[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Update made you/friends quit? Please sign here.

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
edited June 25, 2017 in General Discussion
This thread is not to argue and fight or to cause issue. I'd simply like to get an idea of how many who frequent the forums or their friends and guildies have left the game or stopped spending money in light of the recent update. Please feel free to give details for your decision as you like.

Please keep this civil. Those with opposing views are free to start your own thread in support of everything wonderful about the update in their opinions.

If possible, please include what, if anything, would cause you to return to the game or start spending again.

I will not spend another dollar until:
1) 6 and 8 player battles are returned as they were.

2) Attack speed is restored. It seems from playing so far that to encourage players to eventually push for +20 the effective speed at each enhance level has been tuned down. Maybe this is unintentional, but with everything else that has happened it definitely does not feel that way and players are rather upset that the effort they've put into increasing that stat counts for less than ever.

3) The unnecessary gear score requirements for the raids are removed. When players with full orange +15 90s don't meet the requirements for Special battles something is very off. Suddenly gating players out of content that they could do regularly before is unfair and only worsens what is becoming a less populated game by the day.

I understand that many players in KR have presented their issues as well, and I'd like to do the same with ours in a clear, concise way. Thanks for the help, everyone.
Gewelliriousarkaine757Shiina06AmethystEndDelteros

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited June 25, 2017
    Not really minding about spending money as I was already not spending much at all for this game, except when I really could. With this update yeah, I will surely not spend anything even if I can..

As for this game, I'll pretty much simply take it as fashion simulator, since gear drops like no tomorrow, will simply fashion-gear my chars and call it goal completed.
    My friend, which is in the top 20 Evie was literally disgusted of this update as well, we did one dungeon literally and we logged off, it was just utter SH*T. Feeling sorry for ruining her mood as well by taking her in-game.. this is just.. at this point I'm laughing more than being sad. Forget about getting hit, I literally facetanked the whole BCE since I can't get knockback anymore.. poor berserkers exploding right next to me and only damaging my mana shields w/ NO negative effects at all, I really felt bad for them.

So yeah, I sign there : Gewellirious, Gewelle, whatever...
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I kind of quit, not a full quit since I might still log every once in a blue moon or when some new content is added but for 1-2 days at most, I don't see myself coming back in full unless the additional damage is reverted. That one change took all the fun in the game for me. I would like the 8 man raids to come back too but I could put up with that change. If they actually start selling +15 runes (gacha or not) I would fully quit at that point
    Xie
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    edited June 25, 2017
    I want to quit because there's barely any outfitters but ill just wait till next update to decide
    7th_Sister
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited June 25, 2017
    I got back and I like this update. Your character has less attack speed now go make a short character and name it stumpy. I want to see more content about Lynn's umbrella. Before quitting previously I have deleted most of my characters. I may have regretted deleting my Fiona, would rather see a female version of Haggie.
  • aelysiaaelysia
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    I'm gonna have a couple dozen boomed 90 weaps chilling in my shop because of this crap enhancement update. Sad panda.
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380
    edited June 25, 2017
    None of you will quit.

Nonetheless, this update actually made me start playing again since I can...you know, ACTUALLY semi-gear my alts now in less than 5 years. I'm still baffled that they gave you a full set of +10 gear....that won't expire....and isn't pure garbage. The QoL changes should have been in this game 4 years ago. The one thing that utterly pissed me off with this game was how ludicrously impossible it was to achieve any gear progression and it was addressed in this update. Now that scrolls/gear are easier to get and you can list them on the MP, and there is a flat tax on all MP listings, it will drive down the unfathomable inflation this game's economy has been suffering from for years. It provides a more consistent way for everyone to make a little gold and newer players can actually participate in the market economy.

I prefer easier gear progression in games, bur I don't really like the changes to raids (even though I play completely solo) and decrease in difficulty in gameplay. You can't get everything you want in life so I'm fine with it. I personally don't mind a easier game. There are still the Hero mode difficulty for most of the bosses which is still pretty hard.

I feel this update will do a lot more good than harm in the long run but I guess we will see as time goes on.
    erthosPhoebeHalliwelMOOCOWKINGKiyoujiChiyemiPixelPantsu7th_Sister
  • FuhrerFuhrer
    Vindictus Rep: 385
    edited June 25, 2017
    I don't really care about the other stuff too much, but turning every S1/S2 battle into a 10 second button mashing yawnfest is unbelievable. It's mindlessly easy, and despite really wanting to play, this just isn't fun. I don't care how S3 is if everything leading up to it is ruined. I don't think I'll ever play again if it stays this way.
    XieGwyndolaineLazutDownIoadKayoAemskey7thRonin
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    i started playing vindi again and so did a couple friends; gr8 upddate
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    The patch makes playing with alters more funny and playing with your main more boring. If you didn't completed einrach before, do it now, it's one of the few things that are still challenging, even with the -50% hp reduction, since you NEED to dodge if you want gold medals, tanking is not an option there. The rest is a joke, since you can tank most of the things with insta-heal potions now. I think they even do less damage than before, atleast the s3 bosses.
    XieShiina06
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I only play when guildies get on and want to raid or mess around, and since we're all busy we almost never do so I've pretty much quit.
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited June 25, 2017
    Yes, my friends/guild quitted.

My guild had 12 members last year.
    Before rise we were only 4, including myself.

2 left because they were not interested in the game anymore.
    A friend mine was a enthusiastic player, since 2011, he finally exploded 3 +14 and 1 +13
    No backup weapons, only some gold left, probably enough to buy one +12, he uninstalled the game last friday.

My plans was "Buy a +15 90 and lets keep going"
    There was 2 +15 90 tradables
    The first went +16 by someone who is not trustworth
    The second one already exploded.

No friends left, no new weapons to recover my excitement.
    That's what "Rise" did for me and my friends so far.

I'm not quitting, BUT i'm also not spending time/money on Vind for now.
    What killed the game was the ADD damage buff and 4 man raid, imo.
    MochiSweet
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited June 25, 2017
    arkaine757 wrote: »

You can still restore the boomed weapon provided you haven't used this method in the past. Just send a ticket to support.
    7th_Sister
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    My friends were slowly quitting starting from the gap between S2 and S3 and then again during S3, and eventually migration → TIR and XE removal and IP restrictions made last step for them. After patch I see more people online and all around, but better question is how many of them will continue to play. Keep in mind some people were playing this game too long, so it's not just the update to be blamed.
    What we need is fresh blood from some advertisements - Nexon gaming platform wide events (like between games, in example: reach 60lv in Vindictus to get free stuff in Maple Story) may be cheap and somewhat effective method to obtain new players.
    Xie7th_Sister
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Main reason I quit is that your damage now is significantly based on your gear and skill plays next to zero role in it now. Pre RISE you could pull off nice numbers just by being a skilled player if you knew what you were doing, now even if you play perfectly, someone with 2k more additional damage than you will beat you in damage by double digits with ease. Oh that and also cause my enchanted terminus sentinel set is all +0 so my ad damage is pretty shitty.
    arkaine757Xie7thRonin
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    arkaine757 wrote: »

You can still restore the boomed weapon provided you haven't used this method in the past. Just send a ticket to support.

No no, she's not mine, the second weapon was a +15 90's and it was tradable, but the owner decided to try +16 instead sell it later.

My point is, Rise killed 2 possible weapons for sale in one day, one because it's restored, and the other one because it's outside the +15 range price.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    I was so disinterested in this game already I even forgot to log in before the update to blow up my weapons.
    I haven't logged in in over two weeks now.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    Main reason I quit is that your damage now is significantly based on your gear and skill plays next to zero role in it now. Pre RISE you could pull off nice numbers just by being a skilled player if you knew what you were doing, now even if you play perfectly, someone with 2k more additional damage than you will beat you in damage by double digits with ease. Oh that and also cause my enchanted terminus sentinel set is all +0 so my ad damage is pretty shitty.
    Skill played even bigger role in XE, where some of your smashes benefited of combo → extra damage for not being hit for a while.
    You should have gotten free random 90lv +10 scrolled set + weapon(s) though.
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited June 25, 2017
    I stopped spending money on Vindi a few years ago, and it's the best decision I ever made ingame. If you play enough, you can buy pretty much anything you want with gold alone. Just need to put in alot of time and patience to hunt for items and deals. This update made my years of not spending any money, feel extremely good. I did waste alot of my money though on RNG gambling during Vindi's glory days, but atleast it was back when the game was great. Even though the enhancement system was still bad(before item ressing was introduced).

If they really wanted my money, then they'd have to create a private ladder server using the original Vindi launch code. Just reset the clock and have nightmare 1 shot Gnoll Cheiftain back. They'd have to import all the currently developed characters though for it. I'm not saying start back with just Evie, Lann, Fio as the only choices. Then release old updates every month, which should slowly climb into full S1/S2/S3 content and etc. With old update bugs fixed before hand. Skipping the RISE update of course. Then they'd have to rework the enhancement system to a progression model. Like BDO/Kritika, where fails increase the success chance slowly with the same weapon. None of this weapon blowing nonsense. Just infinite AP rev, at a higher AP price every failure, till success.

That's a dream scenario though, because it's 100% not going to happen with this Director. Would be a very interesting experiment though to compare the private ladder server numbers vs the current RISE server numbers. I guarantee you if all the old players came back for a ladder match, then they'd make more money on the private server over the RISE server.
    AmethystEnd7th_Sister
  • MVGAMVGA
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    Not everyone plays this to buy every new avatar set that comes out.
    so as for my case I like to get good gear and that means a really good weapon (was hoping for +15 lvl 95) after seeing the odds of getting it ... crushed my goal so ye barely online even when dula comes

I had friends who stopped playing this cause:

>Bugs
    >P2Win
    >Slow content
    >meaningless endgame
    >lack of others skills compared to other RPGs
    >RNG grind fest
    >nexoff doesnt care anyway
  • SkullKingSkullKing
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    i'm a very old player and have been force not to play for life reasons off and on, and id have to say this update even with some of the good things that came with it has killed the game on multiple levels.

i'm sorry to say this but they are trying to kill the game or just make it to where any one with no skill can just play i can see people arguing this but the fact is there is a thing called difficulty levels and from what iv seen there gone and that's only the point at of the tip of this iceberg.

i'm starting to see this trend every where if you ask me and if this game gets fixed it be a miracle cause the people that run corporations don't care about people 90%-99.99% of the time.
    Xie