[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Power & Tech. requirements for Dullahan?

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in Future Content
Does anyone know what the Power & Tech. minimum requirements are for Dullahan?

Comments

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    asd.png
    Ertxz18LoLoBooty
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited July 22, 2017
    37k? That's impossible. What's the point of all this content meant only for lucky players?
    Zaeadras
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    Menrva wrote: »
    37k? That's impossible. What's the point of all this content meant only for lucky players?

Well, thats the requirements for quick battles I guess, normal boats dont have requirements unless the hosts says so
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    edited July 22, 2017

If you don't even meet those requirement, you're not going to contribute more than 5% damage to the boss. Dullahan caps at 28.5k attack, 155 crit. 195 tech is generous.

37k power and 195 tech is also the requirement for QB Special Battles(Shining Keaghan etc)
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    V0lterix wrote: »

If you don't even meet those requirement, you're not going to contribute more than 5% damage to the boss. Dullahan caps at 28.5k attack, 155 crit. 195 tech is generous.

37k power and 195 tech is also the requirement for QB Special Battles(Shining Keaghan etc)

How 2 git crit?

I was kind of excited for this update but if it's like this what is even the point
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 22, 2017

Which is extremely stupid... I would much rather take someone with a lower (~25k att) but higher add damage wearing wb/enthu gear and knows what they are doing (so say ~11.5k def) (so power = 36.5, add dmg ~2k) than say someone that has a +8 lv 95 weapon and hits ~29k with 15k def (power = 44k... add damage ~1.1k).
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    ikevi wrote: »

Which is extremely stupid... I would much rather take someone with a lower (~25k att) but higher add damage wearing wb/enthu gear and knows what they are doing (so say ~11.5k def) (so power = 36.5, add dmg ~2k) than say someone that has a +8 lv 95 weapon and hits ~29k with 15k def (power = 44k... add damage ~1.1k).

Honestly both situations are stupid

once upon a time there were no attack requirements to play with people
    you could just gather up 7 randoms and throw yourselves at a boss regardless of who has + what weapon and still win and get rewarded accordingly
    it's like the guy in charge in Korea just hates fun and everyone just bows to his whims
    Boninox
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ There still aren't any reqs, simply start normal boat. But gl doing more than 3% damage with stats below minimum threshold and getting a grand total of 1 core.
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited July 23, 2017
    @zaeadras
    Are you even taking in what the replies are saying? If you don't have enough tech and power you will get carried hard, are you getting mad over not being able to get carried? Fear not, since you or someone else can make a NORMAL BOAT and there will not be any requirements to join.
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    You can get that easily with basic 95 gears.
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    edited July 23, 2017
    Zaeadras wrote: »
    once upon a time there were no attack requirements to play with people

[citation needed]

Back in the Thor days people would kick whoever had less than 10-11k. Not so sure about earlier than that, since I started playing seriously only with EP7
  • MaryJaneMaryJane
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    edited July 23, 2017
    What?! So you mean to tell me fresh endgame content is meant for noncasual players who actually took the time to learn the game and put effort into their gear?! This is madness! Let's definitely bring back 8 man parties so 2 people can do all the work while 6 others run around like headless chickens and collect all the rare drops they didn't earn!

tenor.gif
    KenshinXMochiSweetFlufffyParrotReeeper007FriedeSrWurmPixelPantsuIhavenofriends
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Elyr wrote: »
    Back in the Thor days people would kick whoever had less than 10-11k. Not so sure about earlier than that, since I started playing seriously only with EP7

I never saw kicking for thor. I think the first boats that some folks got kick happy on was one early Colru. The only other early kick happy boats were during events where folks wanted to do speed repeats -> Poor Fifi's would get kicked from spider raids etc.

(I eventually managed +10 mael dreamwalkers when dragon content came about, but honestly I don't recall much consistent kicking at all till really s2.)
    Zaeadras
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Its all about add damage now 4k+ add dmg or gtfo
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited July 24, 2017
    MaryJane wrote: »
    What?! So you mean to tell me fresh endgame content is meant for noncasual players who actually took the time to learn the game and put effort into their gear?! This is madness! Let's definitely bring back 8 man parties so 2 people can do all the work while 6 others run around like headless chickens and collect all the rare drops they didn't earn!

tenor.gif

By effort do you mean hundreds of dollars and luck?

Excluding players from content with RIDICULOUS requirements does not work here. 37k is RIDICULOUS. For a game that already struggles with maintaining a playerbase.

Well, enjoy your dying game, while it lasts. I wish you all the hard earned rare drops and loots.
    ZaeadrasShiningForceBoninox
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    KenshinX wrote: »
    @zaeadras
    Are you even taking in what the replies are saying? If you don't have enough tech and power you will get carried hard, are you getting mad over not being able to get carried? Fear not, since you or someone else can make a NORMAL BOAT and there will not be any requirements to join.

Capped Balance + Full Orange set +10 +Orange weapon +11 i'm apparently 10 crit off of the Tech Requirement get over yourself and your mothers credit card that is actually nonsense the only way i can make up the difference is by buying an extraction rune for Twinkling or Chance or making the endgame accessories which i haven't been able to obtain even one matt for after about over 100 of each of those battles Rise also killed just about every viable money making method i had so i can't afford them
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Blah blah
    Host a NORMAL BOAT for no restrictions. Stop ignoring that fact so you can keep arguing, it literally solves all your problems. Also not having 105 crit with a level 90 weapon is a sin by itself, educate yourself on how to gear a character.
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    Moo, Moo!

how many normal boats are made after rise
    how many people are even going to look for a normal boat
    I'd rather not sit around waiting for an hour trying to play the newest dead content because my concept for Endgame doesn't conform to their sideways mentality
    not to mention if i remember correctly the very act of having a full party in quick battle gives another Core perfect win more model

also lets be honest the proper way to "gear a character" is throwing all of the money at the game and Praying to RNGesus that you can have a +15 weapon so you can be semi relevant in a 4 man party until they sell enhance stones for safe upgrades till +17 for 100$ each attempt

• ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Breaking down this "impossible crit barrier"

105 crit is needed
    28 comes from Critical Hit Mastery 3
    52 comes from a max-synthed level 90 weapon
    15 critical comes from 2000 Willpower

Meaning 10 critical is needed from any of these sources:
    Stigma (6 crit) or Master (5 crit)
    Subdued (2 crit) or Petite (1 crit)
    Immoral (8 crit), Righteous (2 crit), Divine Punishment/Maelstrom (2 crit), Spirited (6 crit), Decisive (3 crit), etc.
    Ein Lacher's achievements (3 crit)
    Sea of Reflection achievements (5 crit)
    Most armor prefixes/suffixes give 1 crit (Reinforced, Expeditonary, Sentinel, Well-balanced).

Hence, if you honestly can't get enough base stats and slap on at least Well-Balanced Sentinel plus a Master on most of your gear, you probably should be locked out of the battle. 105- crit has 3% chance to crit Dullahan.
    KingRichRicekls9ZaeadrasDokkun
  • RadeRade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Moo, Moo!

how many normal boats are made after rise
    how many people are even going to look for a normal boat
    I'd rather not sit around waiting for an hour trying to play the newest dead content because my concept for Endgame doesn't conform to their sideways mentality
    not to mention if i remember correctly the very act of having a full party in quick battle gives another Core perfect win more model

also lets be honest the proper way to "gear a character" is throwing all of the money at the game and Praying to RNGesus that you can have a +15 weapon so you can be semi relevant in a 4 man party until they sell enhance stones for safe upgrades till +17 for 100$ each attempt

Enchant your gear. Use material synthesis on your weapon's composites. There are plenty of cheap, viable scrolls that will boost your crit and/or balance without any risk of destroying your gear now. Master, deadly, sentinel, resistant, force, sparkling, petite, and more, all available on the MP for 700k or less (east server prices), often less than 100k. I'm sure you can easily pick up a bunch by running some of the old S2 raids as well. You can easily farm the materials for enhancing composites for extra crit and balance as well, although the raw gold cost can become prohibitive.

Do Ein Lacher and get the titles. It got nerfed with Rise; while it can still be quite a challenge, attack and defense are irrelevant, and you're also able to select missions outside of the daily rotation to do with reward coupons to get the last bit. If you're actually playing the game and not just throwing your wallet at it or expecting to get things within 5 minutes, it's actually not difficult at all to get from where your gear is to where those entry requirements for Dullahan are set.

As things stand, you only need a +15 if you want an easier Neamhain run or want endgame bosses to die in 1 minute instead of actually having something to fight, in the game's current iteration. Sure, they're overpowered, but for the most part, there isn't a point because there's nothing that really allows you to take advantage of that power. And all the changes to the game's systems with Rise have made it easier for non-paying players to get up to +15 as well. There's still something of a wall with the value of having runes to get to +10, but they're adding runes to the seal shop in the near future, and anyone who's been around and actually playing would end up with plenty of boosts to use from events. I have literally dozens of runes to use and I don't think I've bought any since 3 or 4 years ago.
    TL;DR - if you're actually playing the game and paying attention to the different avenues of progression available to you, you really won't have a very hard time hitting those requirements with a modicum of effort.
    KingRichRiceMochiSweetkls9ZaeadrasRozalieSrWurmPixelPantsu