[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Miri is now live on KR

The_VillainThe_Villain
Vindictus Rep: 1,550
in Future Content
So, Miri has been released in KR. When do you guys think NA is going to get her.. Along with all other content that we're damn near a year behind on lol..

'Cause I mean, I just kind of find it funny how the RISE update came through IMMEDIATELY despite a lot of negative feedback, yet we still have yet to even get Dullahan. It's been about two months since we got the Cearra story, which that was supposed to be included in the Neahmain update but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. What's the miscommunication between NA/EU and KR?

But yeah.. When do you think we're getting Miri/Story/Hurk 2nd Weapon updates? Lol

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited July 6, 2017
    Hurk's secondary expected this summer, summer ends in august*. Along with Dullahan

Miri is expected in Winter, ~December. Probably along with next episode/chapter/whatnot

Lynn's secondary expected in February, maybe March?

Guesstimations to times of arrival.
    RISE was specifically aimed to be globally released for unspecified reasons.
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    This is all "Global" server doing, which is trying to milk the game as much as possible by delaying all updates.
    With Rise, we have proof that they can quickly handle big changes to the server and also text translation. They unmasked themselves: we don't get all the content Korea has because they don't want to, not because they need time.
    V0lterixZaeadrasDravekThe_VillainKingRichRice
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited July 8, 2017
    'Cause I mean, I just kind of find it funny how the RISE update came through IMMEDIATELY despite a lot of negative feedback, yet we still have yet to even get Dullahan. It's been about two months since we got the Cearra story, which that was supposed to be included in the Neahmain update but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. What's the miscommunication between NA/EU and KR?
    As far I recall KR got Ceara story later on, so we did.
    Rise has been pushed by the developers globally, not just to us.

But yeah.. When do you think we're getting Miri/Story/Hurk 2nd Weapon updates? Lol
    I think Dullohan and Hurk this summer.

VinVin wrote: »
    This is all "Global" server doing, which is trying to milk the game as much as possible by delaying all updates.
    With Rise, we have proof that they can quickly handle big changes to the server and also text translation. They unmasked themselves: we don't get all the content Korea has because they don't want to, not because they need time.
    Content is and was usually prepared quite ahead before the actual release, and is available for testing earlier to Quality Assurance employees (Ehgess mentioned on stream he was testing/working on Rise update for a month?). We, and pretty much every other region/platform, don't get updates immediately probably because of license thingy, maybe extra motivated by "continuous" updates. Seemingly this is how it works in a lot of games Developed in Asia, published by various different companies across the world. Basically, regions which were earlier to purchase the game get content faster. There is/are region(s) who are content-wise behind us, "global" (more like North America + West/part of Central Europe). It's just that DevCat pushed Rise update globally, delaying other updates in queue by a month (but including partials of them, as always).

In other words: Technically they could bring up all updates we are lacking from KR, excluding the latest with delay up to a month, but are probably don't do that because of licensing. I think China went ahead of their schedule at least once, which probably costed them extra. Or maybe indeed they simply don't want stuff earlier, but that would be some kind of Nexon as a whole politics I guess?
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    I don't know about other games "developed in Korea" (except for S4 League), but Nexon's games are usually like this. Even their mobile games are 6 months behind in the global versions. Maybe it's just a Nexon policy towards westerners. It's the same thing they do with outfitters. They could easily put some old-school outfits for sale but they choose not to for whatever reasons. In EU, the Returned Female Doctor set hasn't been put up for sale since Halloween 2015. That's 2 years. That also means that no Arisha or Delia (both released after Halloween 2015) could have that set. It's so dumb. But what can you do. Nexon and their shananigans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯