[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Feelings on new Weapon (spellsword + shotgun)

Comments

• The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    My feeling towards Teide is that it's fun & flashy and the damage is ridiculous at times. I specifically made my Hurk just to be able to play Teide (which recently, I've started using GS as well) and I don't regret it whatsoever. Most of his attacks can either easily be canceled or combo. Teide is much more versatile than his GS counterpart which is more restricted due to heavily relying on countering, positioning, and timing; giving you much more freedom to do what you want, when you want, however you want. The only negative drawback or pet peeve that Teide has is that.. You don't utilize the sword more, I wish the shotgun had more.. "boom" to it, as well as it reusing Arisha's spellsword designs (leads me to believe that Arisha dies at some point during the story since Hurk ends up having it ~eventually~, but that's a different topic).

Also, his dodge + reload can be kind of wonky at times as you'd try to dodge and do enhanced reload, only to end up doding and get stuck doing a regular reloads.

Tip: If you're doing a full combo while in double bullet mode while the boss isn't knocked down, you're playing wrong.

Fun weapon, 9/10.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited September 9, 2017
    Tip: If you're doing a full combo while in double bullet mode while the boss isn't knocked down, you're playing wrong.

At some point my overheat meter started freaking out last night and refused to work properly, so I was able to spam double shots without consequence.

Really the only saving grace in contrast with the godawful bug of having your shotgun float above your head after reviving from death and becoming unusable. Now if only it were as common...
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    The consensus from speaking with most Hurks IG is that it is somewhat underwhelming compared to GS. I would agree, but if someone who thinks it's Stonger than GS what's to explain their thoughts here would appreciate it. The best comments I've gotten were "it's fun, but weaker than GS" from the hurks using it still. Most I've seen IG, like me, have already switched back to using GS.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Yeah, I'm noticing that too. It'd bug/glitch out for me too after a while, something it'd never used to do. I'd be in battle and after a few rolls and reloads, it'd overheat but then never allow me to go back into Double Shot Mode for the remainder of the fight despite the description saying it'd only "temporarily" disable double shot for a "moment". Also noticing an issue with Blockade/Impenetrable while using Greatsword: I'd move directly into the attacks (despite supposedly being 360) with Blockade only to not have neither skill work and end up taking too much damage at once (even from non-red attacks) while also not getting the impenetrable buff. Anyone else having either of these issues?
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited September 12, 2017
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    The consensus from speaking with most Hurks IG is that it is somewhat underwhelming compared to GS. I would agree, but if someone who thinks it's Stonger than GS what's to explain their thoughts here would appreciate it. The best comments I've gotten were "it's fun, but weaker than GS" from the hurks using it still. Most I've seen IG, like me, have already switched back to using GS.

You're pretty much changing out sustained DPS for burst DPS. I can't say which is stronger on a similar level, but so long as the stats are decent, I think a pro GS player will probably come out on top most of the time. I'd like to know KR's thoughts as they've had it longer than us, because stamina goes quickly even with reload, there are long bouts of inaction, you have to keep your bleed up constantly and someone who's more familiar with the weapon can smoothly switch out between normal and rifle mode on the fly, so it'd be nice to know where a pro Teide player would rank the weapon if they're at a level where no moment goes by wasted.

The weapon really starts to shine at 70+ aspd, because at that point you can rifle combo fairly quickly without needing to reload. Obviously chambered shots are much faster, but at that point you're emptying your bullets in the span of a second and with them, your stamina. What sucks a fat one about the whole setup is that you can't even reload because your stamina bar will stop filling when you do, even if you have a stamina pot, zeal/berserker or another buff, they do not work with the Teide unless you're doing nothing. That's a point in Kai's favor.

Personally I was never really a fan of Hurk, but the Teide is pretty fun, so I'll be playing him more often now.
    Yeah, I'm noticing that too. It'd bug/glitch out for me too after a while, something it'd never used to do. I'd be in battle and after a few rolls and reloads, it'd overheat but then never allow me to go back into Double Shot Mode for the remainder of the fight despite the description saying it'd only "temporarily" disable double shot for a "moment".

I never read the description for overheat, but rolls and inaction is supposed to make it go down. In other words you cannot attack -at all- if you want the gauge to drop. If it's stuck in overheat no matter how long you wait, that's definitely a bug. The one I experienced however was my heat gauge flashing and not turning off double-shot no matter how many times I used it.