[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

5% COD/ Market Fee Is Way Too High

TamagoTamago
Vindictus Rep: 5,460
edited June 24, 2017 in General Discussion
If you're transferring gold to your characters on other accounts, you're going to lose a ton of gold in the process.

This fee works in KR because their economy isn't inflated like ours is. 10m there is like 100m here. This fee is way too high for our region. It also adds up quickly.
If you were to sell your item for 1b or move 1b to a character on a different account to buy an enhanced weapon, you would lose 50m in the process.

The 5% market fee also is quite large if you are selling an expensive item. The old market fee was 3% of the price to list the item, but nothing was deducted from the sale.
Mainichi wrote: »
For example, if you were to list an item for 1b on the marketplace, it would cost 100k to list it. When the item sells, you only get 950m because 5% is deducted.

Using the same example, if you were to send 1b to an alt on a different account, it would cost 50m to send it. If you send 1b via cod to your alt on that other account, you pay 1b but your alt only receives 950m.

Comments

• AsannamiAsannami
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    just write your name properly, for example if trying to send gold to my lynn i wrote asannami i would have to pay those 5%, sure, i trasnfered 1kk and wrote the name Asannami, and only paid 200gold. I admit that this is stupid, but at least there's workarounds.
    Xie
  • TamagoTamago
    edited June 23, 2017
    Asannami wrote: »
    just write your name properly, for example if trying to send gold to my lynn i wrote asannami i would have to pay those 5%, sure, i trasnfered 1kk and wrote the name Asannami, and only paid 200gold. I admit that this is stupid, but at least there's workarounds.

There is a 5% fee regardless because it's on a different account. The 200 gold fee is only for characters on the same account. All of my relevant characters are on separate accounts. There is no workaround for characters on separate accounts.
  • AsannamiAsannami
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    oh, sorry, i missed that part ^^'
    That sucks, yeah, hopefully they change that
    Xie
  • TamagoTamago
    Asannami wrote: »
    oh, sorry, i missed that part ^^'
    That sucks, yeah, hopefully they change that

Hopefully, but I doubt anything will be done.
    This is ridiculous.
  • WhiteSizzleWhiteSizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    I'm glad they're doing something that messes with multi-account people. You should have one. You only have multiple, let's be honest, to leech "one-per-account" events and make profit off them, so at least now that profit is down 5%.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I'm glad they're doing something that messes with multi-account people. You should have one. You only have multiple, let's be honest, to leech "one-per-account" events and make profit off them, so at least now that profit is down 5%.

That doesn't make it right though. I have a few friends with maybe two or more acc's since they want to play every character and not a select few.
    The 5% is a gold sink and our economy doesn't need it, I hope its removed sometime later.
  • TamagoTamago
    edited June 24, 2017

People put their characters on different accounts so they don't lose everything if they get hacked or banned. Another reason is so they can carry their alts with their main when leveling. There are many other reasons. Use some common sense.

I've never profited off of events in the first place. Nice assumptions lmao.

I'm sure you'll love losing 105m when you sell an item for 2.1b as well. :)
  • IzetIzet
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040

You're funny :3
  • IzetIzet
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    @WhiteSizzle

In the event you were actually serious..

I can see how you were trying to reply to OP's point regarding transferring gold between alt accounts, however you're mistaken to think this won't influence a single account user.

This is the COD system, it hurts everyone that's trading/selling.
    We really don't need this in our already slump economy with scarce farmers.

To me this change just looks like Nexon just trying to get more people to buy premium market licenses.
    Or as OP mentioned, they failed to see the gold inflation in this region to make adjustments accordingly or flat out didn't care about NA. (Latter being the most probable)
  • TamagoTamago
    The 5% marketplace sale fee is a bit steep as well, especially on expensive items.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited June 24, 2017
    The 5% marketplace sale fee is a bit steep as well, especially on expensive items.

Good news is it caps at 100k. So just sell expensive items ;-)

Honestly I like this much better for the old marketplace posting. (No reason to buy a premium listing unless you just want your item on top.)

COD might be a bit confusing. I haven't figured that one out since you pay up to 100,200 to send it, then seller only pays the price of the COD, and then some more money is taken after it sold.

IE COD something 100 => Sending costs = 200 + 1, seller pays 100. You get 98. But at least mailing COD also caps at 100k, and I don't know if the 5% cost at the end is right since small testing show only 2%...
  • TamagoTamago
    edited June 24, 2017
    ikevi wrote: »

Good news is it caps at 100k. So just sell expensive items ;-)

Honestly I like this much better for the old marketplace posting. (No reason to buy a premium listing unless you just want your item on top.)

COD might be a bit confusing. I haven't figured that one out since you pay up to 100,200 to send it, then seller only pays the price of the COD, and then some more money is taken after it sold.

IE COD something 100 => Sending costs = 200 + 1, seller pays 100. You get 98. But at least mailing COD also caps at 100k, and I don't know if the 5% cost at the end is right since small testing show only 2%...

It doesn't cap at 100k though. The cap is only for listing items on the marketplace or sending CODs via mail. There us an additional 5% fee for mail and marketplace that is deducted from what you receive. If you are sending gold instead of a COD, the 5% fee is the cost to send it.

For example, if you were to list an item for 1b on the marketplace, it would cost 100k to list it. When the item sells, you only get 950m because 5% is deducted.

Using the same example, if you were to send 1b to an alt on a different account, it would cost 50m to send it. If you send 1b via cod to your alt on that other account, you pay 1b but your alt only receives 950m.

Premium listings do still have a purpose. There is no listing fee, which isn't a big deal because that caps at 100k anyway. Items sold via premium listing also don't have the 5% fee deducted from them.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    What if you break the amount of gold that you want to send into chunks? The cost to send might be a lot less maybe. This may not work if you're actually trading with someone and not sending gold to your alts on multiple accounts. A bit more work for this method but, eh, why not?
  • TamagoTamago
    edited June 24, 2017
    Xie wrote: »
    What if you break the amount of gold that you want to send into chunks? The cost to send might be a lot less maybe. This may not work if you're actually trading with someone and not sending gold to your alts on multiple accounts. A bit more work for this method but, eh, why not?

It'll be the same, since it'll add up. The fee is still 5%.
    Sending 1b and losing 50m would be the same as sending 10m 100 times and losing 500k each time.
    Xie
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Can't you use the guild storage to transfer money on alts?
  • TamagoTamago
    elcausa wrote: »
    Can't you use the guild storage to transfer money on alts?

10m is the max for guild storage with a 2.5m limit per character per day.
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955

Kinda explains why gold sinks are needed.

But it sucks for all those people who have multiple accounts.
  • TamagoTamago
    edited June 24, 2017
    Atsou wrote: »

Gold is much more valuable now than it used to be. It's a lot harder to make gold nowadays because the drops you get are only worth a few million at best and the population shrunk even more.

This 5% fee is intended for KR, but DOL didn't think things through for other regions. Can't really blame him because he doesn't think in the first place.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Atsou wrote: »

Vindi had runaway inflation because of gold sellers. It's finally started to come back under control. The issue now is balancing it the right way. It's tough to know where it should fall because high enhance weaps are more valuable than ever really.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Patch notes say 5% but it's really 2% (+100k) through both mail and marketplace, stop freaking out. Gold sinks like this are necessary, and 2% is an extremely fair number as it is.