[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Extraction runes!

PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
Vindictus Rep: 1,720
in General Discussion
Can't they be a permanent depot feature?
So far, iirc we had just one event to get them, that rabbit event.. obviously didn't get any.
Why aren't they for sale in depot? :(
RezX080Leucosie

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Because there's currently very little use for them? I'm 99% sure they'll be added with Dullahan update.
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Little use? Have any idea of how much gold and materials it takes to max out limit release? Since the shards drop so rarely you gotta buy them and its a big amount of gold. I wouldn't say "little use" at all.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    dismantle will get you them back? plus i don't think extraction runes get you "mats" for reaching atk limit?
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Also i need one to Extract a Consistent es from a wepon to put it on my Crossgun (Consistent es doesn't drop anymore/ it is op af on gun)
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited July 19, 2017
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Also i need one to Extract a Consistent es from a wepon to put it on my Crossgun (Consistent es doesn't drop anymore/ it is op af on gun)

i thought about it when you were trying to buy consistent lol. but it's gonna be hard to justify the cost xD
    edited July 19, 2017
    dismantle will get you them back? plus i don't think extraction runes get you "mats" for reaching atk limit?

I know what it gives back : all the abyssal/mysterious shards used, and the scrolls that are on the item with 100% succ chance iirc.
    If you dismantle without using one of those runes you won't get them back!

Edit : i guess you thought that by "mats" i meant leathers clothes etc.. eheh would be excellent if it was so!! ;P
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited July 19, 2017
    As requested, Extraction Rune returns: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/24157/july-rune-sale

runes-on-sale.png
    PhoebeHalliwelclickhere
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited July 19, 2017
    Little use? Have any idea of how much gold and materials it takes to max out limit release? Since the shards drop so rarely you gotta buy them and its a big amount of gold. I wouldn't say "little use" at all.

You can dismantle items for Mysterious/ Abyssal Shards back through Dianann...
    You would have to be able to enhance the item with extraction runes, so if it's been AP restored already, you are out of luck.
    Leucosie
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    we asked someone who plays in kr a long time ago and they said we dont get mysterious shards back unless we use the rune. of course if u want to try dismantling without it, u can be my guest. i forget if he mentioned permabound gear, but then dismantling is not enhancing, so one would hope thats not an issue
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited July 19, 2017
    I'm lost, they're here to stay?

ZpjiLli.png

I'm guessing this post was maybe made before announcements came out
    Puppyman wrote: »

ZpjiLli.png

That is because you can use the rune while enhancing. It can also be used when dismantling at diannin.. same effects.
  • RolandRoland
    Vindictus Rep: 1,715
    I had a weapon with 1850 ATT Limit on it. After the RISE update, I took it to Dianann and dismantled it...gave back 111 mysterious shards. You do not need to use an extraction rune if you want the MS back.
    AtsouTamagoEnigmaTaroKingRichRiceAnthonytonyboy
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    So is it possible to dismantle an already restored weapon with this rune?
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited July 19, 2017

ZpjiLli.png

That is because you can use the rune while enhancing. It can also be used when dismantling at diannin.. same effects.

You DO NOT need the rune to dismantle at Dianann.
    Ingkells wrote: »
    we asked someone who plays in kr a long time ago and they said we dont get mysterious shards back unless we use the rune. of course if u want to try dismantling without it, u can be my guest. i forget if he mentioned permabound gear, but then dismantling is not enhancing, so one would hope thats not an issue

That is false.
    You can see for yourself by putting your item in the extraction window.
    wIlXN.png
    If you want to believe false information, you can be my guest.
    LeucosiePhoebeHalliwelAnthonytonyboy
  • IzetIzet
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    edited July 19, 2017

Yup you're right man! Nvm ^^
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited July 19, 2017
    So would you use the rune at Dianann to get 100% scrolls off a weapon for, say your 95?
    edited July 19, 2017
    So would you use the rune at Dianann to get 100% scrolls off a weapon for, say your 95?

Absolutely yes
    I checked at diannin, when dismantle without rune u get back just shards and some inherited thigie..
    When using rune in the list i could see : the shards, the scrolls, heavenly and goldy used to raise limit release, all the gold used and the inherited powders. Basically a total refund of resources invested in limit release. I like it, even if some may think that's not worth it because that is all farmable stuff.
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    Just a side note, we did get a limited sale of these runes before +quiet
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited July 19, 2017
    So what's the extraction rune even good for if you can get shards without it? Enchants are cheap these days already and failstack exist. Definitely not worth the 20 dollars.

Sounds like a scam to people who weren't aware about this thanks to the false information from the KR player. That's what happens when your single source is a casual player from the states playing in KR which no endgame stats and can hardly understand half the language. Even my friends who logged into KR just to play Miri discovered more about in-game economy and new content than this person ever did.
    Ebonwings wrote: »
    So is it possible to dismantle an already restored weapon with this rune?

This person is a potential victim right here.
    Yon don't need extraction rune to dismantle unless you need the enchants back.