[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Server Patch Notes & More

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 28, 2017
    Miri highly confirmed candidate for Tysk's 3rd main

Darn you Nexon, at least you haven't tried another wild update yet.

Though either DPS crown or nerfhammer inbound
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    Just wondering, when they refered to doing 100+ changes to the game, was it all Rise or is there more stuff planned?
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Just wondering, when they refered to doing 100+ changes to the game, was it all Rise or is there more stuff planned?

that's mostly rise
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Miri is interesting. I like some of her moves. Ancestor's Will: Striker is too flashy for me though. It feels like her controls have more Delay than Hurk which means this was probably rushed. In terms of if she is OP idk....I just got to Hoarfrost Depths at lvl 70 on test xD so that's a bad way of finding out. I hope they change quite a bit of her stuff after test to make her feel more flow to her attacks.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I will see about submitting her skill names to Eghess and hope he uses them. Her skill names are in Konglish so they are pronounced as easily in english without using a translator if you know the basic Korean reading/alphabet.
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    edited July 1, 2017
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    ■ Skills

- The damage of the secondary weapons now scale with the skill rank.
    : Secondary Weapon Skill will give damage bonus per rank.
    : 'Spear', 'Fine Spear', 'Small Bomb', 'Fine Small Bomb' and 'Sticky Bomb' will be affected.

- Kicks are now affected by 'Combat Mastery'.

I've been waiting years for ways to improve secondary weapons and kicks to make those titles go by easier. Feels kind of late ya know?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Wilko wrote: »
    ■ Skills

- The damage of the secondary weapons now scale with the skill rank.
    : Secondary Weapon Skill will give damage bonus per rank.
    : 'Spear', 'Fine Spear', 'Small Bomb', 'Fine Small Bomb' and 'Sticky Bomb' will be affected.

- Kicks are now affected by 'Combat Mastery'.

I've been waiting years for ways to improve secondary weapons and kicks to make those titles go by easier. Feels kind of late ya know?

Secondary Weapon Proficiency now goes to Rank A on test XD
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    edited July 12, 2017
    20170712184604937.jpg

Developer's Notes 12.07.17

Hello, this is Vindictus.

We are going to tell you about what we have in plan for the upcoming Seal Shop Update.

First, we will give you a backstory.

For end-game contents, it is very important that you have the proper gear for it with the right enhancements and enchants. Before, this was particularly hard, but after the RISE Update, we have somewhat lessened the difficulty by handing out enchanted +10 weapon and armor parts to players at level 90.

Also, the addition of the shard system allows the players to obtain a +1 enhancement coupon and 100% enchantment scrolls.

However, to protect items at +9~10 and rank 6~7 enchants, players are currently required to use a cash-only item, enhancement rune and enchant rune.

That's why we have decided to add Enhancement Rune and Enchant Rune with some other cash items into the Seal of Bravery Shop.

After this update, players will have a definite award from long-time gameplay, and if they want a faster growth in character gear, they can purchase these items from the events or cash shop.

Our goal here is to allow all game contents to be accesible to the players who spend their time and effort. End-game contents will always keep its difficulty, so clearable with +10 gears with decent enchants (taking into account that the player has at least the minimum control skills expected).

We are setting the update to be updated into the server alongside with Lynn's 2nd weapon. This is just a target goal at the moment, so variations can occur.

Aes Sídhe update will be on next week thursday, and due to internal issues, it will not go through the test server but will be directly implemented onto the main server.
    We are now focusing on bug testing and end-development, and we hope to meet you with a high quality battle next week.

Thank you.

/ / /

Source
    Suhpremekls9BoatGodVladinoSirRFIDelteros
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited July 12, 2017
    20170706113514273.png

PATCH NOTES 06.07.17

Miri has been added to the game.

■ Battle

- Boss from 'Frosted Omen' will get changes in his battle patterns.
    : He was moving around too much, and we added some gaps for players to attack.

- Getting hit or end-trans animation during hook moving will not cause glitches anymore.

- Fixed a bug where players reconneting into a battle will be moved to town after certain amount of time.

- Fixed a bug where Solo Quick Battle still displayed retry option.

- Added a note for players in a party with more than 2 players.

i16148439458.jpg
    [System] Put effort into participating in battles.
    Use potions when low HP, request revives when un
    Words of gratitude are basic manner and knowledge.
    If you have a bad attitude, other players have the rights to kick you from the party.

[After Test Server Testing]

- 'Abyssal Arena' will grant more EXP
    : Players will be able to level up faster through Abyssal Arena after reaching Lv. 80.
    : Abyssal Arena is now available on Quick Battle.

- We will change the amount of addtional Gold and EXP rewards from 'Difficulty Bonus' after completing a battle.
    : 'Difficulty Bonus' for Normal and Hero mode will be changed for each Season.

- System messages for parties will be changed to fit only one player in certain battles.

- Fixed a bug where Redeemer's

- Fixed a bug where pets didn't dissapear in Redeemer's

- Fixed a bug where attacking Neamhain during her last phase cutscene will cancel it.

■ Story

- Main stories have been added.
    : Lv. 35 'About HP'
    : Lv. 55 'About Elixirs'

- Changed the monster battle balance in Season 1 and 2.
    : Normal monsters have reduced HP.
    : Normal monsters and boss monsters have reduced HP

■ Skill

- 'Full Force' will not be triggered in 'Ein Lacher'

- Players can rank skills up after completing or failing a battle.

- Skill windows will pop up when new skills are available during the progression through‘Next Story’.

- ‘Secondary Weapon Profiency’ Skill will not display any information for Rank 9 anymore.
    : Max rank for this skill is Rank A.

- Transformation Skills will not be affected by damage enhancing skills/buffs.

- 'Active: Spear of Stigma' and 'Active: Purging Light' will not disappear and keep the attack after hitting the wall or object.

■ Item

- Players can hide or show the item in their backslot.

- Scrolls from ‘Special Dungeon: Enchant Pouch’ will display the correct icons.

- Number of items obtained after Luminary has been increased.

- Players can now compare gears during battle with SHIFT.

■ UI

- Players can open Shared Storage from their NX inventory tab.

- Equipped items will be displayed differently from the Weapon/Armor list in the Enchant menu.

- Players who click outside the Enchant UI during pouring elixir, will be warned.

- 'Main Story' will not be hideable anymore.

- Items obtained will no longer be equipped in the extra quickslot if the player hasn't enabled it.

- Fixed a bug where building icons appeared abnormally on the mini-map of Colhen.

- Fixed a bug where event window kept popping up whenever the player entered the town.

- We have added guide lines in the town to the quest destination to help players with their quests.

Dev Comment: (Summarized) We are still working on improving the visual display.

■ System

- Characters less than level 80 will have a 3 day delay taking out gold from the mailbox.

- In the following case, players will not have the 3 day delay.
    : If the player has at least a character with more than Lv. 80 within their ID
    : Has a purchase record of 'Character Growth Package(?)' from the NX shop
    : Or is sending between characters with the same ID.

Dev Notes: (Summarized) Chinese Bots.

■ ETC.

- Fixed a bug where PC-Bang Buff / VVIP, VIP Buff disappeared randomly.

- Fixed a bug where sending gold between characters with same ID requested 5% sending fee if the capitalization of
    the character name was different.

- Fixed a bug where guild storage logs will display the false time.

- Character Status Window (C) will display a default image for the character class instead of the indivisual character models.

/ / /

I am currently busy and was late on the translations.
    I rushed through the translation as well, skipping parts about Miri changes and about minor bug fixes (or bug fixes for things we don't have here).

If you want, you can translate the original on google translater.

And as many of you know already, the Mate system has been added to the game (not mentioned in the patch notes).

Source
    BoatGodSirRFI
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited July 12, 2017
    20170707150652708.jpg

Developer's Note 07.07.17

Hello, this is Vindictus.

We are going to tell you about the upcoming Quick Battle changes.

■ Removal of the Kick Right.

Quick Battle is a system which, if your stats match the minimum requirements, allows players to get in a party and enter battle fast without any other requirements.
    If players want to play with their friends or guild member, they can make a private boat for their run at the Battle Board.

But recently, it has been reported frequently that players are abusing the kick system in Quick Battle to kick players out of their party in order to get their friends or guild members to join, and wasting the players time who wants a fast party / battle.

We want the Quick Battle to work as intended, and therefore will remove the right to kick in Quick Battle.

But, players are allowed to vote to kick other players. They can right click, select Kick, enter a reason and submit a vote to kick for the entire party. There is a cooldown in the new kick vote system, so players cannot submit another kick vote directly after one.

Once again,
    if you want to gather a party with different stat requirement, with friends, or with guild, you should create a party through the battle board not through Quick Battle and cause other players inconveniences.

■ Battle Help for New Players

After the RISE Update, new players can now level up and progress fluently, however at Lv. 90 with proper party raids, they will face difficulties.

From now on, each Raid for Lv. 90 or above will have a counter which will provide a special stat buff to the player until they complete the Raid for a certain number of times.

Additionaly, every other party members in the same party will receive +1 Evil Core and +1 Seal of Bravery.

The buff will be shown on the character list on the boat, and we hope old players will help the newer ones with the understanding of the raid battle system.

Thank you.

/ / /

20170707151035713.png

I think the dev is pretty mad about people doing guild runs with quick battle. He wrote the "Once again" part in highlights and what we call 'serious' font.

I don't think EU/NA cares about this but in KR, you end in the forums if you do that.

Source
    GewelliriousBoatGodSirRFI
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited July 12, 2017
    20170707151035713.png

I think the dev is pretty mad about people doing guild runs with quick battle. He wrote the "Once again" part in highlights and what we call 'serious' font.

I don't think EU/NA cares about this but in KR, you end in the forums if you do that.

Source

I think the reason for that is because people are purposely "banning" players that join that aren't in the guild to reserve spots. The intention of Quick Battle (which I think the Director failed yet again to mention) is that it was meant to bring players who can't find parties that weren't stat required together for more casual regular gameplay. I don't think they thought this through to include a Guild Party Function (which is understandable because an invite feature is there for that reason in particular). So Hosts who would start a Quick Battle would "Ban" (aka Kick) people who were not a part of the guild which in the long run causes way more problems for the playerbase experience. So there are 2 major known choices DevCAT can do to solve this issue. Either create a way for a Guild Quick Battle cause there are some guilds that easily have 50 members and like raiding or get rid of the "ban" feature for Quick Battle. I hope more ideas come to light on this.

Edit: oh wait you already said that (I had to re-read it again). Sorry Im at work at the same time so I've been REALLY busy (which is odd cause usually it's dead).

On another note: I THINK Test Server is today as well. Not sure what time it will open since DevCAT never states these times. When it comes to light I will work on translating the important content ingame.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited July 12, 2017
    @Gewellirious Ein Lacher times are different now because the bosses are slower/ dumber now and the HP was halved to 50% of what it used to be.

Comparing Miri's Ein Lacher times to Sunken's times doesn't really mean anything, but a lot of Sunken's times weren't super fast in the first place.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Well he is doubling down. Obviously his goal is to get new casual players in and he has sold that potential market to nexon's board as either being >> than current market, or he figures they wont loose many folks that actually pay money in the game.

I sort of got past the level of caring, he is determined to go this way and till they fire him it wont change. The good news is I have more time to catch up on all the stuff I have been ignoring. It is just sad to see this game be so messed up by him pushing the 3 key changes. (AD/raid nerfs/+20).
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    20170707151035713.png

Source

I think the reason for that is because people are purposely "banning" players that join that aren't in the guild to reserve spots. The intention of Quick Battle (which I think the Director failed yet again to mention) is that it was meant to bring players who can't find parties that weren't stat required together for more casual regular gameplay. I don't think they thought this through to include a Guild Party Function (which is understandable because an invite feature is there for that reason in particular). So Hosts who would start a Quick Battle would "Ban" (aka Kick) people who were not a part of the guild which in the long run causes way more problems for the playerbase experience. So there are 2 major known choices DevCAT can do to solve this issue. Either create a way for a Guild Quick Battle cause there are some guilds that easily have 50 members and like raiding or get rid of the "ban" feature for Quick Battle. I hope more ideas come to light on this.

Edit: oh wait you already said that (I had to re-read it again). Sorry Im at work at the same time so I've been REALLY busy (which is odd cause usually it's dead).

On another note: I THINK Test Server is today as well. Not sure what time it will open since DevCAT never states these times. When it comes to light I will work on translating the important content ingame.

Well maybe that short-sighted, closed-minded, backwards thinking director shouldn't have implemented and update that cuts parties down to 4, meaning that there's not room for randoms to join anymore, eh? He implements a design that pushes players that way then acts like he's surprised that new players don't get spots with guilds trying to do their daily runs and do QB for the extra cores.

I know that you're a nice guy and you are just giving perspective here, but the way this update has been developed, pushed out, and handled since is about as bad as can be for the game.
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    20170707151035713.png

Source

Well maybe that short-sighted, closed-minded, backwards thinking director shouldn't have implemented and update that cuts parties down to 4, meaning that there's not room for randoms to join anymore, eh? He implements a design that pushes players that way then acts like he's surprised that new players don't get spots with guilds trying to do their daily runs and do QB for the extra cores.

I know that you're a nice guy and you are just giving perspective here, but the way this update has been developed, pushed out, and handled since is about as bad as can be for the game.

Whenever you write a statement ,try to pass it through your anti-bias filter.If you hate something there's a solid chance that a large part of people don't want to circlejerk along with you.
    4 man raids mean there's less strain on the host's internet/pc and less time required to fill a boat.
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited July 13, 2017
    gogoshica wrote: »
    20170707151035713.png

Source

Whenever you write a statement ,try to pass it through your anti-bias filter.If you hate something there's a solid chance that a large part of people don't want to circlejerk along with you.
    4 man raids mean there's less strain on the host's internet/pc and less time required to fill a boat.

Before Rise we could choose whether or not to make 4-8 man boat for a party, now we're just forced to make 4-man on all raids except redeemers.
    I don't like the endgame changes either, but bashing insults in a passive or aggressive manner won't take us anywhere.

The director is at fault for those changes but not entirely. Nexon's corporate-dictatorship is most likely what's behind those pay2win, lessened difficulty updates.

Nothing will change unless the asian servers that gives them the largest income, stop paying/playing the game, forcing Nexon to see its faults and correct them.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    4 man raid was probably for the mate system.
    Imagine 8 people with 8 succubus pets...
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited July 13, 2017
    20170706113514273.png

Patch Notes 13.07.17

■ Miri Nerf

■ Goddess' Protection

- When a unexperienced player enters a Season 3 Raid, he will get the 'Goddess' Protection' buff.

- 'Goddess' Protection is as following.
    : ATT, M. ATT +1200
    : DEF +1200
    : Additional DMG +500

- It will grant additional buffs when in Quick Battle.
    : When defeating a boss monster +1 Evil Core, +1 Seal of Bravery
    : The additional Seal of Bravery will not add onto the daily Seal of Bravery limit.
    : This buff will affect all players in the same party.
    : This buff will not stack even if there are multiple players with the 'Goddess' Protection' buff.

- Players will be notified that there is a unexperienced player in the Quick Battle party.

- Players will receive the 'Goddess' Protection' buff when they have cleared the following battles less than 10 times.
    : Garden of Tears
    : Island Ruin
    : Temple of the Fallen Moon
    : The Shining One
    : Despair and Agony
    : Denizen of the Deep
    : Missing Soul (Dullahan)

- Players will receive the 'Goddess' Protection' buff when they have not cleared the following battles even once.
    : Corrupted Queen
    : Twists in Time
    : Light and Shadow
    : Shining Lugh
    : Under the Surface

■ Battle

- Fixed a bug in some Misty Summit maps, where players couldn't progress because a monster would fall into unattackable locations.

- Fixed a bug where players couldn't receive the reward after completing 'Charles' Race' with Multi-Process.

- Fixed a bug where players disappeared entering Quick Battle in certain locations.

- Removed the Kick function for Quick Battle.
    : Players can now kick after a vote.
    : Party members can also submit a vote.
    : Party leader cannot be kicked.
    : Players need to wait 1 minute to request another vote.
    : If the majority of the players agree with the vote, the target player will be kicked.

- Transformation will not end during the movement with hooks.

■ Item

- Miri inner armor fix

- 'Mate: Succubus' changes

■ Character

- Fixed a bug where ATT would affect the ranking point for 'Arisha'.

- Fixed a bug where Karok's 'Waiting Clash (?)' didn't function properly.

■ Etc.

- PC Bang bug fix

- Fixed a bug where the system message displayed other player's drops as their own.

- Fixed a bug where the greeting message appeared differently.

- Fixed a bug where texture streaming didn't load some textures properly.

Dev Comment: Fixed a bug where the texture appeared as low quality even in close distance.

/ / /

Source
    SirRFI
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    20170707151035713.png

Source

Not really sure why that response was as if I 100% support this decision tbh. Sorry? Not sure what else you wanted me to say. As far as I'm concerned even if he did state it that wouldn't have mattered because guilds would have taken advantage of it in the end because there is no guild feature. Which still would have spiked this outcome in the end.

As for the 4 man runs. Not sure about you but 4 man runs still get the job done in a rather good amount of time. If anything around the same time as 8 man. Not to mention the runs are indeed smoother performance wise. (Not sure about NA server since this is speaking from the KR server perspective so....take that with a grain of salt?.....I don't think that's the correct way to say it but yeah....you get the idea). But what I really wanna say is both the Quick Battle and the 4 Man run thing is the least of our worries in the end anyway.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Also about the Succubus Mate. The AI is hilariously bad. half of the raid bosses she just sits there and does nothing. Braha I can understand why. But......Eochaid, Regina, etc. Kappa
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 13, 2017

As for the 4 man runs. Not sure about you but 4 man runs still get the job done in a rather good amount of time. If anything around the same time as 8 man. Not to mention the runs are indeed smoother performance wise. (Not sure about NA server since this is speaking from the KR server perspective so....take that with a grain of salt?.....I don't think that's the correct way to say it but yeah....you get the idea). But what I really wanna say is both the Quick Battle and the 4 Man run thing is the least of our worries in the end anyway.

It all depends on if you have folks with +14/15 gear. If I stick 3 ~4k ad damage folks in any 4 man it will be done in ~3 min. Heck if one of us trans we usually don't even make it to the time where we should go to trans 2. 8 man was at least 2x longer, though to be honest we still had to hold off if we wanted break, etc.

As it stands my attacks are about 3-4 times stronger. And to comp for that they would have had to make S3 raids boss hp~2x more than what it was in 8 man... That didn't happen here. I think S3 bosses are now ~5.7 m hp so only a minor hp increase to the s3 bosses post rise.