[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

post-rise goals?

SuhpremeSuhpreme
Vindictus Rep: 3,935
edited June 25, 2017 in General Discussion
now that things have become slightly more or less easier, do you still have goals within Vindictus?

+15 weapon still my goal tbh +cold

Comments

• OfeliaOfelia
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    my goal is to win the hearts and minds of all the native players here in vindictus :D
    SuhpremeEnigmaTaro
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I have none. The current state of the game isn't worth the effort of trying to do any kind of progression.

Before the update actually dropped and I found out how badly they'd messed it up, however, my goal was to actually start enjoying my alts more and to continue having fun doing all content. I enjoyed the combat of Vindi paired with the social aspects. The challenge is gone for all but S3, and S3 Hero at that really, and the power creep to do that area on even my mains? Nah.

If they ever revert some of the changes to make the game more social again and to make it so that even in the best gear Hero S1 can be a challenge for all, and so that S1 Hard is a challenge for a good number of players--and that mode actually gets put back into the game--I'd love to get back into things.

I have multiple +15s and I'll tell you that they don't make those 4 person runs feel any less lonely, hah. I really, really enjoyed doing a Royal Army Polar Bear run and just seeing a large group interacting again. Massively Multiplayer Online, and DevCat has taken that away for most of the battles.

Sorry for the diatribe, I just really am let down that the game has been turned into this when this update had the potential to make the game amazing for both old and new players alike.
    BloodAngelAmethystEndDelterosarkaine757SaintGuinnessLazutMintchimisakamisakaFlufffyParrotDillonz
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Ofelia wrote: »
    my goal is to win the hearts and minds of all the native players here in vindictus :D
    Same, plus title farming and anything to help me explore this game further. Other people can cry about enhancement change and stuff but we had enough time to prep.
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    My goals are to get 600 titles on all my female characters (and my friends char) and finish their outfits.

Not really sure what else to do tbh
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Just hang on for time limited titles really. Maybe they'll eventually fix the game...
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    edited June 26, 2017
    I have none. The current state of the game isn't worth the effort of trying to do any kind of progression.

Before the update actually dropped and I found out how badly they'd messed it up, however, my goal was to actually start enjoying my alts more and to continue having fun doing all content. I enjoyed the combat of Vindi paired with the social aspects. The challenge is gone for all but S3, and S3 Hero at that really, and the power creep to do that area on even my mains? Nah.

If they ever revert some of the changes to make the game more social again and to make it so that even in the best gear Hero S1 can be a challenge for all, and so that S1 Hard is a challenge for a good number of players--and that mode actually gets put back into the game--I'd love to get back into things.

I have multiple +15s and I'll tell you that they don't make those 4 person runs feel any less lonely, hah. I really, really enjoyed doing a Royal Army Polar Bear run and just seeing a large group interacting again. Massively Multiplayer Online, and DevCat has taken that away for most of the battles.

Sorry for the diatribe, I just really am let down that the game has been turned into this when this update had the potential to make the game amazing for both old and new players alike.

Every single post of yours from the last week has been like this.Trashing the game and devs and spreading bullshit just because you personally don't enjoy it anymore.If you hate this game so much stop posting and gtfo to another game.Or maybe NX is holding you hostage and we don't know?|
    Plakster
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    Dunno really. Think imma just gear My mains even further for the Hero Modes/ S3 since thats the only thing worthwhile anymore.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    gogoshica wrote: »
    Every single post of yours from the last week has been like this.Trashing the game and devs and spreading bullshit just because you personally don't enjoy it anymore.If you hate this game so much stop posting and gtfo to another game.Or maybe NX is holding you hostage and we don't know?|

Its a garbage update that 80% of the people are more negative than positive about so there good reason to be upset about it. You really shouldn't fanboy for companies that care so little about the player.

Lazut
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430

He's a player and he has the right to give his opinion.
    If he still here giving a negative feedback it's because he care about this game, and if you don't like it you can ignore it and move on.

About post rise goals, find another game.
  • KonpakuKonpaku
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    Maybe try a neamhain solo. Game's definitely not easy as people claimed when "relevant" content doesn't get nerfed.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    edited June 26, 2017

If you take a look at other mmos, there are plenty I wont give names. Would a high end gear player face a challenge when going back to low level content? I'll tell you right now, you will one shot and decimate everything in your path and you will get 0 exp and 0 gold for doing so. The low level content is meant to start you out, to ease you into the game, and that is what I think the developers tried to accomplish and did to a certain degree.

If Vindictus is trying to be something other than an mmo, that's another discussion.

I don't agree neither with all of the changes that have been made, but in some part I understand what they are trying to do and who knows in the future maybe some things will change.

• gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Mixxia wrote: »

Its a garbage update that 80% of the people are more negative than positive about so there good reason to be upset about it. You really shouldn't fanboy for companies that care so little about the player.

90% of this community bitches about every update or little change devs do and threaten they quit playing.On new char release/update everyone is back for a couple weeks and ready to flame nx/devcat to the ground once again.It's a never-ending cycle of kids whining because they will never be pleased with anything NX does.I don't believe NX is a fantastic company either,but at this point I seriously can't tell what change is good/bad because everyone makes it look like apocalypse arrived for VindictusNA while that's obviously not the case ingame.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 26, 2017
    90% of this community bitches about every update or little change devs do and threaten they quit playing.On new char release/update everyone is back for a couple weeks and ready to flame nx/devcat to the ground once again.It's a never-ending cycle of kids whining because they will never be pleased with anything NX does.I don't believe NX is a fantastic company either,but at this point I seriously can't tell what change is good/bad because everyone makes it look like apocalypse arrived for VindictusNA while that's obviously not the case ingame.

You exaggerate things and you don't seem to understand what complaining is. It's not something that you have to deal with so keep calm. Nexon isn't stupid and they know that they won't be treated like a princess.

Fully whine posts are very rare on the forum. At least what i noticed of it.

On topic:
    I'm going with the flow. I don't really have a goal in the game. Probably my only goal is to have fun with friends and randoms but i'm not sure. Maybe i should look at this game as if it was a competition?
    Order5SlothPrincessLazut
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    now that things have become slightly more or less easier, do you still have goals within Vindictus?

+15 weapon still my goal tbh +cold

I suppose get more titles or gold. I don't want to make a male character but I do believe Haggie is by far the strongest and comes with the best move set. I have erased most of my characters and have limited myself to only Arisha and Lynn. I find myself enjoying Lynn more but Arisha is stronger. What takes the most amount of time is leveling up every character.
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    edited June 26, 2017
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    I suppose get more titles or gold. I don't want to make a male character but I do believe Haggie is by far the strongest and comes with the best move set. I have erased most of my characters and have limited myself to only Arisha and Lynn. I find myself enjoying Lynn more but Arisha is stronger. What takes the most amount of time is leveling up every character.

You d be suprised how easy it is to level up now tbh. especialy with s2 quest maps being available at all times.
    i started an evie even tho i have a lvl 90 allready just to check the changes to the story progression and the New palladin/DK story and youd be suprised how fast i reached lvl 65. id say about... 5 hours? 7 Max
    I had two chars at lvl 70-75 and in the double exp event i got em lvl 90 in one hour each with the s2 maps
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    Konpaku wrote: »
    Maybe try a neamhain solo. Game's definitely not easy as people claimed when "relevant" content doesn't get nerfed.

It's actually easier to solo her post-rise
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I'm still busy testing out the changes and watching the stream of bug reports flow in at the moment. I do have a few projects planned for whenever I give up on it though.

1) Level my staff Evie to 90. I suck at staffie, and I can't even solo Kraken with trans right now due tot he lag and OP adds (it only takes 4 crabs to surround and stagger me to death). I'm using a +3 Nighthawk staff because that's all I picked up.

2) Armadillo Abomination armor. I might be able to craft myself a Berbhe set now that orange pieces are easier to obtain and Armadillo scrolls are both easy to get and no longer break equipment. Enhancement is another issue though... I am also on the fence because the only stat that really matters anymore is Additional Damage - even DEF doesn't seem as strong as it was before Rise! update.

3) Tutelary Sentinel Terminus Sentinel Armor. Since Sentinel ES is no longer restricted to heavy and plate armor, I can make this funny name.

4) 18k DEF Lynn. Currently waiting on another Twilight ES before I even attempt other scrolls. I've been sitting at 14k DEF for 8 months now with just a full orange Tutelary Regina set infused. I was waiting for more Enchant runes before attempting Resistant scrolls, but that's no longer necessary I guess.

5) Find a group of 12 friends to do Royal Army. I used to run Royal Army quite frequently, but I stopped because there are too many people who aren't being team members at the moment.

The Rise! update really killed off a bunch of my side projects, which made me put a lot of my characters into early retirement. However, they've all worked hard and deserve to rest.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    - Take advantage of the event and level cap the characters I don't use to 90
    - Finish enchanting my gear
    - Stay logged on for them event gloves
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited June 26, 2017
    - Neamhain
    - titles

I've played around with the new gearing system and it's pretty great (except +20). Was tempted to go gear my alts but with lvl 95 gear coming around the corner ... I'm holding off on finishing gearing my main and alt ... maybe play another game or something until then ... X.x Zzzz
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited June 26, 2017
    play for the look while trying to figure out the goals...literally just gonna try to perfect my lovely arisha further (which there's pretty mucn none, that's why i only afk and do neam now) while waiting my next miri waifu.