[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Quick question please help cant decide!

topFurrytopFurry
Vindictus Rep: 105
edited June 16, 2017 in General Discussion
I just recently started playing and I have experience from other games and ive always played fun classes that I enjoy but then at end game that fun character isn't as strong as many other classes. atm I enjoy playing chain vella but ive heard shes pretty weak 90cap, can someone confirm or deny that please. and what are some good fun strong classes that would be good for raids. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• KaiTheArcherKaiTheArcher
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    IMO all classes are viable, it's the matter of gaining mastery over them by experience (knowing when to use what skill and what not) and knowing boss patterns. If there are any kind of problem in viability, I'd say only 3 classes have that problem: lann, lynn and hammer fiona - as they need crit and speed to function correctly - which mean you will need to invest a fair bit of money into them before they feel decent.

As for CB vella, I don't think she is weak at lv90 at all. While you may want to invest in a pair of TS for solo play, CB is perfectly viable.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Evie is your girl. Or her lost sibling with bigger airbags, Fiona.
  • ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    If you enjoy chains stick to them.
    Chain Vella can do a lot of damage, I wouldn't call her weak at all, just depends on how you play and your gear.
    Order5Xie
  • topFurrytopFurry
    Mmmm thx for all the responses, in the previous game I played I ended up not getting raid teams because the "fun class" I picked was bottom tier dps and I didn't want that to happen again here in Vindictus =3. Ill continue CB vella for now and hopefully level cap find a raid team, I'm usually good at raiding learning my character and learning boss patterns but the previous game I played dps tier list mattered a lot which is why I wanted to make sure CB vella isn't weak and can be viable.
    Xie
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited June 16, 2017
    In vindi, people don't kick people base on what class they pick, so you don't have to worry about that, also we don't really make premade raid anyway except for neamhain. For neamhain, i uselly just pug it and get it done normally but if you want stress free clear then making a somewhat premade will lessen the headack of getting a party together or jsut having friend you know who run it and getting them to join also helps.

Also, CB Vella is frairly strong. Lynn is one of the weakest char in the game cus of how difficult it is to optimize dps with her but people still have them join their endgame raid(Neamhain). Think we jsut got past the point of caring about kicking people from raid and jsut carry people and hope they get better gear later.

Only time you would see a kick from a run would be of a few cases: Holding a spot for a friend/guildy; Player been afk for too long and not readied; the host don't like the person(never seen this in action but could happen to some people); or to mess with a friend by kicking them from party >:)
    Xie
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    Only time you would see a kick from a run would be of a few cases: Holding a spot for a friend/guildy; Player been afk for too long and not readied; the host don't like the person(never seen this in action but could happen to some people); or to mess with a friend by kicking them from party >:)

You forgot the people who join and type 'go'. They get the insta-kick! +best
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 16, 2017
    Chain-blade Vella is a very safe choice because of her range. Contradicting what you've heard, I'd say Vella is one of the strongest at level 90 because having excess attack speed (over 50 attack speed) benefits her more than other characters like Lynn. The main weakness is that you need to be able to get full use out of your Heart of Ice stacks before they wear off, which requires a lot of stamina and stamina regeneration and a bit of luck that the boss doesn't go invulnerable or something in the middle of it. Blood Fountain will help retain your stacks if something happens, but you are still losing out on time.

Also, chain Vella is arguably the best character for break-offs, the other being cross-gun Kai (it really depends on the break-off). Although, I have no idea how useful this will actually be after the RISE update that is happening within a month because the break-off materials may not actually be worthwhile anymore.
  • topFurrytopFurry
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    In vindi, people don't kick people base on what class they pick, so you don't have to worry about that, also we don't really make premade raid anyway except for neamhain. For neamhain, i uselly just pug it and get it done normally but if you want stress free clear then making a somewhat premade will lessen the headack of getting a party together or jsut having friend you know who run it and getting them to join also helps.

Also, CB Vella is frairly strong. Lynn is one of the weakest char in the game cus of how difficult it is to optimize dps with her but people still have them join their endgame raid(Neamhain). Think we jsut got past the point of caring about kicking people from raid and jsut carry people and hope they get better gear later.

Oh wow that's really nice to hear, surprising tho. most games like this have a toxic community full of elitists. Glad to hear vindictus isn't like that! I remember getting kicked in the previous game I played even tho I had the same gear as other classes but my specific class was bottom tier dps. Cant wait to get to 90 and gear up and raid with people in this community seems everyone is nice and helpful. Thanks for your response!

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    topFurry wrote: »
    Oh wow that's really nice to hear, surprising tho. most games like this have a toxic community full of elitists. Glad to hear vindictus isn't like that! I remember getting kicked in the previous game I played even tho I had the same gear as other classes but my specific class was bottom tier dps. Cant wait to get to 90 and gear up and raid with people in this community seems everyone is nice and helpful. Thanks for your response!

It's because the Vindictus population is so few compared to those other games.
    Dokkun
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    how you can find chain vella fun is completely beyond me, but she's very strong in parties. nobody's gonna kick you for the class you play, all of them are viable and no raid is really hard enough to justify kicking people (maybe except for neamhain, who isn't required for gear progression anyway. usually people will kick you for your stats, not the class you play)
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    Lol, I felt the same when I first came to Vindictus a few years back. I would get kicked from raid parties in my previous game because of my class. I was overjoyed when I learned in Vindictus, with enough skill, I can run any battles I want regardless which character. xD

So yeah, just pick a character that you enjoy, we won't kick you for that. Though, people may kick you for other stuff like the reasons that Yuria100 listed such as saving spot for friends/guildies or afking too long in boat but didn't press "Ready."

Vella is a pretty strong character, don't worry about it, and imo, her twin swords are also pretty fun. Give both of her weapons a try!