[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returned A Few Weeks. Uninstalling again with Rise

sapience89sapience89
Vindictus Rep: 430
edited June 23, 2017 in Off Topic Discussion
Just another topic to add to the pile of complaints here.

I literally had just got back to the game a few weeks ago after another 1.5 year break. Took a 2-3 year break end of S1 also. However, with how the Rise update is, right now don't feel like I plan on making a return to the game again.

This update sucked out almost all of the fun for me, especially since I still had fun playing older non 90+ content on hero. Still found them more interesting than almost all of S3 bosses. My motivation to play has never dropped so hard in a game after a single update.

Bye, possibly for the last time. Just got done re-uninstalling.

-An Early Bird Early Access Open Beta Fiona & Lann US East Player (mostly a nobody now)
XieGewellirious

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    I can feel you, I actually uninstalled one day before Rise.. however, I still wanted to try it today because if I had to die, might as well die in my good old guild. So I installed that game again, and no, just... the experience was so horrible, so empty, I literally uninstalled 30 mins after.

And I'm an hard addict of Vindictus, but at this point, you can't take your own players as autists. There was a limit to not pass, and they easily passed it.. now, I am sure to be done with this game and play actual nice, interesting, NON-RNG PROGRESSION such as Blade and Soul.

The combat is absolutely not like Vindictus but, frankly ? I don't even care about it anymore, and what combat ? Where's the combat in 2 mins facerolls ? Where's the combat when the main point of the game is now to have the most enhanced/enchanted gear ever to even deal correct damage ? Where's the combat when everything is limited to 5 times a day ? Where's the massive combat when you can only play with 3 other friends max now ?

For anyone reading Fairy Tail, this Rise update is easily the equivalent of the Grand Magic Games arc : it's an update that broke the game, that threw everything it did for 6 years in the trash can.

F**king RIP Vindictus.
  • sapience89sapience89
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    I can feel you, I actually uninstalled one day before Rise.. however, I still wanted to try it today because if I had to die, might as well die in my good old guild. So I installed that game again, and no, just... the experience was so horrible, so empty, I literally uninstalled 30 mins after.

And I'm an hard addict of Vindictus, but at this point, you can't take your own players as autists. There was a limit to not pass, and they easily passed it.. now, I am sure to be done with this game and play actual nice, interesting, NON-RNG PROGRESSION such as Blade and Soul.

The combat is absolutely not like Vindictus but, frankly ? I don't even care about it anymore, and what combat ? Where's the combat in 2 mins facerolls ? Where's the combat when the main point of the game is now to have the most enhanced/enchanted gear ever to even deal correct damage ? Where's the combat when everything is limited to 5 times a day ? Where's the massive combat when you can only play with 3 other friends max now ?

For anyone reading Fairy Tail, this Rise update is easily the equivalent of the Grand Magic Games arc : it's an update that broke the game, that threw everything it did for 6 years in the trash can.

F**king RIP Vindictus.

Hah, guess I feel the love on my departure. Just saw this got moved to off topic discussion, yet the other topics complaining remain on the Gen Discussion page.

The continual difficulty nerf through the progression of this game has turned the challenge in this game mediocre. Not even just the damage and HP nerfs from the non 90+ content, but even a big one I absolutely HATE is the removal of animations, namely potting. The animations and interactiveness IMO were one of the key things that made this game unique. When I told friends about this game, the actual potting animation and having to make retreats just to heal was one thing I usually mentioned. Now it's just perma merc pot mode with no regards to even finding openings or spacing to heal. Turned every other cookie cutter MMO now with instant activation pots w/ a CD, one that is negligible at that. Maybe make the CDs 60 secs then it'll be worth something.

Anyways, didn't want to spend time ranting on all of the negatives since seems enough topics are already doing it enough for me.

Yeah I considered maybe going back to Blade & Soul, or might just go w/o an MMO again for a while. Either that or head back to playing more Nioh where real challenges can still exist, especially going through the NG+ and NG++ difficulties underleveled and undergeared.