[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise: Revolution Update

Comments

• RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Xark wrote: »

Also my hurk character feels slower, like i'm playing on a high ping, am i the only one?

No. my Sylas IS slower. In Braha, my favorite raid, I was always able to land a LLLLR and get a way before his hand came down. Now, I have to LLLL and save the shards as I dodge away and LLLLR again while his hand is still down. I can only land half of the smashes I used to before the update. +pain.
  • PrincessZPrincessZ
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    I don't hate this update, but I don't like it much either.

The quick battle menu was fine before and now it's basically garbage, and now making boats at the board is a lot more complex.

Since the update I feel like my lynn is slow and jittery and half the time unresponsive.

As for the whole not taking additional damage while flinching that's crap, and now we also take damage while laying on the ground prone and while in the animation standing back up.

I do like the increased sprint speed, just wish I didn't have to push a key to run. I also like some of the changes made to dark knight, I love that it's in the skills ui instead of going to character sheet and clicking the dark Knight tab. However I wish the trans lasted longer.

Overall there are pros and cons, I just hope that lvl 95 cap and new content come out soon, that's the only thing I even really wanted.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    edited June 24, 2017
    Wut?
    Why some Rank A scrolls became Rank 8/9 instead...? Is that one more way to spend more cash into unbind potions? [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Great.

Solo mode = no f*cking useless and bugged boat anymore: THANK YOU! (≧◡≦)
    Yet, I don't see the point of not being able to do Hard/Hero mode in battles such a S1...
    True, those battles weren't much to make gold aside for farming mats (which now have no value at all anymore BTW :* ), but, at least, you were able to NOT loose too much gold by running naked in Hero mode and thus, earning some gold to at least pay the repair fees of your weapon.
    Now? Normal mode only = Not making gold, just loosing it. (ᗒᗣᗕ)

I love the fact you don't have to rip cores out and get them so easily and quickly by stepping on them, but I feel a bit bad for some pet owners though...

Also, am I the only one who can't seem to make any search successfull on the marketplace whenever I check some grade quality? (•ิ_•ิ)?
    I mean, I check Rare for orange only, but find nothing. When I uncheck it, BOOM! Lots of orange. Am I doing something wrong or is it not working?

WTF is that **** with Transfo? You have to make battles to gain point in order to use it? (눈_눈)
    Sorry, I don't have the time (also kinda loosing the will TBH) to play for too long or too often. So when I see that the next day I can only transform once unless I run some battles, yes, I'm kind of annoyed and a lot bored.
    Sure, new players that have no work/job and play all day/night long can use it more often I guess, but I personnally liked the once-every-hour old system better...

Best way to "play" Vindictus nowadays? AFK-ing! => get items from AFK-Events, get points for your Transfo, get AP through Meditation... ╮( ̄~ ̄)╭

All pros getting forgotten because of many cons killing this game.
    (-‸ლ)

Oh, right! What is that freakin stamina consumption on Evie, by the way?
    Seriously... "Insane reaper"? What reaper?! Insanely out of breath, yeah!
    I don't remember snaping her fingers to cost 30 stamina like it is right now... Someone to tell me how much it was before, please?

Wielding a giant scythe consumes almost nothing, but snaping your fingers... yeah, sure. Totally logical, right? ( ̄  ̄|||)
    BraveBlade2
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    It's not in the patch notes, but the attack speed of each enhancement changed a little.

+10 has more 5 more att spd than pre-rise, and after +10, it's +4 att spd every enhancement rank until +15 (instead of 5).

+15 has the same att spd as before.
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    "Changes to Material items
    All monster dropped material items under level 80 has been changed
    Monster-specific crafting material items will be removed - i.e. XXX's shoulder armor, XXX's tail, XXX's tooth
    Monsters will instead drop level and area specific material items: Red Pigment, Yellow Pigment, Categorized Pigment, Fragrant Additive, Thick Additive, and Clear Additive
    These will be divided into Beginner, Apprentice, Journeyman and Professional, depending on the level"

Someone needs to learn to write
    All monster dropped material items under level 80 has been changed means there would be no change for 80-90 gear meaning mats would not change.
    Well guess what They did and now I have a few 100mil in mats that are useless. I hope this game finally dies I'm done with it and done defending and recommending it to friends, three poorly advertised updates with poorly written update notes that completely destroyed crafting in this game and profitability of crafting. Under 80 Means 1 through 79 Or Under 80.
    BraveBlade2
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Armageddal wrote: »
    I'm excited to try this. While not everything is perfect, I am particularly glad of the many smaller QoL changes, which I think will go a long way towards the long-term health of the game.

I know a lot of people are upset about various changes to end-game progression, but claims that those changes "destroy" the game are unfounded. The game does not revolve entirely around the hardcore, though I know many people seem to feel that it does. The smaller QoL changes and changes to encourage new players are far more important.

I have hardcore characters and average characters and a lot of the raid changes were just stupid and took all challenge out of the game and removing raids and turning them into normal instance from the former 8 man raids. What they did was just modify the game to fit a millennial mentality where they want everything now and not have to put any work into it which would be fine if they want to just get rid of all the people that actually spend money on the micro-transactions and the people that have been playing for years. The people with that type of mentality usually don't stick around in a game for years they usually get bored and quit after they reach max level.
    BraveBlade2
  • EtheriaEtheria
    Vindictus Rep: 230
    I am so very sad with the Meditation change.

I'm sure It doesn't affect most people who play but It affects me quite a bit due to health Issues and having to be away a lot of the time.
    MikewerbabykinksBraveBlade2
  • SkullKingSkullKing
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    i'm sorry but no matter how many good thing this update might have added this basically screams please leave we want to shut down the games with all the things they removed and did to the game that ends up making the game crap
    BraveBlade2
  • SLAYER0SLAYER0
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    So how are people suppose to get lower level armor? For example a lvl 60-70 character, how are they supppose to craft armor if the NPC's can't. Like the Chiulin armor set. How are they suppose to get the armor anymore?
    TheHeavyRiskBraveBlade2
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    SLAYER0 wrote: »
    So how are people suppose to get lower level armor? For example a lvl 60-70 character, how are they supppose to craft armor if the NPC's can't. Like the Chiulin armor set. How are they suppose to get the armor anymore?

Some have been completely removed from the game. Some you can only get if someone else crafts them for you. Welcome to progress.
    BraveBlade2
  • SkullKingSkullKing
    Vindictus Rep: 530

Some have been completely removed from the game. Some you can only get if someone else crafts them for you. Welcome to progress.

i hope that is sarcasm cause no one needs that kind of progress.
    BraveBlade2
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix

lower level armour drops more often for your class in runs and I think you also get armour as part of level rewards not the best stuff but since you cant upgrade either its good enough to get you through to your mile marker.
  • anderzejn131anderzejn131
    Vindictus Rep: 985
    edited July 2, 2017
    Im playing the game for 3 years i believe but now im like retruning player (playing it like week per month / 2 now) and this update caught me off guard... For now i am just confused and iwll have to look what they changed exactly but it seems like they want to wipe out harrdcore players of this game and welcome totally new... I just don't know man... In the very long run these will be good changes unless the game will die of course, in short... these will be very bad. I am just confused.
    BraveBlade2
  • BraveBlade2BraveBlade2
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Rise=dies. If "some"(very few) updates before has put some purpose and sanity to things THIS UPDATE on the other hand has taken them all away.

None of the update makes sense for example being knocked downed less thing just took away the last bit of challenge/learning to dodge or block curve for "newer players" The very reason this game has died is that it got boring on its core(action mmo) and adding more boring grind right off the bat for newer players will just seal the deal and if they actually just want to make it more survivable they could have lessen the bosses damage(and maybe in crease knock down).

That is just one of the 1000 reasons this update defeated all that is actually good in it, because there are some good things in it but those don't matter if game breaking things like above is not fixed.