[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Feelings on new Weapon (spellsword + shotgun)

Comments

• KorikenKoriken
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I Love the idea of Hurk's new weapon. Allowing him to be more agile than he is with that bulky weapon. No idea why so many people are complaining if you don't like the new weapon don't use it. xD
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited January 18, 2017
    Koriken wrote: »
    I Love the idea of Hurk's new weapon. Allowing him to be more agile than he is with that bulky weapon. No idea why so many people are complaining if you don't like the new weapon don't use it. xD

That's not the point. Because it's been hyped up for so long and after 3 years of nothing we're getting a weapon we most likely won't use so of course people are going to complain. The amount of disappointment is unreal.

The weapon is live now, so the only thing left to do is test and see for ourselves just how good/bad it is.
    EvL
  • ZiokenZioken
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    I actually don't mind the shotgun but the sword feels like it's half-ass'd in. Would have preferred if they dropped the sword and just gave him a hand gun (maybe a revolver) instead. Really commit to the gunslinger.
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    The problem with that weapon is that it lacks something unique, a signature move.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Well we will know soon enough !
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Hurk is already my main, for some reason, I don't farm with him as much as my other characters, but this new weapon will definitely make me play him more just like the old days. I CAN'T WAIT.
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Sw33tS wrote: »
    Hurk is already my main, for some reason, I don't farm with him as much as my other characters, but this new weapon will definitely make me play him more just like the old days. I CAN'T WAIT.

Prepare to get disappointed xDDDDDDDDDDD
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    Tiede looks incredibly boring personally, but hopefully it provides variety to others who may disagree.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    It will be an option other than GS, and since I have 40k AP as it is, at least I'll have something to dump it on,.,,
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Hype!
  • EvLEvL
    Vindictus Rep: 555
    edited August 26, 2017
    I personally think the Tiede looks fun to use and also from what I heard the damage is low and i was told it's bottom tier DPS in KR. There is one thing im certain of though.... having Tiede is going to make Neamhain runs alot smoother for me
    benefits of range! I'm definitely going to +11-+12 me one for sure. Also forgot to add.... Golden God! So Tiede has its benefits that's for sure.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    They will buff it for sure.
    Reload will give 2 bullets vice 1.
    Sword Buff Will be increased.
    New Active that gives all reload Enhcanced bullets
    etc

• EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    EvL wrote: »
    I personally think the Tiede looks fun to use and also from what I heard the damage is low and i was told it's bottom tier DPS in KR. There is one thing im certain of though.... having Tiede is going to make Neamhain runs alot smoother for me
    benefits of range! I'm definitely going to +11-+12 me one for sure. Also forgot to add.... Golden God! So Tiede has its benefits that's for sure.

Really? From what I heard the DPS is above GS.

Like you said though, Tiede may be useful for things like Neam/Ein Lacher.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Loading up Vindictus now - I hope to hear about everyone's thoughts are on the weapon as they get used to it!
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    i think its fun, requires more effort than GS, that said. im bored after playing with teide for maybe an hour or two. maybe vindi is just ResidentSleeper
  • UndonexillusionUndonexillusion
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    made a video on my opinion of it
    But short answer I a good weapon but on the wrong character hope you check it out and sub to my channel im trying to grow
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited August 30, 2017
    I sorta feel the same way, but giving it a week before I switch back. I think most vindictus gameplay is repetitive but punctuated by weapon unique functions (deflection, xcut, etc) that are exciting and break up the routine. Someone mentioned this before, but now I kinda get it, this weapon doesn't have that at all so gets really boring really fast.
    That being said, I think it has potential to out dps GS in S3 party play, anf make din lachet gold easier. And there is a super aggressiveness necessary to keep the sp coming in to keep the damagr rotation maximized which keeps you chugging in a way thats probably just second nature with GS but isn't yet for twice. also time to get a cat statue
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    I'm just not seeing how I can out-dps Great sword with Tiede. Short of being potentially safer for 0 hit golden god farming has any other hurk found tiede to be superior to GS in any way? If so, could you share your thoyghts ?
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited September 4, 2017
    I find it odd how they sort of overlooked their own convenience measures. Kai can reload while moving, Evie and Karok can charge while moving, but Hurk has to be still to twirl his baton and you can't hold the dodge to keep loading bullets, it's one press for every two slugs. Then you can only load enhanced slugs after rolling, which still has a timing element however forgiving so makes less sense that you can't load enhanced while standing. All extremely minor of course, but it feels weird to go from having those features to not.

I don't quite like that reload is attached to my dodge key. That's a big liability. I was hoping to map it to tab like how Kai's reload works. Instead tab is used for a double-shot mode which seems really silly to me. After six consecutive double-shots, you overheat and it forcibly takes you out of that mode. The heat meter stays until you stop attacking altogether and then you have to reenter manually. I don't see why the filled bar couldn't just restrict double-shots by itself without needing to have a separate mode. Problem is, you're supposed to hold down the smash for the second slug, but after a few combos it regresses to using double-shots even with light keystrokes which becomes heavily annoying when you use extra ammo you didn't want to use. Thankfully this can all be overcome as just throwing in a roll or two between every four consecutive shots keeps the heat gauge empty, not to mention the first combo can be spammed quickly and repeatedly even if you don't have any slugs in the chamber. The mode ultimately seems useless.

Hitting bleeding enemies with slugs has a -very- noticeable difference as opposed to doing it dry. Obviously the gameplay still highly rewards CQC.

The SP rifle-mode does have a distance limit and if you're playing purely keyboard the camera sensitivity can make it near unusable. Thankfully the hitbox is fairly large, so you can aim at the ground below their feet or the sky above their head and still hit the enemy.

SP moves are all interruptable, even the finisher sometimes won't proc the animation even though the triggering hit was a success. It's not common and I'm not using it on bosses that have uninterruptable attacks or animations.

There seems to be a field of view in effect in front of the weapon. Enemies right next to you might not get hit by a slug flying past their ear, but those far off to the side in front can be caught in the blast even if it doesn't look as if it made it anywhere near them.

-Many animations are fairly easy to quickly dodge out of, so that's a plus.
    -You don't run out of stamina often.
    -The stats on the Teides are pretty high, similar to some Glaives.
    -The dodge roll is perhaps even better than Kai's roll.

Finally, my Hurk is still underleveled. I haven't gotten to the point of using skill stones yet. Not sure if anybody can tell me, but it would be nice if you could use a mid to major cooldown on reload, as this is the bread and butter SP move and the most convenient one in your arsenal.
  • MaximusMaximus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind using Hurk's smash attacks (RMB for me) just to charge his SP meter with his new Tiede! But maybe the reasoning just goes way over my head and i'm just stupid!