[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Strongest class (DPS) Top 3??

Comments

• AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Top DPS? Whoever can reach a +20 Enchanted Lvl 95 Weapon ofc.
    Ain't gonna be me.
    Dokkun
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited June 17, 2017
    Legend has it that the uglier you character looks, the more damage you do...

Or at least, that's what if feels like when I see some of these DPS all-stars in raids. :^)
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Top DPS currently is 100% Miri and Umbrella Lynn

They're insane and need a nerf. Miri can solo Neam in less than 20 mins, and Umbrelynn comes slightly slower at ~24 mins.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    I have learn not to even try with these fourms, almost impossible to talk to people on here, but anyway l'll say this play the class you like the most, all the classes do about the same damage give or take 10% and depending on which raid you are doing your class may do better or worse then other classes, try not to worry about top dps, just have fun along the way, isn't that the point why we play games for fun? or is that forgotten threw greed to be the best.
    KaiTheArcherSamalenkoAerodos
  • KaiTheArcherKaiTheArcher
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    I have learn not to even try with these fourms, almost impossible to talk to people on here, but anyway l'll say this play the class you like the most, all the classes do about the same damage give or take 10% and depending on which raid you are doing your class may do better or worse then other classes, try not to worry about top dps, just have fun along the way, isn't that the point why we play games for fun? or is that forgotten threw greed to be the best.
    Legendx4 wrote: »
    Thanks to you all for these great responses. I was debating what character to play because I didn't want to be deadweight in the new raids but I guess it's really just all up to what I enjoy playing. Thanks!

I think that is what the OP did. Faith in humanity somewhat restored.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited June 17, 2017

I didn't know it's not possible to play who you want and discuss who the strongest is.
    And this coming from the one of the Kais who doesn't res people. Hilarious.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited June 17, 2017
    Firstly i do res people who I think that are gonna pull there own weight, not die 10 seconds later. Discussing is fine but spreading false information that's when I will step in, as I always say strongest depends on situation, there will be no class that is 100% strongest in every raid.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    and pls try to keep the personal attacks to your self, we are "discussing" who the strongest class is after all, theres no point for bringing up one person
    edited June 17, 2017

And this isn't an attack on everyone else who posted before, who actually partook in the discussion? Or are you just upset that no one is acknowledging your posts?
    I'm just pointing out the irony of advice coming from someone who clearly doesn't follow his own. Don't try to take the higher ground when you're just as bad as the people you're condemning.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited June 17, 2017
    this will be the last response to you, since this will be going no where, i was stating the truth based on my past is it really hard to talk to people on these forums alot of misinformation going around. my posts have never been aimed at someone or a group of people(besides you), just talking in gerenal. I cant talk for everyone here but am i wrong, do we play games for fun? or why do we really play them?
    this will be the last response to you, since this will be going no where, i was stating the truth based on my past is it really hard to talk to people on these forums alot of misinformation going around. my posts have never been aimed at someone or a group of people(besides you), just talking in gerenal. I cant talk for everyone here but am i wrong, do we play games for fun? or why do we really play them?

Rather than hard to talk, I think it's more you're not totally seeing other people's point of view.
    You are right in that most characters have more favorable matchups and party composition, but let's take spear Lann before he got adjusted with the Belclaire patch. If we take him into Kraken head with a stims-trans-stim cycle, almost nothing comes close to him. But, I don't think anyone ever considered him the strongest because that's the only raid where he excels back then. This is the reason you hear Scyvie and Gunkai being considered strongest a lot, because they are the most consistently high performing classes.

Also if it weren't for the bolded parts in your comment, I don't think I would have spoken at all. If you check a few of my earlier posts, I do strongly agree that people shouldn't be too obsessive with DPS to the point that it's at the expense of someone's else's. It's the main reason why I refused to do Kraken back before when trans rush parties wasn't a thing, it wasn't uncommon for me to get annoyed/irritated coming out of a Kraken run because of gorillas on head who only cared about 'muhdips'.
    That said, I do think I have let my personal bias cloud my judgment too much and I do owe you an apology.
    Xie
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited June 18, 2017
    How to enrage forum dwellers in three easy steps:
    1. Make a new account to appear to be new at the game.
    2. Start a topic with any variation of "who is the strongest in dis gaem???".
    3. Watch and enjoy.
    DownIoadAyPool
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited June 18, 2017
    More like "top 3 e-ziest dps in party"

You have Cestus that literally has 100% crit if well managed, yet I can barely see any doing top damage and now his damage are hell strong, do people just suck or ?
    Chains Vella w/ Heart of Ice literally deals like 3-4k every 0.000001 sec and I have people like "omg she's sh*t", what please ? You hold R and deal 543464734564768 damage. (same for Sw.Vella, and no don't bother me with Neam, it's one raid out of 30+ raids where she doesn't full on XCut)

You wanna see who as well can actually deal damage w/o being fully geared or having great stats, because I don't remember Scythe being that great either. I also wonder if these +15 Xgun actually deals as much with +10-12s, because so far every player I see with 10-12s doesn't seems to outdamages so far as well.. so I really wonder about XGun, it's easy to say "I deal 300%" when you never played with something else than +15 in your life, anyway.

I mean, it's about a lot of misconceptions. For example, people thinking because it deals "so much numbers", Arcane is a good skill, when in fact you should account time spent + SP consumption + "will it Crit ?" = Arcane, in reality, isn't THAT much of a boost. I do 48k Crit with Arcane for 750 SP. Meanwhile with my 70SP awakened Void Stars, I can do 4 of them for 720 SP, it can crit 10-11k -> X4 = 40-44k, which isn't even far below Arcane crit so ?
    Same for normal damage : 4X Void Star = ~20k, Arcane deals 25k non-crit. (at least mines, oh and mind I have 10% damage on Arcane, when VoidStar has SP70)

But at this point, enjoy last 4 days anyway because the 21st, the top dps sure is going to be your wallet.

For Arcane gate you need to use a glitch in which you cast both insane reaper + gate for 750 sp.

But in general this skill is not of the most significance. whether one use it or not wouldn't make much change dps-wise.

EDIT : This glitch mostly requires Marco which is in theory forbidden. But the Korean Neamhain solo did abuse this glitch.
    If you don't use this glitch , arcane gate is basically useless for you (unless you drink SP potion).

• DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    How to enrage forum dwellers in three easy steps:
    1. Make a new account to appear to be new at the game.
    2. Start a topic with any variation of "who is the strongest in dis gaem???".
    3. Watch and enjoy.

lol so true, this seems to happen weekly. Speaking of which, here is the latest rage inducing thread, freshly posted.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/6677/best-of-the-best
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    Samalenko wrote: »
    For Arcane gate you need to use a glitch in which you cast both insane reaper + gate for 750 sp.

But in general this skill is not of the most significance. whether one use it or not wouldn't make much change dps-wise.

EDIT : This glitch mostly requires Marco which is in theory forbidden. But the Korean Neamhain solo did abuse this glitch.
    If you don't use this glitch , arcane gate is basically useless for you (unless you drink SP potion).

Not everything has to be about numbers/math and min-maxing,etc.

I like Arcane gate and use it whenever I can,dmg is good enough for me and the skill is simply cool imo,in the other hand I find Void star to be an annoying skill in general and pretty much never use it.

• OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    More like "top 3 e-ziest dps in party"

You have Cestus that literally has 100% crit if well managed, yet I can barely see any doing top damage and now his damage are hell strong, do people just suck or ?
    Chains Vella w/ Heart of Ice literally deals like 3-4k every 0.000001 sec and I have people like "omg she's sh*t", what please ? You hold R and deal 543464734564768 damage. (same for Sw.Vella, and no don't bother me with Neam, it's one raid out of 30+ raids where she doesn't full on XCut)

You wanna see who as well can actually deal damage w/o being fully geared or having great stats, because I don't remember Scythe being that great either. I also wonder if these +15 Xgun actually deals as much with +10-12s, because so far every player I see with 10-12s doesn't seems to outdamages so far as well.. so I really wonder about XGun, it's easy to say "I deal 300%" when you never played with something else than +15 in your life, anyway.

I mean, it's about a lot of misconceptions. For example, people thinking because it deals "so much numbers", Arcane is a good skill, when in fact you should account time spent + SP consumption + "will it Crit ?" = Arcane, in reality, isn't THAT much of a boost. I do 48k Crit with Arcane for 750 SP. Meanwhile with my 70SP awakened Void Stars, I can do 4 of them for 720 SP, it can crit 10-11k -> X4 = 40-44k, which isn't even far below Arcane crit so ?
    Same for normal damage : 4X Void Star = ~20k, Arcane deals 25k non-crit. (at least mines, oh and mind I have 10% damage on Arcane, when VoidStar has SP70)

But at this point, enjoy last 4 days anyway because the 21st, the top dps sure is going to be your wallet.

Wrong.
    Using AG consistently yields a significant change in damage done.
    Using said exploit does not require a macro, it's extremely easy to do.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    ^ any data/video supporting your theory?

• OkatsuOkatsu

If you'd like to go back and watch my hours of streams just to know the footage is there, be my guest. I play with the same scythies across multiple raids using my sylas as a baseline since the class does consistent damage across all raids. With successful AGs he will lose by a substantial margin. With failed or unused AGs he will win.
    Don't think you need footage to prove that pressing 2 keys is not difficult.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited June 18, 2017
    Okatsu wrote: »

If you'd like to go back and watch my hours of streams just to know the footage is there, be my guest. I play with the same scythies across multiple raids using my sylas as a baseline since the class does consistent damage across all raids. With successful AGs he will lose by a substantial margin. With failed or unused AGs he will win.

I have asked a friend who knows how to glitch the gate+reaper 750 sp. At the very least 3 keys are required to do it. And the timing is fairly strict too. I don't think it would be so handy in an intensive raid.

Or maybe we both did something wrong? Would you mind sharing your 2-keys only 750 SP Gate+Reaper glitch?

Also making a regina solo to prove that using AG or not has only a minor effect in ur dps
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Okatsu wrote: »

I have asked a friend who knows how to glitch the gate+reaper 750 sp. At the very least 3 keys are required to do it. And the timing is fairly strict too. I don't think it would be so handy in an intensive raid.

Or maybe we both did something wrong? Would you mind sharing your 2-keys only 750 SP Gate+Reaper glitch?

Also making a regina solo to prove that using AG or not has only a minor effect in ur dps

Your friend is taking unnecessary steps. You press insane reaper, then you press arcane gate. It's extremely easy.
    I suppose I will have to although solos, especially with regina, are more rng related than party play. The lack of character knowledge is apparent.
This discussion has been closed.