[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Unbarable lag on europe server

Comments

• NoliNoli
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    ye , i been logging in just to get the rewards and stuff cuz i dont like to play alone i need ppl with me as it makes me feel alone and i'm not a pro genji so i die alot + since they removed raids of 8 ppl now it feels like thers no point for haveing a guild wich is sad
  • Eve_SIlverWindEve_SIlverWind
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    i once had a dream , it was 2017 and vindictus had no lag and we could play with steady 60 fps and multi core was working well
    Weiss_OswaldNoliController001Delteros
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Saygo wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We rolled out the potential fix, but many users are still experiencing plenty of lag. We are looking at all the users who are experiencing the lag and trying to pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately this issue is a little bit more difficult to diagnose. This is high priority to us and we are doing everything we can to find a resolution. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. I will do my best to keep you updated once I hear anything.

Work as hard as you can, and then even harder.
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    any one know if this issue also connected to SSO auth error iam getting when trying to log in ?
  • blu3for3v3rblu3for3v3r
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Noli wrote: »
    why wasn't europe server issues even mentioned along with australia server issues ?

Because we don't exist

Meteore
  • NoliNoli
    Noli wrote: »
    why wasn't europe server issues even mentioned along with australia server issues ?

Because we don't exist

it does feel like it , i mean the host for the na servers are probably way better then ours as we keep being set aside , cant say that its true but its sad that NA servers don't lag and europe does
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    Maybe rise infected the servers, better revert the update +cold
  • NoliNoli
    problem is aparently rise is like a piece of a puzzle , the updates that will come next cant happen if we don't have rise or thats what it sounded like when i was watching the rise stream i jsut wish there was no lag and the s3 raids where still 8 ppl
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    GM boyyzz , give us some informatioooon
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    JynXi wrote: »
    GM boyyzz , give us some informatioooon

The team will update as they can, but unless/until something changes, they may not post about it, certainly not daily.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • MeteoreMeteore
    Vindictus Rep: 370
    This Miri is like the Europe Sever - broken but pretending to be fine

i14024338321.jpg
    ErinieIBeepBeepImAJeepEve_SIlverWindNoliSirRFIAnthonytonyboyDelteros
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    Nice way to keep players in the game(?). Lag fest week 2 and counting...
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    edited June 30, 2017
    Omg. I moved from NA server to EU - because of lag with multi process. I dont know how is it possible, if i play with NA people, i have 2-3 bars, its ok. But multi process 1 bar. ?????? how
    So i level up in EU, all again... i do solo all up to 90, np 5 bars(ofcourse solo makes sense), then i got idea, to turn on multi process. Solo multi process - 1 bar. WHAT???? this doesnt make any sense.

Did i waste time, shouldve stayed on NA, cause its bug for all sides?? 2-3 bars were bearable. Why on NA with multi i have 1 bar? And why the hell on EU i have 1 bar? Soloing. I am czech, mid europe, few hundred km to EU servers (if they are still in germany, maybe they moved them????)
    I was playing for years tera and bns, both very ping dependant, with 160-190ish ping, all good. Not sure what to think.

So game moved towards solo friendly, leveling etc, breeze, thank you for this, it was nightmare to level. But now, in party, not a chance? LOL

edit: +ok i understand, errors might happen, but - its been over 2 weeks? how is this not fixed yet???
  • blu3for3v3rblu3for3v3r
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Have 2 weeks passed? I have the feeling that it will stay forever :#
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    edited June 30, 2017
    It's only been like 9 days I think xD
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    KikinaLn wrote: »
    I am czech, mid europe, few hundred km to EU servers (if they are still in germany, maybe they moved them????)

They were in Luxembourg. I wonder if they moved them. It was my first question to the NA staff after the migration but they haven't answered since then...
  • GlopperGlopper
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    It's a peer to peer based game, like many coop these days. Official servers only serve one purpose, authentication (through the whole session) and probably some controls on various aspects. It means that the real work is done by the party leader and some other players if you use multi process., this is why we used to see good / bad player hosts (related to your geographical situation with the player hosting as well as his connexion / PC specs for big groups). In other words, in this scenario, the location of the official server is less important.

What is weird, is that they decided to limit the size of almost all the raids to 4 players, and they still work on multi process. Come on, 2017 guys, I think today's PCs can face the hosting of 4 members. Still, something is wrong with the way they changed the hosting, and it seems linked to the multi process thingy, since it was working well before they started pushing it on all missions. This is how I see things.

It's a shame though, because since one week (it was not that bad during the first days of the update) it's impossible to play this game unless going solo which is no fun at all. My friend and I went playing something else, without any knowledge of when we will be able to carry on with Vindictus.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    thats all fine, but... how can i have 1 bar solo... data must be traveling somewhere, and who knows where... i suspect NA... which is fail... maybe someone can trace it, test it, i am quite tired by this

another part, even if that would be NA - i had 2-3 bars with normal hosting all the time (if host was in NY usually, it was 3 bars supersmooth - down to 2 bars some guy from peru - that was bit laggy few times, but playable) --- with multi process, 1 bar, unplayable... exactly like when i turn multiprocess in EU - but NA people play with multiprocess, do raids and all, noone complains much

this thing should be fixed promptly, and 2 weeks nothing - that smells like they dont care at all... i am in mmo scene about 7 years, and... havent seen this yet

vindi needs people, this patch could bring them, but, game has to be playable
  • GlopperGlopper
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    thats all fine, but... how can i have 1 bar solo... data must be traveling somewhere, and who knows where... i suspect NA... which is fail... maybe someone can trace it, test it, i am quite tired by this

A bug in the net code, or whatever the reason is, can surely makes you feel and display an awful latency and/or packet losses situation. Main work of the host is synchronisation which means he has to keep everybody up to date with all players activity (actions, movements, drops, etc.). Let's imagine each time you check multi process, and go solo, the net code still look for a secondary host to share the work with and has a timeout for each request : you'll end up with the same result (feeling and display) as if the host was a bad one. What I want to say is just that I don't think the localization of the main server(s) is really an issue here. If it was, there would be no situation in which the game is playable (even solo without multi process). Still, the game is unplayable, and that's the only thing that matters.
    this thing should be fixed promptly, and 2 weeks nothing - that smells like they dont care at all... i am in mmo scene about 7 years, and... havent seen this yet

I guess they are working on it, but it's not Blizzard and to make things worse we are living in Europe which probably put us on bottom of to do list. But you are right, this is a shame, and it's been too long now.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Glopper wrote: »
    A bug in the net code, or whatever the reason is, can surely makes you feel and display an awful latency and/or packet losses situation. Main work of the host is synchronisation which means he has to keep everybody up to date with all players activity (actions, movements, drops, etc.). Let's imagine each time you check multi process, and go solo, the net code still look for a secondary host to share the work with and has a timeout for each request : you'll end up with the same result (feeling and display) as if the host was a bad one. What I want to say is just that I don't think the localization of the main server(s) is really an issue here. If it was, there would be no situation in which the game is playable (even solo without multi process). Still, the game is unplayable, and that's the only thing that matters.

Vindi has always had a false peer-to-peer network model that means the load distribution doesn't work like for example at torrents. And the party host is a non-authoritative host that means the server is the authoritative host that communicates with the party host and the other party members frequently. Probably it doesn't need to carry the full load of every tick (tickrate is the reason the fps is capped at 60), but the peers should constantly communicate with the authoritative server to notify it about certain events. So the load might be distributed between the authoritative and non-authoritative host in a way that the authoritative host communicates with the peers on a different tickrate but it still needs to communicate with them to avoid cheating.

It's just an assumption of course. I may not be fully right. There are a lot of techniques to implement a peer-to-peer network model and considering how aggressive Vindi's anti-cheat mechanism is and since it can't check for proxies it has to solve this problem in a similar way to what i mentioned.