[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Which character needs a revamp the most?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Puppyman wrote: »
    Sekaiiz wrote: »
    Adding on to my L_nn statement:

Sword Lann:
    -Inconsistent/clunky dodge
    -Low mobility
    -Reliance on crit
    -Needing 5 more crit than everyone else
    -Subpar dmg

Spear Lann:
    -Much better than swords, in a decent position. Moonsplitter dmg just need to be upped a bit imo
    -Possibly expand on Acceleration to make less reliant on atk speed.

-Lynn:
    -Clunky dodge, specially Little Rat. Hopefully Rise fixes that.
    -Dmg is okay, could be better. They need to remove the massive hit delay with her 0 charge and possibly make her normals a tad bit faster.

In priority I would say Sword lann needs the most revamp out of anyone on the roster, and Spear/Lynn are about 2nd.

Lynn also could use just a tiny bit more range. Like half a glaive tip. I always feel when I miss it's just by that much.
    [Personal Preference]

She and Delia are such a pain on Braha.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    edited June 14, 2017
    Two Cents: I dont think Lann has had any type of overhaul like the rest of the crew. Kai, Vella, Karok, - ALL of them had MAJOR updates. Lann is the discarded step-child, he gets no love. Sylas came out and was so well developed that he shamed most other classes. Since then, Everyone else has had more given to them, to make them faster, more fluid, with better dodges and defensive skills, and attacks that can be easily strung into combos .

Lann deserves a greyed-out picture in the Mercenary Outpost. All my Lann does now is hammer out armors. Its not that hes incapable, its just that he isnt fun compared to other characters. They even took away his atk spd buff for fury infusion.

But this is all in vain, Lynn will get the next major overhaul...because mmorpg(mostly men online role-playing girls).

Lann's next update: Twin Shovels.
    Kenpo
  • TheHandsomeMFTheHandsomeMF
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Interesting.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited June 16, 2017
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Two Cents: I dont think Lann has had any type of overhaul like the rest of the crew. Kai, Vella, Karok, - ALL of them had MAJOR updates. Lann is the discarded step-child, he gets no love. Sylas came out and was so well developed that he shamed most other classes. Since then, Everyone else has had more given to them, to make them faster, more fluid, with better dodges and defensive skills, and attacks that can be easily strung into combos .

Lann deserves a greyed-out picture in the Mercenary Outpost. All my Lann does now is hammer out armors. Its not that hes incapable, its just that he isnt fun compared to other characters. They even took away his atk spd buff for fury infusion.

But this is all in vain, Lynn will get the next major overhaul...because mmorpg(mostly men online role-playing girls).

Lann's next update: Twin Shovels.

Lann had a well received buff just when. Sword Lann was one of the strongest (before the nerf) and spears had plenty of changes that made him more fluid and less of a seal dispenser. He's actually not a character you see in Kraken only now.

All of them up to Kai got bumped up to -ridiculous- for a time, but most of them got dialed down except scythe.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    i will say something, wheather i get hate for it or not, even doe i main kai and want a few changes here and there to update kai better in certein situations, Lann for both wepons should and needs not a full big revamp(new skills and all), but changes to his skills and what not more then any other class, as in right now.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Sword Lann needs ANOTHER revamp.. Or better yet a "restore". Here's why:

Current Sword Lann now, as it stands, his damage is garbage. Movement speed in general, is garbage. The "constant" Furious buff is "nice" but what's the point in that if he can't keep up with a kited boss or do much damage in general? On top of that, he is the most gear-reliant character in the game next to Lynn.

Maybe his "revamp" came a bit too soon compared to other characters but now it's very much so needed and deserved, he needs to be restored. DevCat basically gave us candy and snatched it back, broke said candy into pieces, then handed out each piece to the other characters while the only thing Lann could do was watch. Lann as a character is a medium risk-low to medium reward character. At least when he had his revamped damage, there was some justification for his setbacks but now, he's all flash, no substance. Very little satisfaction in playing him anymore. Spear Lann gets the better end of short stick in Fury Infusion as well as having more i-frames in his Lightning Fury (which also ignores collision).

You have to actually put in a lot of work with Lann compared to most of the other characters- excluding Lynn of course but she's about to get her second weapon anyway (which doesn't change the fact that her Glaive skills still need help but it's SOMETHING). Most of these characters have a form of free damage as well as great maneuverability. Hell, both Evie and Arisha can clear a whole entire stage within seconds. Arisha in particular could be fighting CBH at one side of the stage, Diffusion Warp all the away to other side of the stage, chug a potion, and still have enough time to cast Resonance and HIT just to follow it up with a Counter Drain AND Ruin Blade. Don't get me started on either variants of Kai.. Hurk and both variants of Karok just face tank the whole time. Chain Vella.. Self explanatory. Sword Vella: CC+/Gale Splitter DC. Delia's Cosmic Blitz into Falling Comet or Ion Thrust. Fiona's counter. What do Lann and Lynn have? I'll wait. Slashing High only helps with attack speed and puts you more at risk so that's a double edged sword. Staff Evie is just a walking bomb in general: Staff Evie is basically a bombe: Save up Casts, nuke, rinse and repeat.

So yeah, just "RESTORE" Lann back to his revamped status even if that means taking away the "constant" Furious buff as well as give Glaive Lynn a bit more help as well.

He's the runt of the litter, essentially. But at least they stayed true to his backstory of being an orphan cast aside, having someone come help him out, just to have that taken away as well just because he got really good lol..
    FeelingGood