[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

End Game For a New Player

Akihiro_AltlandAkihiro_Altland
Vindictus Rep: 455
edited June 12, 2017 in General Discussion
I've been wondering, seeing so many negative reviews about vindictus on steam. How is the end game like? A lot of reviews claim that in order to craft and/or enhance weapons and armor etc... you have to invest real money to get anywhere. That it turns into a grind fest and that chances of getting what you need are very slim. I don't know anything about this since I just started playing it and I just hit level 16. If someone can let me know how the game is at end game, i'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    You'd probably want to wait for the upcoming patch.
    It eases out early end game significantly by including failstacks.

If you like to full minmax though, I'd stay away from this game.
    Akihiro_Altland
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I wouldn't give any credence to steam reviews, most of the time its a cesspool of trolls or "Vindictus crashed on my potato, downvote".
    Akihiro_Altland
  • Thinh2Thinh2
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    End game gear, like with many mmo's, take a lot of time to craft and enhance. They've actually changed a lot of things. Before you had to make new gear constantly at every chapter, but now they just give it to you. I just finished the last chapter in Colhen and received my full set of level 56 gear for free from an NPC.

If you're playing just to have the best gear fully maxed out, it may not be the game for you. Alot of people have quit because they got tired farming for rare drops or blowing up all their gear trying to enhance +15 or enchant with a high rank scroll.

I broke my weapon trying to go from +13 to 14, and might have quit a long time ago if I didn't meet new people and started messing around in places like PVP or Fruit Festival. If you got a kickass gaming pc, it's super easy for you to make friends here because you can host anything lol

So yeah, don't worry about spending real money for stuff like safety runes to prevent your gear from breaking. If it breaks, who the fk cares anymore? They're just gonna release higher level gear and raise level cap in the future anyway. There's always going to be something newer and stronger in the future.

Don't stress out too much about end game equipment. If you play to meet people, relax from stressful day at school or work, and have a good time killing or breaking shyyt with your friends, then you'll have a lot of fun here.

Akihiro_AltlandMokuton
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    You'll thank yourself in the future if you just save up to buy gear

[I don't have wholesome response, hope this is something~]
    Akihiro_Altland
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Like all other free to play games out there, endgame gears will be hard and/or expensive to get. BUT since this is an action game where player skill matters a lot, you will be fine with just mediocre gears.
    Akihiro_Altland
  • SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605
    Thinh2 wrote: »
    Don't stress out too much about end game equipment. If you play to meet people, relax from stressful day at school or work, and have a good time killing or breaking shyyt with your friends, then you'll have a lot of fun here.

You sir made my day with that comment
    Akihiro_Altland
  • Akihiro_AltlandAkihiro_Altland
    edited June 12, 2017

I'm sorry for asking but what is minmax?
    Thinh2 wrote: »
    End game gear, like with many mmo's, take a lot of time to craft and enhance. They've actually changed a lot of things. Before you had to make new gear constantly at every chapter, but now they just give it to you. I just finished the last chapter in Colhen and received my full set of level 56 gear for free from an NPC.

If you're playing just to have the best gear fully maxed out, it may not be the game for you. Alot of people have quit because they got tired farming for rare drops or blowing up all their gear trying to enhance +15 or enchant with a high rank scroll.

I broke my weapon trying to go from +13 to 14, and might have quit a long time ago if I didn't meet new people and started messing around in places like PVP or Fruit Festival. If you got a kickass gaming pc, it's super easy for you to make friends here because you can host anything lol

So yeah, don't worry about spending real money for stuff like safety runes to prevent your gear from breaking. If it breaks, who the fk cares anymore? They're just gonna release higher level gear and raise level cap in the future anyway. There's always going to be something newer and stronger in the future.

What server do you and your friends play on? I've been trying to meet people to play with but I can't seem to find anyone. It get's super boring playing and leveling alone.
    Puppyman wrote: »
    You'll thank yourself in the future if you just save up to buy gear

[I don't have wholesome response, hope this is something~]

Thank you :) I appreciate any help I can get, this makes me feel better about sticking to the game. I'm just looking for a good place too call home when it comes to these mmo games. Specially with vindictus, because it's the first mmo I've played with amazing combat.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055

Min-max means to get the absolute optimal gears.
    I'd offer to help, but I barely log these days. Sorry!
    Akihiro_Altland

Min-max means to get the absolute optimal gears.
    I'd offer to help, but I barely log these days. Sorry!

oh no thank you for the information I really do appreciate all the help
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 12, 2017
    Bull wrote: »
    Like all other free to play games out there, endgame gears will be hard and/or expensive to get. BUT since this is an action game where player skill matters a lot, you will be fine with just mediocre gears.

Gear matters just as much as skill in this game. Try to solo an S3 raid with mediocre gear. If you can't do much damage it will just make the fight longer and eventually you'll either exceed the time limit or lose focus on the combat.

@OP
    I got a full orange +11 Ornate Valor Regina Hammer with non-enhanced (one piece with Master scroll on) purple Regina+Termi armors in 6 months while playing for an average of 10 hours a week. I haven't been in a guild for a long time and i created my own guild only a couple of months ago.

It is definitely a grindfest in the end-game because you'll need to farm S3 dungeons for the orange base materials and you'll also need to do raids for Seal of Bravery. Since it's 1 seal per raid and you'll need ~150 seals for an orange main part + ~50 seals for orange shards it's gonna be fun. Plus the enchant scrolls that are rare drops. All of this can be bought with gold but you won't be able to get that much gold unless you farm a lot and sell the rare drops you don't need.

Every MMO is a grindfest in some way. Vindi just differs from the average in a way that on most of the days you close the game empty-handed. So you'll feel as if you haven't progressed anywhere. But this is where NX comes in. You can also trade NX gifts for gold so you can buy everything with real money without much farming.

In short this is what end-game is. Or you can just enjoy playing with others and progress slowly.
    Akihiro_Altland
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    There's simple principle when it comes to games published by Nexoff:
    If you want to reach the true endgame you will have to spend real money. Lots of it. That or meticulously collect all the giveaway runes and whatnot only to burn through all of it at Ferghus® or his good pal Brynn™ in one go.

Unless you want to play casually like a raid every now and then free gears from levelling are totally fine.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    There's simple principle when it comes to games published by Nexoff:
    If you want to reach the true endgame you will have to spend real money. Lots of it. That or meticulously collect all the giveaway runes and whatnot only to burn through all of it at Ferghus® or his good pal Brynn™ in one go.

Unless you want to play casually like a raid every now and then free gears from levelling are totally fine.

I was always content with +5 gear back in the day. Whatever + it takes for a weapon to start "glowing" is good enough for me.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I've been wondering, seeing so many negative reviews about vindictus on steam. How is the end game like? A lot of reviews claim that in order to craft and/or enhance weapons and armor etc... you have to invest real money to get anywhere. That it turns into a grind fest and that chances of getting what you need are very slim. I don't know anything about this since I just started playing it and I just hit level 16. If someone can let me know how the game is at end game, i'd really appreciate it.

It won't take a whole lot to be useful or do your share of the work in end-game content, but if you want to be strong enough to solo or carry other people, then it will take either real money investment, or a lot of time (about one year of saving up free stuff from events).
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Order5 wrote: »

It won't take a whole lot to be useful or do your share of the work in end-game content, but if you want to be strong enough to solo or carry other people, then it will take either real money investment, or a lot of time (about one year of saving up free stuff from events).

My God, is it really that bad trying to farm crafting materials from end-game raids?
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    My God, is it really that bad trying to farm crafting materials from end-game raids?

No, people just don't do things efficiently.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited June 13, 2017

Yes; it can take a really long time! Maxing out your gear is a never-ending endeavor that requires a ton of effort. How long it takes for you to reach "end-game" gear depends on your luck with drops. Luckily, DevCat fixed that with the Seal Shop update so that gear progression is not entirely RNG-based, but progression is still slow if you don't dedicate many hours to farming for mats.

The way I see end-game is this. I'm not the kind of player that has to get the best gear in order to solo everything. If that were the case, I would have quitted out of sheer boredom. Instead, I make an effort to meet new players at end-game since that is where I have the most fun with this game. Over time, new players come and go, and I see some players more frequently than others when I play. This creates a sense of community with people who know each other because they have played with each other for quite some time. And as Vindictus evolves, there's always something new that I get out of playing this game, whether that is playing better in a particular raid, crafting, helping other players, or experiencing new content. End-game is about what you make of it. If you're creative, love to try new things with other players, and don't care about progressing quickly with your gear, then you will have a fun time playing this game. If you are someone who wants to have everything quickly, then you will not like Vindictus's end-game. Plain and simple.
    Akihiro_AltlandArmageddalXie
    vgfan100 wrote: »

Yes; it can take a really long time! Maxing out your gear is a never-ending endeavor that requires a ton of effort. How long it takes for you to reach "end-game" gear depends on your luck with drops. Luckily, DevCat fixed that with the Seal Shop update so that gear progression is not entirely RNG-based, but progression is still slow if you don't dedicate many hours to farming for mats.

The way I see end-game is this. I'm not the kind of player that has to get the best gear in order to solo everything. If that were the case, I would have quitted out of sheer boredom. Instead, I make an effort to meet new players at end-game since that is where I have the most fun with this game. Over time, new players come and go, and I see some players more frequently than others when I play. This creates a sense of community with people who know each other because they have played with each other for quite some time. And as Vindictus evolves, there's always something new that I get out of playing this game, whether that is playing better in a particular raid, crafting, helping other players, or experiencing new content. End-game is about what you make of it. If you're creative, love to try new things with other players, and don't care about progressing quickly with your gear, then you will have a fun time playing this game. If you are someone who wants to have everything quickly, then you will not like Vindictus's end-game. Plain and simple.

Thank you, I've never been one to try and run through everything quick specially in an mmo. But at the same time it's good to know that I don't have to spend money and just take time and grind. Thank you for the help. What server do you play on?
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Does it take a long time just to GET end-game gear, as in +0 unenhanced gear, or does it just take a long time to upgrade it to a significant level?