[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

WTF, pioneer of change title

BownerBowner
Vindictus Rep: 1,775
in General Discussion
So when has titles come with limited amount of time for stats boost? that is soo sad that they cant reward people the stats for perm. this game never gives anything worth having anymore for free, you have to spend to get.

Comments

• IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    is the title shared across the account or are we expected to get it on everyone?
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    edited June 24, 2017
    Bowner wrote: »
    this game never gives anything worth having anymore for free, you have to spend to get.

This just isn't true. I've been playing Vindi for 4-5 years now and this game has only gotten easier. You get all kinds of free stuff worth having like all of the level up armor and weapons which didn't used to be a thing. You had to grind for mats or get really lucky and land a rare drop to make your own gear or sell the drop and buy something worth having off the MP and the RNG for these rare drops has only gotten better overtime. Further, Vindictus is constantly having events. Often 2 or 3 different one's going on at once. While in the past events were a rare thing and most of the time pretty crappy imo hardly giving out anything worth anything at all, including Enchant/Enhance runes. Now this stuff if given out like candy to those willing to put in the time and effort to actually do some farming giving us the chance to get at least one or two of each of these runes with nearly every event.

My Sylas is very well geared now including a +15 Immoral/Judgment full orange termi. weapon. Almost every piece of my gear was crafted by friends of mine for me and all my armor + weapon started out as non-enchanted full Purple gear which I enhanced AND enchanted myself. Not a single OJ or Enchant on any of it. All of my accessories were bought off the MP Clean and I enchanted all of them myself. Except for my Innocent Tear and my Woeful Belt which I npc crafted after farming the mats for them and then enchanted.

To top all of that off. DevCat now gives us events we can farm Outfitters from. This never used to be the case except in extremely rare instances (maybe once a year) where we could get a silly hat or something. I now have 4 full Outfits I managed to farm from these events over the past year and a half. All of them were free.

Then we got something really cool. Pets could be listed on the MarketPlace and a polar bear was given out for free if you bothered to participate in the X-mas event. Until a year ago I never had a pet. Now I have 3 of them. All free. . .

I have spent around $120 on NX since I started playing this game and a lot of that actually went to things like expanding Guild Membership for my guild or increasing Guild Storage for the guild. So yeah, it would be nice if the title stat was active all the time and applied to all your characters but it's really nothing special even if it did. The fact is that players now have a much easier time leveling (even before Rise update) and many opportunity's to get very valuable items for free.
    XieKayoAemskeyAibou
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    this title does NOT give any stats, so your argument is invalid
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ It does, for the duration of the event.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Event titles never* have given stats before, big difference now. Heck, it's a bonus that it gives something even just during the event duration.

*citation missing
  • BownerBowner
    7thRonin wrote: »
    this game never gives anything worth having anymore for free, you have to spend to get.

This just isn't true. I've been playing Vindi for 4-5 years now and this game has only gotten easier. You get all kinds of free stuff worth having like all of the level up armor and weapons which didn't used to be a thing. You had to grind for mats or get really lucky and land a rare drop to make your own gear or sell the drop and buy something worth having off the MP and the RNG for these rare drops has only gotten better overtime. Further, Vindictus is constantly having events. Often 2 or 3 different one's going on at once. While in the past events were a rare thing and most of the time pretty crappy imo hardly giving out anything worth anything at all, including Enchant/Enhance runes. Now this stuff if given out like candy to those willing to put in the time and effort to actually do some farming giving us the chance to get at least one or two of each of these runes with nearly every event.

My Sylas is very well geared now including a +15 Immoral/Judgment full orange termi. weapon. Almost every piece of my gear was crafted by friends of mine for me and all my armor + weapon started out as non-enchanted full Purple gear which I enhanced AND enchanted myself. Not a single OJ or Enchant on any of it. All of my accessories were bought off the MP Clean and I enchanted all of them myself. Except for my Innocent Tear and my Woeful Belt which I npc crafted after farming the mats for them and then enchanted.

To top all of that off. DevCat now gives us events we can farm Outfitters from. This never used to be the case except in extremely rare instances (maybe once a year) where we could get a silly hat or something. I now have 4 full Outfits I managed to farm from these events over the past year and a half. All of them were free.

Then we got something really cool. Pets could be listed on the MarketPlace and a polar bear was given out for free if you bothered to participate in the X-mas event. Until a year ago I never had a pet. Now I have 3 of them. All free. . .

I have spent around $120 on NX since I started playing this game and a lot of that actually went to things like expanding Guild Membership for my guild or increasing Guild Storage for the guild. So yeah, it would be nice if the title stat was active all the time and applied to all your characters but it's really nothing special even if it did. The fact is that players now have a much easier time leveling (even before Rise update) and many opportunity's to get very valuable items for free.

i played from day one of vindi eu. i was around when you didnt get stats for leveling only stats from farming titles which i did. i agree that people are getting stuff far too easily nowadays but look at the raids like naim, without them giving people stuff, it is impossible for people to do unless they spend a lot.
    And im sorry $120 in 5 years..... that made me chuckle.

• BownerBowner
    Bull wrote: »
    this title does NOT give any stats, so your argument is invalid

well i got 500 att/matt ..
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    edited June 27, 2017
    i played from day one of vindi eu. i was around when you didnt get stats for leveling only stats from farming titles which i did. i agree that people are getting stuff far too easily nowadays but look at the raids like naim, without them giving people stuff, it is impossible for people to do unless they spend a lot.
    And im sorry $120 in 5 years..... that made me chuckle.

Made you chuckle huh? - Not really sure why you think that's funny, but I don't appreciate the implication that I'm a liar. This is as far back as this accounts record goes.

Jun 6, 2016 Vindictus-Premium Marketplace License 490
    Jun 4, 2016 Vindictus-Premium Marketplace License 490
    May 31, 2016 Vindictus-Premium Marketplace License 490
    May 31, 2016 Vindictus-Premium Marketplace License 490
    May 29, 2016 Vindictus-Goddess Grace (Value) 300
    May 16, 2016 Vindictus-Premium Marketplace License 490
    May 10, 2016 Vindictus-Goddess Grace 300
    Mar 28, 2016 Vindictus-Guild Expansion License (50) 7,900
    Mar 28, 2016 Prepaid-NX Card 10000 NX 10,000
    Mar 24, 2016 Vindictus-Goddess Grace (Value) 300
    Mar 7, 2016 Vindictus-Guild Storage Expansion Coupon 7,900
    Mar 7, 2016 Prepaid-NX Card 10000 NX 10,000
    Mar 7, 2016 Prepaid-NX Card 10000 NX 10,000
    Mar 4, 2016 Vindictus-Unbinding Potion 5,400
    Feb 24, 2016 Vindictus-Premium Marketplace License 490
    Feb 24, 2016 Vindictus-Unbinding Potion 5,400
    Feb 15, 2016 Vindictus-Enchant Rune 8,900
    Feb 11, 2016 Prepaid-NX Card 25000 NX 25,000
    Dec 30, 2015 Vindictus-Max Durability Increase Potion 600
    Dec 30, 2015 Vindictus-Max Durability Increase Potion 600
    Oct 31, 2015 Vindictus-Max Durability Increase Potion 600
    Oct 28, 2015 Vindictus-5th Anniversary Sale Braha Battle Box (Event) 555
    Oct 28, 2015 Vindictus-5th Anniversary Sale Regina Battle Box (Event) 555
    Oct 28, 2015 Vindictus-5th Anniversary Sale Lord Glas Battle Box (Event) 555
    Oct 28, 2015 Vindictus-5th Anniversary Sale Weapon Fusion Rune (Event) 555
    Oct 27, 2015 Vindictus-5th Anniversary Sale Enhancement Rune (Event) 555
    Oct 27, 2015 Vindictus-5th Anniversary Sale Enchant Rune (Event) 555
    Oct 27, 2015 Vindictus-5th Anniversary Sale Unbind Potion (Event) 555
    Oct 26, 2015 Vindictus-Enchant Rune 8,900
    Oct 22, 2015 Prepaid-NX Card 15000 NX 15,000

• ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    *chuckles* Haven't spent a dime
    Bowner
  • KelemaKelema
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    edited June 27, 2017
    *laughs* 4 years and I haven't lost a penny to this game.
    Bowner
  • BownerBowner
    Kelema wrote: »
    *laughs* 4 years and I haven't lost a penny to this game.

its not really about losing it is about supporting the game. a lot of people don't realise is that without NX buyers the game will not exist. They dont just run a game for free lol
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    So your point here is that you should have the 500 ATT/MATT from the title, basically for free (because logging in for one hour for 8 days requires that much effort), permanently ? Yeah that's so legit right.... Be glad it at least gives something, even for a limited time.

Also i don't understand the people bragging about not having spent anything on this game, i mean, good for you, but it's not like it's a big achievement, and besides if we didn't have whales, we wouldn't be able to play anymore because the game would have closed down already.
    Bowner
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    edited June 28, 2017
    I'm 'bragging' because it takes a **** load of work to get to where I'm at without paying for it and I'm proud of that. It IS a big achievement and takes a lot of time and effort. You seem to have missed my entire point which was addressing, "this game never gives anything worth having anymore for free, you have to spend to get." It just makes it much much easier. I'm trying to keep people interested in the game not turn them away from it.
    it is impossible for people to do unless they spend a lot.

Yes, it is extremely difficult and I've often complained about the same issue. I was hoping the Rise update would fix this, but the fact you can't even continue to try and enhance items that have already been boomed makes this nearly impossible now.

I'm grateful for all you 'whales' out there because frankly I just don't have the money to spend like that. It just irritates me when those players act high and mighty because their stats carry them through everything and they think this makes them good players simply because they get top deeps.

• AeledingAeleding
    It just irritates me when those players act high and mighty because their stats carry them through everything and they think this makes them good players simply because they get top deeps.

Not every whale is like that (thank god), but i do agree that people deluding themselves into thinking that using their money will make them good are the worst, they are the same that think the player rankings actually mean something :*
    But you can easily recognize this type of people and avoid them, so well that's not that big of a problem...
    7thRonin
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 28, 2017
    Dunno free enhance and enchant runes along with lubbers and +10 coupons have helped me gear tremendously. Haven't bought any runes ever and my gear is looking fine so far. Sure I can't run Neam, but I only lack some small stats and also the drive to finish s3 though I'm saving it for exp reason when 95 comes... If I farmed a little more and focused on gearing 1 char instead of 2, I would certainly have been able to run Neam long ago. But I'd rather gear 2 fro Dully runs than 1 for neam.
  • BownerBowner
    Aeleding wrote: »
    So your point here is that you should have the 500 ATT/MATT from the title, basically for free (because logging in for one hour for 8 days requires that much effort), permanently ? Yeah that's so legit right.... Be glad it at least gives something, even for a limited time.

Also i don't understand the people bragging about not having spent anything on this game, i mean, good for you, but it's not like it's a big achievement, and besides if we didn't have whales, we wouldn't be able to play anymore because the game would have closed down already.

why not? the game is getting harder and a little extra att never goes a miss. you are just shallow minded and thinking about the top players, what about the lower players who can't get a +11. i know plenty of have failed 10+ runes attempting to go to +11 and failed them all. not everyone in game has a lot of attack and when leveling, 500 extra att is a lot.
  • BownerBowner
    I'm 'bragging' because it takes a **** load of work to get to where I'm at without paying for it and I'm proud of that. It IS a big achievement and takes a lot of time and effort. You seem to have missed my entire point which was addressing, "this game never gives anything worth having anymore for free, you have to spend to get." It just makes it much much easier. I'm trying to keep people interested in the game not turn them away from it.
    it is impossible for people to do unless they spend a lot.

Yes, it is extremely difficult and I've often complained about the same issue. I was hoping the Rise update would fix this, but the fact you can't even continue to try and enhance items that have already been boomed makes this nearly impossible now.

I'm grateful for all you 'whales' out there because frankly I just don't have the money to spend like that. It just irritates me when those players act high and mighty because their stats carry them through everything and they think this makes them good players simply because they get top deeps.

hats off to you, it is hard to farm all the time just to get some gold, i have done it before and it is a lot of time and effort but i got older and don't have 8+ hours a day spare anymore lol. it is a good achievement to farm everything and have good gear after all that is what this game was originally about and i agree, they dont give anything for free ANYMORE because they used to give us a lot and then they got greedy to the point of hardly giving us anything.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    So when has titles come with limited amount of time for stats boost? that is soo sad that they cant reward people the stats for perm. this game never gives anything worth having anymore for free, you have to spend to get.

Take advantage of it. That is a lot of stats on a title that will stack with other items. Usually they just give us a necklace item that expires after 30 days, but this will stack with those.
    Bowner
  • AeledingAeleding
    Aeleding wrote: »

why not? the game is getting harder and a little extra att never goes a miss. you are just shallow minded and thinking about the top players, what about the lower players who can't get a +11. i know plenty of have failed 10+ runes attempting to go to +11 and failed them all. not everyone in game has a lot of attack and when leveling, 500 extra att is a lot.

I suppose i haven't explained myself properly before, guess the implications of having limited time titles give huge stats aren't that obvious for everyone...
    So let me explain when i say this. They release updates to try and get new people to stick into the game, but new people won't flock to the game right after the changes are implemented, there has to be some reviews first which could potentially lead people to start the game. By the time these people actually begin to play, the title is gone already.
    And that's where the problem starts. Because those people will lag behind of 500 ATT while being already total beginners, which creates even more of a gap between them and the top players, so the amount of effort/grind they have to put in to get at the top will be harder to climb than before, which would potentially lead them to give up/go elsewhere. Not to consider that the devs would be like 'Hey we gave everyone 500 free ATT, let's create a new boss with even more DEF than before, because they got all that ATT for free !' It is precisely for that reason that devcat cannot and will not give huge stats on event titles. As i said, it's already good enough that it gives something for the event period, but it shouldn't have an impact on the future balance of stats between players.

Calling me shallow-minded because i'm 'thinking about the top players' when i made that point especially for the newbies starting vindictus, allow me to laugh a little about that...
    So before posting nonsense because you selfishly want something for yourself, just try to consider all the possibilities, especially the ones that could potentially hurt balance in the future (if there is a future for this game that is :rolleyes:)
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited July 1, 2017
    This whole thread made me look at the first time I spent money on this game.

Jun 17, 2011 Prepaid-NX Card 10000 NX 10,000

Whisper me if you want my full list of spent cash on Nexon in general :*