[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lann Could do A Revamp but nothing too fancy...

FeelingGoodFeelingGood
Vindictus Rep: 1,040
edited June 19, 2017 in Lann
Im talking about Lann Swords. This is a question for Lann players.
  1. Do you feel the same way?34 votes
    1. Yes
       82% (28 votes)
    2. No
       18% (6 votes)

Comments

• TheHandsomeMFTheHandsomeMF
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    edited June 16, 2017
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Im talking about Lann Swords.

I agree.

While people try so hard to go over the crit cap to boost their damage,the real problem is the stamina system.I taught that Windrider was a good idea,but it's not enough at all.Sword Lann needs a better stamina recuperation to let him exploit his assets until he can use Slashing High.

Fiona and Vella can do very well for the phases where they dont have Slashing High on.Sword Lann has to lower his aggresivity significantly when hes not using slashing high.So not only he is not doing enough damage in that time,but he does not generate enough SP either.

I feel sorry for those who had high enhanced weapons and very high speed,because as Lann is right now it's almost counter productive to have an offensive build,since you would burn throught your stamina in no time.

There is things that can be fixed there and there on other characters too,but priority definitely goes to Sword Lann.Some are talking about damage boost,but i think that he just really needs to have decent stamina regeneration. He has the +10 critical boost that helps people reaching the crit cap,very good level of survival but he just can't take advantage of his features due to the stamina limitation.

The game has reached an era where stamina supply is not a problem for most characters.Some still have it hard in that regard,but the only class that is really left behind is Sword Lann.
    TOTACCIOXiemisakamisaka
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited June 19, 2017
    I concur with the stamina problem on Sword Lann. Unless you have a Scythe Evie in your party who constantly uses Insane Reaper all the time, Sword Lann will always have to play passive-aggressively in battle to conserve stamina. I recently tried Spear Lann last night, and he doesn't nearly have as many stamina problems as Sword Lann because Spear Lann's moves do not consume as much stamina. Slip -> Nimble Dash -> stab consumes about 1/5 of your stamina bar , and if you're chasing after a boss like Neimhain, you barely have enough Stamina to deal damage AND be ready to dodge her combos unless you use Slashing High, which you have to deal damage in order to have enough SP to use. Thankfully, the RISE update will set the minimum amount of Stamina to 160, which is a godsend for Sword Lann. However, that also means other classes will be able to take advantage of the increased stamina, so this really doesn't solve the stamina issue between Sword Lann and other classes.

I would also like to see Gust Sting be more useful as a combo initiator. Sometimes, the control response is slow, and I accidentally right-click and activate Gust Sting instead of my regular combos with left-click. How about using Gust Sting as a combo initiator, which procs Raging Fever twice or three times depending on how long you charge the move? That would make Sword Lann compete with the likes of Sword Vella for flashy combos, and it would make Gust Sting viable as a move that you actually want to use. :)
    TOTACCIOXiemisakamisaka
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,755
    iframe for lann's gliding fury Gliding_Fury_%28Skill%29.png?version=d7b13da120fa1ee2862975ee62824c60 and lightning fury Lightning_Fury_%28Skill%29.png?version=1ecbaf4bcfb664f2bbc0ea90bec29336

lann would would be switch to my main if this happens
    TOTACCIORizzle
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited June 21, 2017
    Berserker's Spirit is quickly made redundant/straight up ignored thanks to ever accelerating powercreep. The high AP cost will either discourage newbies (if they know how small a benefit it is) or make them waste all their AP since they haven't got a clue about how bad a skill it is.

Radical Fever is clunky as hell. That's not to say it's a bad move 'cause it is in fact it's a great move with a -70SP reduction. But when you compare it to its 'sister' move, Focal Point, it sure as hell falls flat.

somethingsomething stamina

Hitboxes. Double crescent sucks and glides are too narrow with weapons as long as lancers or infinities.

Gust sting and its dud crits.

Evie and Sylas get 5 crit for free thanks to the fomorian book while Sword Lann's left struggling 'cause Furious leaves him 5 points away from his higher crit cap. Spears are ok.
  • SefSef
    edited June 21, 2017
    accidental quote instead of edit
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    john10 wrote: »
    iframe for lann's gliding fury Gliding_Fury_%28Skill%29.png?version=d7b13da120fa1ee2862975ee62824c60 and lightning fury Lightning_Fury_%28Skill%29.png?version=1ecbaf4bcfb664f2bbc0ea90bec29336

Since when is lightning fury not an iframe? He turns into electricity and passes through the target.
  • RizzleRizzle
    edited June 21, 2017
    My main problem is the hp drain for Spears. Sometimes when i go for the smash for gliding fury or lightning fury, it lags and procs as fury infusion. Seven percent of my hp for every activation, but sometimes it gets stuck in that lag mode and im trying to land a smash, but instead i just end up spamming fury infusion. I know I could set a keybind for it, but that doesn't remove the problem of the lag reading my half-second rt click as a full 2 secs and me sometimes draining my hp to the point I get one-shotted.

But I main Sylas now.
  • SefSef
    edited June 21, 2017
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Since when is lightning fury not an iframe? He turns into electricity and passes through the target.

Sword Lann.
    My main problem is the hp drain for Spears. Sometimes when i go for the smash for gliding fury or lightning fury, it lags and procs as fury infusion. Seven percent of my hp for every activation, but sometimes it gets stuck in that lag mode and im trying to land a smash, but instead i just end up spamming fury infusion. I know I could set a keybind for it, but that doesn't remove the problem of the lag reading my half-second rt click as a full 2 secs and me sometimes draining my hp to the point I get one-shotted.

This was never a problem when we had XE. Fury Infusion had a seperate key bind that you could set to whatever you wanted (defaulted to tab).
    we need that back tbh
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited June 21, 2017
    Sef wrote: »

This was never a problem when we had XE. Fury Infusion had a seperate key bind that you could set to whatever you wanted (defaulted to tab).
    we need that back tbh

I have never had that issue. At most I have hit furry infusion twice since I tend to over do that a bit :-) But now that we get health back it doesn't even matter.

• ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    Lann was my closed beta character, I switched to Kai, got Lann to 90 and switched back to Kai again
  • FeelingGoodFeelingGood
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    edited June 21, 2017
    john10 wrote: »

Thats only with lann Spears.
  • XarkXark
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Sword lann is very fun to play but is one of the weaker classes.

A problem i see is that sword lann got poor range and movement which makes it hard to keep up to mobile bosses.
    To counter this i could possible see a future skill, some kind of rush or the use of chains to keep up to the boss.
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    He needs a slight tweak in the double crescent - less stamina consumption/faster cancelling or both so he can get furies in, and some sort of mobility to let him get close to the boss faster.

Also delete gust sting please.

Otherwise he's ok for the most part. As his max skill level he can match up with equally geared arisha relatively close. The problem is most people are not going to play at that kind of skill level so they won't be able to judge properly.

Slip dash by itself is sufficient for 99% moves in this game. If you find yourself the need to use nimble often, then you are doing it wrong.
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    If anything, lann could use more mobility like a longer distance traveled by his dodge and also a special skill that lets him cancel his combos. That way he would be more on par with other classes but still skill-dependant.
  • RizzleRizzle
    ikevi wrote: »
    Sef wrote: »

I have never had that issue. At most I have hit furry infusion twice since I tend to over do that a bit :-) But now that we get health back it doesn't even matter.

Did swords use to not get health back? As far as i remember you get 10% back of the damage you deal during fury infusion as hp? Im a spear lann, obviously.