[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

MegaPhone CoolDown poll

Arrow95Arrow95
Vindictus Rep: 2,515
in General Discussion
i was thinking again, I know I should stop that
  1. Cooldown on MegaPhone59 votes
    1. No Way!
       42% (25 votes)
    2. Yes but nothing crazy 1min to 5mins
       58% (34 votes)

Comments

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Just block that person.
    Summit1g
  • Summit1gSummit1g
    Vindictus Rep: 550
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    Just block that person.

Basically this.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited August 9, 2017
    Well, it's not always the same person everytime, there's always another, why not fix the problem at its root?
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Because it usually takes two lines of megaphone to sell something like [+14 Twinkling Spirited Terminus Sentinel Twin Swords]

NA gets same character limit as KR which is extremely unreasonable.
    40 English characters can't express much compared to 40 korean/chinese/japanese characters.
    AnthonytonyboyAntoney
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    edited August 9, 2017
    Because it usually takes two lines of megaphone to sell something like [+14 Twinkling Spirited Terminus Sentinel Twin Swords]

NA gets same character limit as KR which is extremely unreasonable.
    40 English characters can't express much compared to 40 korean/chinese/japanese characters.

Abbreviation.

"S>+14 T/S Term TSwords"
    "S>+14 Twink/Spirit Term TSwords"

Most players looking for the so-called item will get the shortened forms easily.
    There's really not much reason to use more than one megaphone at a time than to babble nonsense for the whole server to see.
  • KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    That would totally kill the Megaphone PvP :(
    DokkunLeucosieKenshinXV0lterixAntoneyKingRichRice
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    How about you ignore it?
    What if someone has a lot to sell?
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    I don't think the problem is the people who are trying to sell things. I think the problem is the people who spam mega with useless nonsense and drama
    AnduriAntoney
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited August 10, 2017
    @Mainichi Which why I said nothing crazy 1min-5mins, hell even a 30 second CoolDown would do fine, pre vents someone spamming megaphones endlessly, with the cool down lets other people talk up, if they want to let people know they are hosting something like neam or w.e, or if they want to sell.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Is PvP still alive? if so am sure a 1min Cooldown per person wouldn't hurt since in freematch there are 12 people.
  • therapistguytherapistguy
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Just block that person.

Unless everyone on the server blocked that person, it still pushes my megaphone up and out of view
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    A GM once told me "If you spent money on it, you're free to do whatever with it"
  • KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Is PvP still alive? if so am sure a 1min Cooldown per person wouldn't hurt since in freematch there are 12 people.

I have no clue as I barley play 20min a week haha, I was leaning more towards the quarrels that goes time to time that are quite entertaining.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    I guess i need to be less serious, but I do feel like something needs to be done for that one person that mega spams the server for hours, not letting anyone else talk, impossible to mega you're hosting a raid, trying to get pvp started(I know its dead in na) or just trying to sell something.
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Did they remove the block list limit? cuz if not block becomes useless. Unfortunately on east server we have more trolls than human.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    There is no way they're going to rate limit the rate of people burning NX.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited August 13, 2017
    Mainichi wrote: »
    How about you ignore it?
    What if someone has a lot to sell?

Rate limiting. That means everyone would have for example 10 messages per minute and they could use them anytime.

But as said above they won't limit it so easily.

Another solution could be the predefined text input. (like how the input for the messages works in Dark Souls)

I actually wouldn't mind if there was no chat in the game at all (maybe except pm) so i couldn't see all those texts from drama kings/queens and self-obsessed people. This is one reason i don't play this game so often.

"Ignore it" is not a solution when you want to know who is selling or buying and what...
    SlothPrincess
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    This is a good idea to mention, I'm all for it. It will help people to properly use megaphones.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    Not a bad idea but a 'bit' too late for it no?
    Well I'm not sure but even when I do login for 30mins-1hour theres like no megas anyway,maybe only a few'EU'.
    Nothing like back in the days when ppl spammed the shet out of it 'that was indeed annoying'.