[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Do you like your RISE extra strong or mild?

SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
Vindictus Rep: 1,730
edited June 24, 2017 in General Discussion
RISE update seems to have been received with mixed reviews. One of the bigger changes is the "nerfing" of game's difficulty writ large. Some people like the easier progression, which is great for soloing .Others lament the loss of challenging content for most of the game ,which usually forces more cooperative play. Before RISE, you at least had the option of more challenging runs starting at lvl 50.
  1. Should they add a hero mode for those who reach lvl 50 that includes S1 and S2 runs?36 votes
    1. Yes, pain is pleasure.
       92% (33 votes)
    2. No, Let's keep the training wheels on until lvl 90.
       8% (3 votes)

Comments

• LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    The game is better. Go do a lv 90 mission. One thing they forgot to do was removing incentive of making shortest characters with additional attack speed.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 24, 2017
    Lahar wrote: »
    The game is better. Go do a lv 90 mission. One thing they forgot to do was removing incentive of making shortest characters with additional attack speed.

You're not planning on letting this down are you

Leave my speedygonzaleshorties alone
    Xie
  • ClessCless
    Vindictus Rep: 315
    I certainly miss being able to do a full combo or two on bosses, let alone the rest of my skills. I can still do that if I equip a wooden weapon or something significantly weaker than the given level 70 ~ 80 ~ 90 stuff, but that's ruining the point, I think. I feel the update would've been fantastic if they just hadn't touched the boss health. It's not too late for them to alter it, right?
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    edited June 24, 2017
    I like the update, I could never level up my characters because no one would ever join a 70-79 boat. My guild is a lot more active now, used to be 2-3 people online now everyday we have more than 20+ online. I love the changes they made
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Well i gotta say the problem is more of your guild than the game. If there are 2-3 ppl online it is perfect to do normal story, as for bosses they could be soloed on easy mode. Now you have a more active guild, what is the point? It not like the entire guild can come together and do a riad, if so it last barely a min. have you learned anything? Learned to play your character? I have a lv 90 Karok that i rushed, just now a Karok main told me that there was a stamina restore buff with cestus by using kick instead of grab. I wouldn't have learned that since fights was over before it started.

The main draw for me for me to the games was the unique bosses. They offer a challenge that most MMO don't have and in the end were just high power punching bags. The idea of being in a group and some of them using hook to trip and hold the bosses in place, spear a bit will break things off to craft unique weapons and armor. How some player played a deadly dance with boss dodging hits by frames or performing cool counter attacks. The time where Royal raids were 24 man, they were wild and great seeing that many ppl (Well not the afkers) come and show their skills .

My friend calls me an elitist because I prefer the old way. That there is no difference between now and before, all raids are done in 10 mins. He likes the instant gratification of getting enchant scrolls and rare drops (He cries every time he does a raid there is no ES or OJ dropped for him, he doesn't have VIP and no he hasn't complete the story and says his gear is too level and doesn't join most raid because why bother since he will do nothing). This is a MMORPG, Vindictus is an action combat game , a dark souls kind of mmo game where the player can be one shotted if not careful. A game that show skillfull player can win rather a top gear noob ( i can believe it since i once forgot to wear armor and ended up 1st in dps in lugh, forgot i did a naked run earlier and had an outfit on).

I don't mind the RISE changes much, some of the QOL are good, but why dumb it down and piss on us veteran players who were raised on that difficulty and overcame it. I can not excel on solo, i play support and need team mates for raids. I enjoy being in crowd and meeting past player i got to known. Now it is wham bam and split. No talk just the dirty deed and done in 5 secs.
    SaintGuinnessGewelliriousXie
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    @Zeroheart, I agree. this new format discourages teamwork and character progression. It makes the vast majority of the game unplayable since you can kill any boss with one or two combos.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    edited June 24, 2017
    Lahar wrote: »

I see two flaws with your argument.

1) By nerfing the bosses and limiting hero to just lvl 90 makes, at a minimum, 2/3 of the game unplayable. You can eliminate a boss so quickly that you don't even get enough sp to use your specials. This is not just a problem for lvl 90 players. I have characters below lvl 90 and this change completely ruined the gameplay for me and I don't have the option to, as you put it , "go do a lv 90 mission".

2) How are ppl going to learn the full capabilities of their character if all you need to do is naked facetank every boss? Without the difficulty there is no learning curve, you don't get to master any of the game mechanics and there is no point to updating your gear. Plus, this eliminates the need for teamwork and cooperative play.

No one says there shouldn't be an easy mode for those who don't enjoy the struggle. This game use to benefit from challenging bosses that forced you to use some teamwork. It's how I met most of my compatriots on this game. Hero Irukul was a beast and weeping queen made us all cry. When Glas first came out back in S1, we swore there would be some people who would never beat this boss. It made it all the more satisfying when we finally overcame those challenges. Can you imagine the pride when you ultimately soloed that boss at its hardest? And for my money, 24 man Red Elchulus was still my favorite raid of all time. I had so many great memories fighting that boss. It's amazing how fast you can lose track of something the size of a two story building. After RISE, what do we now have to show for our effort? What's gonna make you want to replay a boss after you beat him the first time with no effort?
    GewelliriousZeroheartOrder5RadeonFuryDemonChild