[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Succubus Queen and the Rest Need to be 90+ Only

BowtacojrBowtacojr
Vindictus Rep: 2,545
in General Discussion
Not even sure this needs to be said, but the placement of the Niflheim tab in Colhen and Rocheste is extremely misleading for new players. Compared to literally every other boss under the 90 raids, these raids are impossible for anyone with 70-80 gear, so why is it even open to people starting at 80?

I know some people like to carry newbies through hard raids, but even with one or two endgame players, this raid takes forever, and I think really needs a complete party of competently skilled and geared players to be at least fun, otherwise it's a 20+ minute slog.
  1. Should we hide Niflheim from the noobs?31 votes
    1. Yes
       58% (18 votes)
    2. I haven't tried carrying a group through this nonsense yet.
       42% (13 votes)

Comments

• AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    What's with all the biased polls people are making lately.
    SlothPrincessSaintGuinnessAntoneySamalenkoKourinDinko4TheWinTetsujinSaphreeAimAndKillPixelPantsuand 6 others.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    Even with your bias poll wording, you're still losing the argument. I'm always going to side with more choices, not less. If you don't want people less than lvl 90 on your boat, that is your choice. You can make that choice for yourself. Please stop trying to force YOUR choices as a mandate for everyone else.
    SaphreeBraveBlade2
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited July 29, 2017
    It's a joke poll nerds, I don't actually care what you think. :^)
    Even with your bias poll wording, you're still losing the argument. I'm always going to side with more choices, not less. If you don't want people less than lvl 90 on your boat, that is your choice. You can make that choice for yourself. Please stop trying to force YOUR choices as a mandate for everyone else.

It has nothing to do with enforcing my mandate or whatever you're thinking, it's got everything to do with the way the raid is balanced.

There really isn't anything to argue, if you're under 90, there's no way you're going to be doing any damage to any of those bosses, unless you're gearing with 80 gear, which is just a waste. Players shouldn't be able to do them untill 90 so that they have the chance to get gear that will actually let them participate, instead of doing little to no actual damage.

Go grab three level 80s, or anyone under 90 and do a succubus queen, you'll come back here and agree with me.

Also, that comment about "more choices" is just ridiculous, having access to higher level bosses before you have the gear for it isn't fun, new player will die fast and get frustrated, and veteran players will be left to pick up their slack. Try and think a little further ahead before you just blindly disagree with posts.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Nilfheim is fake news at this point

Concrete-ted with Superior's drone delivery attendance
  • sabersatensabersaten
    Vindictus Rep: 1,440
    they upped their stats to be on par with s3 bosses, so how come people can do these in lv80 while not s3 raid?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Should be moved to "Other Regions" along with "Unknown Area".
  • AntoneyAntoney
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    It sounds like you just played a single succy queen with an 80 player and just are salty about it.... :l
    SaphreeSaintGuinness
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    sabersaten wrote: »
    they upped their stats to be on par with s3 bosses, so how come people can do these in lv80 while not s3 raid?

Didn't know this, but that explains why SQ seemed so much tankier now.

On top of that, I'm not sure the death mechanic is explained anywhere, so you'll have new players run and waste all 3 of their lives in the beginning only to become true dead weight.
    Puppyman wrote: »
    Nilfheim is fake news at this point

Concrete-ted with Superior's drone delivery attendance

True, but it's one of the few fun raids left, S3 ain't my thing, and everything else dies too fast.
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Levels don't matter. Just because they are level 90 doesn't mean they will have level 90 gear. The same goes for level 95.
    SuukeiTetsujinSaphree
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited July 30, 2017
    Levels don't matter. Just because they are level 90 doesn't mean they will have level 90 gear. The same goes for level 95.

And if they're under 90, they'll never have 90 gear, so this post doesn't make any sense. Let's not pretend that it's hard to get 90 equipment, they give that stuff out like candy, but this is about the balancing of the raids themselves, but if you're too set in your beliefs that new players should suffer in raids they can't physically do, then feel free, it only hurts the new players.

My point stands. Honestly, the people who come in here and pretend like they're defending new players need to get over themselves and actually read the posts.
  • SoleilSoleil
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    Now, pardon me if my memory is inaccurate at the moment, but didn't Niflheim come out prior to S3, and thus prior to level 90 gear as well. I recall doing these runs just fine with my guild mates when the content landed. (I actually can't remember for certain, but chronologically it makes sense.)

If there's any valid complaint here, it's that leveling is too easy now, and thus newer players aren't well versed with their characters by the time they reach level 80. Gearing at level 80 isn't the issue either, since magic powder is abundant as well as enchants that won't destroy equipment. Niflheim even lets you die now! Anyone remember perma death in those runs? As a Fiona, I remember carrying my group a bunch while everyone lay dead.
    SaintGuinness
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Soleil wrote: »
    Now, pardon me if my memory is inaccurate at the moment, but didn't Niflheim come out prior to S3, and thus prior to level 90 gear as well. I recall doing these runs just fine with my guild mates

This has already been addressed

On top of that, we were all geared level 80-90s, so it's completely different from new players with their +3 80 (or even 70) gear that they use to chug through ten levels to 90, where they can get better equipment to let them participate.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited July 30, 2017
    You can:
    - set the minimum BAL/CRIT requirements when creating the boat,
    - kick those so-called noobs while in the dungeon (yes, this option exists),
    - restart the boat since they'll most likely burn through the three chances somewhere between 1st bar and 1st bar. You're not losing much anyway,
    - I ran out of possibilities but surely there are more.
    Saphree
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    If you think Niffle is that hard maybe you're the problem instead? Cause if they're not allowed to do harder content, how the hell are they supposed to get better? Honestly I see no problem with it and Niffle is rather dead right (on west anyway), so I don't think it's that big of a deal. :/
    SlothPrincessSaintGuinness
  • jktorres28jktorres28
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    Covfefe
    SaphreeSaintGuinness
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Saphree wrote: »
    If you think Niffle is that hard maybe you're the problem instead?

I guess reading must be hard for you or something, because that's not the point of this post.
    You can:

It's less about me hosting boats, and more about new players trying a raid that is geared and balanced towards 90+ players with 90+ gear.

A lot of people seem to be missing the point of this thread, it's about new players not having the gear to do anything in these raids. They can be as good as they want, but if they've got level 80 gear that they're just doing quests with, it's going to be highly unlikely that they'll do any damage at all.
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    If you think Niffle is that hard maybe you're the problem instead?

I guess reading must be hard for you or something, because that's not the point of this post.
    You can:

It's less about me hosting boats, and more about new players trying a raid that is geared and balanced towards 90+ players with 90+ gear.

A lot of people seem to be missing the point of this thread, it's about new players not having the gear to do anything in these raids. They can be as good as they want, but if they've got level 80 gear that they're just doing quests with, it's going to be highly unlikely that they'll do any damage at all.

Then just don't run the mission with people who have low stats, is it really that big of a deal? Especially for an area that no one really runs anymore?
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited July 30, 2017
    Then just don't run the mission with people who have low stats

I plan to, but it's more about players joining boats that there would be now way they'd be prepared for and then getting stuck in it or getting kicked from it because the boat let's people under 90 in. Try reading the post next time, I've already explained this.

Either way, it wouldn't be fun for them, therefore we should just limit it to 90, that way if they join there's at least a chance they'll have decent gear for what is now a 90 raid.

• KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    edited July 31, 2017
    Then just don't run the mission with people who have low stats

I plan to, but it's more about players joining boats that there would be now way they'd be prepared for and then getting stuck in it or getting kicked from it because the boat let's people under 90 in. Try reading the post next time, I've already explained this.

Either way, it wouldn't be fun for them, therefore we should just limit it to 90, that way if they join there's at least a chance they'll have decent gear for what is now a 90 raid.

And please can someone make so that neamhain is 30k att and 140crit minimum, It's so annoying when people dare to join with lesser stats, like cmon... At least play the game for 1,5 years before trying to join neam to simply make it harder for me to complete it... I want other people to fill the spots with 30k att and 140crit, not ppl with +12...
    Saphree
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited July 31, 2017

Didn't know this, but that explains why SQ seemed so much tankier now.
    Unlimited ATK has been removed, so the cap is now again 24k (or close to; as it was long ago). Also, with Rise party-size HP scaling from enemies has been removed everywhere. Less damage and more HP - do the calculation.

And please can someone make so that neamhain is 30k att and 140crit minimum
    Minimum stats while it's maximum for her, not to mention this is actually 2k ATK over it? Use the inbuilt restriction feature if You dislike low stats players.
    BraveBlade2
This discussion has been closed.