[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise: Revolution Preview

Comments

• PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    F0l2saken wrote: »
    I am going to celebrate this awful update by throwing all sets I have like Succubus Queen in the trash can. This update is so horrible I won't even support the local game economy by giving it to someone before deleting my account.

This update is clearly a sign that the game is dead, not a single part of this update does anything to invite new players. Now new players will have to play the entire way to level 90 before they can even get a challenge with this game. I can't recall where anyone on the forums complained about normal, hard, and hero difficulties so don't give me that BS about listening to the community shixon, you never have from day one.

Potion animation removed with now a delay? Lets take a crucial element of the game that has worked perfectly fine since its creation and change it for no reason at all just to see how it works, sounds like a great idea shixon, did you guys come up with that idea while you were out at a bar getting drunk?

Your enhancement /enchantment updates are clearly to suck as much money out of your dying community while you still can.

Everything about this update says "Make as much money off this dying game while we still can, who cares about new players"

There's a reason shixon is the most complained about company in MMO gaming history, just look at any of their games, you'll find the same complaints about a company that is completely out of touch with its customers.

RIP Vindictus, time to delete all my sets.
    Why deleting everything?
    Stop playing untill (if ever) things get better seems a more reasonable solution!
    tumblr_m0jheacTS61qhh6sgo1_500.gif
    Dokkundaws360arkaine757
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    What I'd like to know is if this is coming this week or next.
    Saygo, are you allowed to disclose the release date?
  • NinoGNinoG
    Vindictus Rep: 105
    edited June 12, 2017
    sign... i just back for nearly 1 month. Gonna check a bit more time after this "revolution" and see how it works first. But it sounds bad anyway, just put a tiny single hope then.

P.s: i remember the day when DragonNest developers bring "revolution" to players 3 years ago. DragonNest's totally dead after few months. No one's wanna hear about that game any longer.
    I accepted that free/casual players , won't bring profit for the company. But they help on widening the communities. A ''global'' game without them, only scratch-card-players, is totally THE SAME with PRIVATE SERVER.
    If NX kills them, then they're done.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    VinVin wrote: »

Them posting the info about the marketplace changes leads me to believe that it will be this wed/Thursday. I don't see them giving us a two week heads up on that.
  • LaxusDragSlayerLaxusDragSlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    edited June 12, 2017
    VinVin wrote: »

i've noticed over the years all updates happen at the end of a event. and also! the events end at 14th and 21st so its one of those days
  • RaptorBugRaptorBug
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    The worst update in history vindictus
    daws360arkaine757
  • HadesStreetHadesStreet
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    Aibou wrote: »
    But will we be able to enhance our current lvl 90 weapons? My weapon material says "Max Enhance Level 15", so i wonder if they will rise those to 20 or if we get whole new drops and and have to try enhancement from the beginning... It's an unbroken +15, so I'd love to give it a try at least.

.....that is a good question.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Hopefully it's the 21st, there's still a few titles I want to get before the update comes :c
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited June 12, 2017
    But will we be able to enhance our current lvl 90 weapons? My weapon material says "Max Enhance Level 15", so i wonder if they will rise those to 20 or if we get whole new drops and and have to try enhancement from the beginning... It's an unbroken +15, so I'd love to give it a try at least.

ONLY if they are Full Orange Rare. If only the main is Orange then the weapon will stay at +15 however you won't get the full Additional Damage benefits and you can't go past +15 unless you have all orange shards. The reason for this is because Only Full Orange can go past +12. An Orange main but Purple shards can only go to +12 post-RISE. Before RISE however if you have +15 you keep that rank however you don't get the Add. Damage Benefits a Full Orange +15 would and you just can't go any further. That's really all about it.

Edit: Kinda repeated myself twice but I wanted to make sure there was nothing I missed.
    Order5
  • ZimpherZimpher
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Hopefully it's the 21st, there's still a few titles I want to get before the update comes :c

What?? Are they changing how titles work or something???
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875

ONLY if they are Full Orange Rare. If only the main is Orange then the weapon will stay at +15 however you won't get the full Additional Damage benefits and you can't go past +15 unless you have all orange shards. The reason for this is because Only Full Orange can go past +12. An Orange main but Purple shards can only go to +12 post-RISE. Before RISE however if you have +15 you keep that rank however you don't get the Add. Damage Benefits a Full Orange +15 would and you just can't go any further. That's really all about it.

Edit: Kinda repeated myself twice but I wanted to make sure there was nothing I missed.

Hmm... Tell me if I got something wrong but you need full orange to enhance past +12 after rise? And if you got +15 purple and change mats to full orange can you try +16 enhance with lvl 90 weapon?
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Zimpher wrote: »

What?? Are they changing how titles work or something???

No, but they do remove Season of Macha ,Labyrinth and Gauntlets, which means some titles will be unobtainable after the patch.
    Full list here:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/5609/rise-update-titles-no-longer-obtainable/p1
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    edited June 12, 2017
    things you need to do to make this a great update

-leave the cap at +15
    -leave ADD DMG the way it is (there is a reason why they tried to change it in kr and ppl flammed all over them)

i can live w/o double booming weps

thing is, those 2 changes i mentioned, make the entire update just horrible
    GewelliriousPixelPantsumisakamisakaSirRFIdaws360arkaine757Prototypemind
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited June 12, 2017
    Vladino wrote: »

Hmm... Tell me if I got something wrong but you need full orange to enhance past +12 after rise? And if you got +15 purple and change mats to full orange can you try +16 enhance with lvl 90 weapon?

You can switch all purple shards and make it an orange. As long as the weapon itself is an Orange since "Orange is the only rare Category" now then the game will allow you to enhance further.

Additionally: This is probably something DevCAT missed but Lavasat can be skipped in the story because apparently they had the quest coded to progress ONLY by Talking to Milo's Ghost. So uh......you can dial his ghost digits in town I guess and skip to Elahan (Enzo for NA) until this gets fixed.
    MintchiOrder5
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    edited June 13, 2017
    Why do they never seem to release the dates for updates? We already know practically every other server is getting it the 21st, i dont really think keeping it a "surprise" is reasonable e.e; imsosickofit
    daws360
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    I also miss the times where we had at least a WEEK'S worth to prepare for an update.

Nowadays, it's just "Oh, it's Monday. WE'RE RELEASING AN UPDATE THIS THURSDAY LOLOLOLOL"

I feel as though they don't talk to us enough about the stuff that REALLY matters. But hey, them screenshot contests are--

Oh...t-they haven't done that either....?
    DokkunPrototypemind
  • crackmonkcrackmonk
    Vindictus Rep: 470
    edited June 13, 2017
    the whole secrecy spiel is getting VERY old and needs to be dropped, c'mon people WE KNOW ....well a number of us know what's coming befor you(nexon) apparently. some of us do or try keeping up to date with KR's server. noooww i it was something like the seal shop addition that's understandable since we're seemingly the only ones with the lv90 mats in there
    Dokkundaws360
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited June 13, 2017
    When they start doing huge global-wide updates for an increasingly unpopular game, it's a sign the game is on it's last stages, in my experience.

I'm not usually one for doomsday predictions, but I've seen it happen quite a few times. Enjoy Vindi while it lasts, mercenaries.
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    NinoG wrote: »
    sign... i just back for nearly 1 month. Gonna check a bit more time after this "revolution" and see how it works first. But it sounds bad anyway, just put a tiny single hope then.

P.s: i remember the day when DragonNest developers bring "revolution" to players 3 years ago. DragonNest's totally dead after few months. No one's wanna hear about that game any longer.
    I accepted that free/casual players , won't bring profit for the company. But they help on widening the communities. A ''global'' game without them, only scratch-card-players, is totally THE SAME with PRIVATE SERVER.
    If NX kills them, then they're done.

Was that the whole "T5" thing or whatever it was called? When they removed half the game modes and made every enemy in all but end-game content die in one hit in every mode (after removing all but two battle difficulties)? Because I joined 5 days before that, absolutely adored the game, then that update completely killed it for me. I was still leveling up my character and having fun with the challenge of running all my leveling dungeons on Abyss. The all of a sudden everything changed to die in one hit and I couldn't even use my Alchemist (?) class mechanics (the bubbles) because there was nothing left to use my bubble attacks on after everything, even the boss, died to a single basic bubble-building attack. The game lost all purpose for me; I wasn't going to slog through a mindless grind that didn't even teach me how to play my class correctly or offer any challenge whatsoever. So I hope that such an update NEVER happens to Vindictus, or I will leave it and NEVER go back, just like Dragon Nest.

However, this update looks nothing like the Dragon Nest one did. Sure, it seems to make game progression easier for average players, but mainly by combating gear progression issues and the difficulty of finding a party, among other things. As far as I know, boss HP isn't getting nerfed into oblivion. I do remember reading that some stuff will have reduced HP. Ein Lacher is -50% HP, which is sort of counter-challenge, but then they're super stressful battles and it's annoying as all heck when you spend 10 minutes chipping away at a boss to get a gold then end up getting hit near the end. I'm not sure how I feel about that challenge being reduced, but we'll see. Then other bosses will have less HP due to the party size being reduced, but that's relative anyways, so it shouldn't make any difference?
    NinoGMintchi
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    crackmonk wrote: »
    noooww i it was something like the seal shop addition that's understandable since we're seemingly the only ones with the lv90 mats in there

Not anymore. We actually got that with RISE. XD I have ZERO idea why if they intended to just increase the Orange Drop Rate significantly. I mean.....tbh KR didn't really need that part of the update since the drop rate was increased for all orange rare mats. Dullahan Weapon Essence alone ended up dropping from 80-120m down to 40m.