[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

My Pet Killed Glas Ghaibhleann while I was AFK

IoveIove
Vindictus Rep: 515
in General Discussion
I joined the Glas Ghaibhleann Raid in Rocheste alone (so boring now, but I need to go to all Raids alone because nobody wants 5 seconds raids...) and then I needed to go AFK afap, I wouldn't care if I die anymore in Vindictus.

Results:
After a few minutes I wasn't even killed, and my pet defeated the boss itself. And It's a Panda.
DelterosKayoAemskey

Comments

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    That's a very strange behaviour because pandas usually eat bamboo not Glas.
    PixelPantsuXieDokkunShiningForceDelterosGwyndolaineKayoAemskeySLAMMENING420TetsujinOrder5and 1 other.
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    edited June 28, 2017
    Id say this is fake for a few reason
    Pets Cannot kill Boss enemies they will leave em with 1 HP that was always the case. Unless That is Changed in Rise (ill Test and reWrite Or edit)
    And Pets Do not hit as hard as to do like 50-80k DMG or however Stupid small amount of Hp the bosses have.

Ill go test on glas as well and if i see my pet Wolf Or gremlin Defeating him in like 5 minutes then ill edit this saying you were right.
    But before testing.. this sounds like a fat lie

Edit1: Welp maint is ongoing so that ll take a while..

Edit2 : Allright so i did test this out. Panda has more DPS than wolf apparently who knew... Well any way. it took me 14 minutes for my lvl 30 panta to solo Glas AND as i said Pets can NOT deal the finishing Blow.
    In those 14 minutes i HAD to use trans as A healing method and a repair kit as i tried to not Dodge a lot Since A) you were afk and B) i was pillar karok and my dodge Did double The dmg of my pets atks .

So in a way Pets Can "KINDA" solo but going afk and leaving your pet to solo there is now way youd survive. I had 11k defence in that battle. DUNNO if ya have like 14 or so if that would change the DMG received that much
    Order5Meta
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Glas from rocheste has less than 50k HP, I can one shot it with Paladin's spear even with no armor.
    I wouldn't be surprised that after like 10 minutes the pet would kill it.
    Xie
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Iove wrote: »
    ... and then I needed to go AFK afap.

Oh-I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg
    7thRoninXieSLAMMENING420
  • blu3for3v3rblu3for3v3r
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    now your pet its ready for Ein Lacher mode :p
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    edited June 28, 2017
    Allright so i did test this out. Panda has more DPS than wolf apparently who knew... Well any way. it took me 14 minutes for my lvl 30 panta to solo Glas AND as i said Pets can NOT deal the finishing Blow.
    In those 14 minutes i HAD to use trans as A healing method and a repair kit as i tried to not Dodge a lot Since A) you were afk and B) i was pillar karok and my dodge Did double The dmg of my pets atks .

Edit Added to my first post.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    edited June 28, 2017
    XaldinZ wrote: »
    Allright so i did test this out. Panda has more DPS than wolf apparently who knew... Well any way. it took me 14 minutes for my lvl 30 panta to solo Glas AND as i said Pets can NOT deal the finishing Blow.

Edit Added to my first post.

You did this as a Karok but I can see how this would work differently with an evie. For one, Evies have a passive perpetual heal because of mana shield. So if Glas doesn't deliver consistent hits and if her defense is high enough I can see her not dying even when afk for a long while. Also, at the beginning of the run, if Evie uses bloody thread and/or mark of death then Glas would surely die instantly once the pet got his HP low enough. Those spells do continuous damage for up to an half hour.

Edit: Oh and 11k def is high but not that high. I've seen evies with 15k def and that makes a big difference. Glas would do next to nothing in damage, only like a 100 or so per swing. Again, combine that with passive heal and inconsistent strikes on his part and she might as well be Kirito from SOE.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 28, 2017
    Yes, but pets can still use the environment to kill bosses...can't they? Cromm constantly hurts himself on the wood in his arena.