[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Halloween Party 2017 Event Preview

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Cutee wrote: »
    why not make a 4 man neam speed run ? :# theres the limited hp potion, no goddess, could see if someone gets a wild guild feather also. And neam is here for a good while now for all of the above mentioned servers (NA, EU, AUS). Dont crucify me, its just an idea which would make the possible "cheat"(goddess, merc spam, sp potion spam, soaps) more restricted.

edit: forgot the thing, neam currently has 15 less critical cap as dullahan will have, if they wont raise the current atk, crit cap on her, more ppl would have a chance, because less stats required to cap the boss)

Boss caps and critical caps don't matter all that much with the way ADD dmg is right now, only parties with one or more +15 will be getting the competitive clear times
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited July 25, 2017
    BoatGod wrote: »
    @vgfan100 You said that you will be streaming the runs for the 4 man party, but with the removal of the assist function, does that not mean you are going to take up a spot?

Good question. I might as well post the details so everyone knows how this is going to work.

Logistics:
    One player will:

- Set up a Twitch account
    - Download LiveSplit. This is a program that is used by many speedrunners on Twitch. The program is basically a fancy stopwatch, and it is free to download. You may create splits for completing segments of a run and compare your run to other players. For this event, you do not have to create splits. All that matters is the final time. Set CapsLock as your Start/Stop global hotkey for LiveSplit.
    - Download a streaming app (OBS, XSplit, etc.), enter your stream key from Twitch to link your channel to your streaming app, and create a scene, capturing your game and LiveSplit
    - Submit a link to a highlight of a full run of Dullahan on the official Speedrun Event thread (when the raid is available and everything is confirmed, I will post the thread for this so we can get started forming team) along with your Twitch channel name and server. A list of players who will be streaming their team’s run will be formed in this thread.

*Note: The submission of your full run is not what will be used for the actual event. This is to prove that you can stream the run, and this helps me set up your team's run along with other players in real time (or with the Twitch delay; whoever you see it xD). Here’s an example of what I’m going for except the timer will be exclusive to each team's run: Banjo-Kazooie Race

Teams of 4 players will be formed with 3 players joining the one player who is streaming the run. Team members may confer with each other to come up with a team name if they wish. Otherwise, a list of players and the server region will be used.

All NA servers can compete! This includes East, West, AUS, and EU.
    2. The deadline to submit your highlights will be one week before the party. Be sure that if you are going to stream your team’s run, you will be able to attend the party. Otherwise, your team will be disqualified. Teams must be formed 72 hours before the party's start time (still TBD). The more teams we have, the more exciting this event will be!
    3. The order for which team goes when will be randomized. I will post the order 48 hours before the party begins so you can plan. The races will take place from 7:00PM to 10:00PM (or however long it takes depending on how many teams we have). Four teams will run at the same time. Be sure all team members are ready to go. If a member of your party is missing when your team is up for the run, the team will have to do the speedrun with less players, which will put the group at a significant disadvantage.

I will not participate in this event myself since I have to manage it. However, if we reach at least 100 viewers at any point during the stream, I will solo Dullahan with NO ARMOR on (Only my weapon and accessories)! RIP me. :p

Again, this is a draft of the logistics for the event. The rules are still being worked out and tweaked. I will post the logistics on the first post of this thread for easy reference.
  • HonokaHonoka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    Ouch, each team needing a streamer per team is really limiting. Is it no good to just have each team submit a video of the run?
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited July 13, 2017
    Honoka wrote: »
    Ouch, each team needing a streamer per team is really limiting. Is it no good to just have each team submit a video of the run?

Yes. Otherwise, it wouldn't be an event. Plus, the streamer doesn't lag the party if they either don't host or have a good internet connection that allows them to stream and host. So, an easy solution would be to have someone else host if the streamer can't host. I don't see how it is limiting. :)
  • CuteeCutee
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    vgfan100 wrote: »

Hmmmm, I honestly don't know what to think of Neimhain. You're right; it would solve the issue of spamming merc pots, sp pots, and goddess graces, but at the same time, Neimhain doesn't scale her stats to the party (unless I'm wrong about this). Dullahan is more forgiving than Neimhain but still hits hard and has phases that require team coordination. Hopefully, Dullahan will be released with Hero Mode Season 3. If that happens, Dullahan will be fun to speedrun. :)

As far as i know since rise nothing scales o.o also if its a 4 man party clear, it would make full hp boss either the boss is scaling or not, neamie would also solve the streaming problem added that theres no more assist so you could join the party, making it possible for you to stream the party, so no streamer needed in that case,only a host.
    I have no idea about dulla hero released or not on kr, but that would make it even more fun i totally agree with it.

About the AD which was mentioned above, 15 less crit still could be considered as a damage loss ( since neam is capped crit on 140 and dulla on 155, so thinking the way participating players already capping neamhain)
    Also that only +15 weapons will have a chance isnt 100% true, if you have high enhanced armor set you can reach high values of AD as well, but yes the players will +15s will have advantage, but when they didnt ?
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Cutee wrote: »

As far as i know since Rise, nothing scales. o.o Also, if it's a 4-man party clear, it would make full hp boss [?] either the boss is scaling or not. Neamie would also solve the streaming problem, added that there's no more assist. So you could join the party, making it possible for you to stream the party, so no streamer needed in that case,only a host. I have no idea about Dullahan hero [being] released or not on KR, but that would make it even more fun; i totally agree with [that].

Fixed your post so I can better understand what you're saying. Yes, I stand corrected from my previous post. All bosses, including Neimhain and Dullahan, are NOT scaled to the party. So while a 4-man Neimhain run would be quite impressive to complete (let alone watch), it really deters players who don't have high-end stats from participating. If a team fails to clear, then they don't get placed in the standings, and that's no fun. This speedrun event is aimed towards the veteran players from casuals to those going for the best gear. Neimhain was designed for players who were able to get the best gear possible. Dullahan, on the other hand, is designed to accommodate everyone, even though players with better stats may have a better chance of completing the raid with a faster time. I have seen players who have crazy-stats but cannot stay alive for more than 2 minutes (i.e. Having high stats does not always equate to having high skill to stay alive). I will experiment with Normal Mode and Hero Mode to see which one will be appropriate for the event.

Also, I understand having one person streaming the run may be seen as an inconvenience for some, but let me explain why I'm doing this. First off, this event involves all NA server regions. I cannot be jumping around to each server to host the runs. To put this into an analogy, it's easier to change and watch multiple channels than it is to travel to each studio in-person just to watch the same thing. Second, running four streams at once looks way more interesting than only watching one run (Just watch any SGDQ speedrun that features multiple runners at the same time, and you'll see what I'm talking about). And third, I have to monitor/commentate the runs, change information on-screen in real time, and monitor/interact with chat all at the same time. In short, having one person streaming their team's run makes my life easier, and it makes the event much more interesting to watch.
  • BlyatBlyat
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    Could you make a rule that disallows the use of damage potions? They provide such a significant advantage to the people who have them/can get them and as they are unobtainable the larger servers gain an even bigger advantage over the smaller ones.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    edited July 17, 2017
    Blyat wrote: »
    Could you make a rule that disallows the use of damage potions? They provide such a significant advantage to the people who have them/can get them and as they are unobtainable the larger servers gain an even bigger advantage over the smaller ones.

I was thinking the same. I witnessed a fiona using a damage pot in a party I joined once for whatever reason. So with such an event it would give some people an actual incentive to damage pot. You can still find them in eu MP for a pretty "low" price ( 900k last time I checked ) and I myself have one in my inventory. That being said it will also be really difficult for the op to make sure people don't use them since he can't check ppls gear ig, but if you don't you'll see some ppls growing suspicious on some clear-times ( it happened before in a similar event ). The event i'm talking about was organized by Nexon EU and was about speedrunning hero silberin but GMs could make sure no damage pots nor stimulants ( would you allow those ? ) were used. Organizing such an event seems really difficult, so gl to you ! Definitely looking forward to it : D
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    edited July 17, 2017
    I didnt read all the text since you like to write walls of texts.

Anyway, is there any thing you do do 'balance' this out?
    Since a 4 man kai or hurk party will just faceroll this boss and win.

Aka. the biggest geared players / cashers will win the biggest prices. (and most op classes)

edit: I thought about an idea to maybe make it 'abit more balanced'.
    What about a rule that you can not have 2 of the same classes in your party? So 4 different classes aka kai/delia/evie/sylas?
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited July 17, 2017
    Blyat wrote: »
    JynXi wrote: »
    I didnt read all the text since you like to write walls of texts.

Aka. the biggest geared players / cashers will win the biggest prices. (and most op classes)

What about a rule that you can not have 2 of the same classes in your party? So 4 different classes aka kai/delia/evie/sylas?

I agree to both rules. It will be hard to detect the use of damage pots and stimulants, but I basically suggested players to un-equip these items before entering the battle. The GMs may be present for the event, and we also have chat to help us monitor the runs.

The idea of not having 3 or 4 people of the same class makes sense and will also make the runs more interesting to watch. I have added all rules to the first post. Keep the suggestions coming! <3

@JynXi My apologies for writing too much. ;)
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310

Hurk's solidly mid-tier and the only class whose dps inherently falls when playing with others of the same class. And facerolling has much more to do with defense than class, unless you're talking about mana shields.

The strongest parties would have a mix of classes for a variety of party buffs like hunting party, insane reaper, and coro shield anyway.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    edited July 18, 2017
    vgfan100 wrote: »
    The idea of not having 3 or 4 people of the same class makes sense and will also make the runs more interesting to watch. I have added all rules to the first post. Keep the suggestions coming! <3

@JynXi My apologies for writing too much. ;)

I'm still more of a fan if its just 1 per class, or 2 per class with 2 different weapons. (crossgun/longbow , staff/scythe)
    Dokkun
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    I'm still more of a fan if its just 1 per class, or 2 per class with 2 different weapons. (crossgun/longbow , staff/scythe)

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, I don't want this event to be too limiting. I want players to play at their best after all. :)

So Dullahan is officially on July 26th. If Normal Season 3 "raids" are any indication of the difficulty for Dullahan, we should be good for the event. Keep the suggestions coming, and prepare to start practicing! HYPE!! B)
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited July 20, 2017
    Everyone loves RNG. You could throw in a Russian Roulette game where contestants just stand there, and then we can see how the boss kills them. Last one standing is the winner? The team that can take the most hits wins? Perhaps let people sprint even (although this would turn it into a chicken run contest)?

...I'm just pulling the trigger, maybe I'll land on a bullet.
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited July 22, 2017
    i'd suggest to stream every party at the same time since that would balance things out , its unfair to have others watching our strategy before going in and knowing our final timing therefore to make things fair for everyone every run should be streamed at the same time.

But then again, I'm not sure if it'll be possible for everyone to afford doing so
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Drachus wrote: »
    I'd suggest to stream every party at the same time since that would balance things out. It's unfair to have others watching our strategy before going in and knowing our final timing. Therefore, to make things fair for everyone, every run should be streamed at the same time.

I understand your concern, and while I would love to be able to stream all runs at the same time, my computer can only handle 4 teams at a time. There is only one way around this, and that is if other players are willing to set up and stream a scene that includes 4 teams, record the end times for those runs, and report them to the event organizer (aka me or the GMs, if they are on). If that is something we want to do as a community, then I can certainly negotiate how to make this work. Otherwise, it will just have to be the way it is.

With that being said, I do not want to discourage you or your teammates from participating because of this. Logistically and realistically, it is not feasible for one person to stream all runs at the same time.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    So I have debated about the Goddess Grace rule since I have fought Dullahan (Love the battle). For now, I'm going to change that rule to the following:

You may use Goddess Graces. However, every 4 Goddess Graces used will result in 15 seconds being added to your team's final time.

My goal is to reward skill for using Feathers and Evie Revives versus just spamming GG's to keep the DPS going. At the same time, I don't want to make using GG's too punishing.