
    Vindictus Rep: 670
    edited September 27, 2017
    9NKWIsE.gif

#another pay to win =( bad surprise for anniversary 100k NX for the wings no well, I think it would be for 7 long years of playing to get all the players, or with objective events, limit this to players who only spend amounts of money orbitals speaks of bad decisions of events more if it is for anniversary, good luck in this event, i think in the future the team can create more events for gifts for all players*. to reward for continuing to play for more time more in the current situation of the game , we need good updates & events . :'( <3

YdZy4xP.gif
  • RecklessWolfRecklessWolf
    Vindictus Rep: 425
    that anniversary event is kinda a let down how you give us the chance to have an item to plus to 17 and take it away later on thats injustice im good i'll come back when miri is here, with all that hard work it may offer should have let us keep especially those whos been playing this game since it was a alpha