[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise: Revolution Preview

Comments

• GoodrichGoodrich
    Vindictus Rep: 515
    So, making +15 absurdly harder to get with AP restore changes and success reductions, destruction prevent runes in seal shop for absurd costs and still resets enhancement, even higher (and further unbalanced) enhancements beyond 15? Why even bother using Balance enchants, just get high AddDmg, Crit, and AttSpd. Won't matter if the (probably) unchanged formula.
    New Actives for transformation; yes, thank you. And it's a free tree wipe. No more useless skills I wasted from grinding it on release..
    Not being able to enhance gear under level 60; kind of a bad hit but not very noticable considering you're usually lv70 before you even do Colhens S1 raids.
    Animation removal from Potions and repair kit doesn't make for much reason to worry, just another generic feature to make you further harder to kill. Bet then multi-pot use will also stop bosses from aggroing them specifically..
    New stat scaling: I guess it's a bit more simple, but doesn't quick battle have requirements anyway? Guess it helps for the elitist parties..
    Hero mode requiring level 90? Why? Are you actually going to add viable enchants? Or still full of "Fine" and "Enduring"
    Movement speed is a godsend, especially for CBlack Hammer and Lion, as well as TDesert.
    Balance adjustments but not a single hint or clue as to what? Is Sword-Lann going to see another -15% gliding fury damage and reduced crit cap? Is Delia's silly damage with small risks going to be changed too? I might be biased, but there are some small changes that make a big effect..

Overall score: 2/5.
    Too many changes that probably won't make newcomers be too interested, and making end-game gearing just blatantly cash-cowing or RNG lotto.
    Hopefully the "optimizations" will fix the god forsaken UI halving framerates, and better multicore support...
    Can I petition for Closed Beta title to affect all characters on the account or is that asking too much..?
    daws360
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    So.....are we getting more players with this? Where's the server merge and the removal of IP lock?
    daws360SirRFI7th_Sister
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited June 10, 2017
    Goodrich wrote: »
    Hero mode requiring level 90? Why? Are you actually going to add viable enchants? Or still full of "Fine" and "Enduring"

I Don't THINK Hero requires lvl 90? I can check tonight in stream though. It drops all Rank 9 and 8 enchants on the hero runs. Of course 5 runs a day. 6 with VIP/VVIP.

No idea if the UI is fixed overall since i use a 7700k CPU so my game runs constantly fine 99% of the time HOWEVER the results screen is ABSOLUTELY smooth since it only tracks 5-6 stats instead of 20+ stats. It's clean, simple, and straight to the point. Other than that the rest in terms of optimizations is all on the weaker PC builds.
  • MintchiMintchi
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    I hate this....Vindictus is turning into a typical mmo with some of these changes and it just seems like they're removing difficulties and adding no difficulties. And where is Dullahan?
    arkaine757daws360
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    VinVin wrote: »
    Can the old S2 nerfed raids still drop scrolls? I guess that would be their reason to do something like this.

Yes they can. I have gotten a few Rank 8 and 9 scrolls from S2 "raids". Rank 6 and 7 are only S3, I'm pretty sure the regular dungeons can drop Rank 6 and 7. Dullahan still doesn't drop scrolls yet.
    Normal or hero version? Is there any reward difference between them?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    SirRFI wrote: »
    VinVin wrote: »
    Can the old S2 nerfed raids still drop scrolls? I guess that would be their reason to do something like this.

Yes they can. I have gotten a few Rank 8 and 9 scrolls from S2 "raids". Rank 6 and 7 are only S3, I'm pretty sure the regular dungeons can drop Rank 6 and 7. Dullahan still doesn't drop scrolls yet.
    Normal or hero version? Is there any reward difference between them?

Both. Difference is however the good rank 9 and 8 drop from hero.
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    To be fair, making +11 and double rank 6/7 set will be much easier than before. The problem comes after that.

As long as they don't make +13 a requirement for raids with ridiculously high defense/boss mechanics, then I can live with that. I have a vague feeling that tanking/trading blows from now on will be a regular thing in this game with the changes associated. This would allow them to make absolutely trash raid/boss that require you to abuse the super armor stats/no hp pot drinking animations and we will be getting more content at low quality.
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Well, I read a full translation of the Korean RISE patch notes, and it looks like the single best update the game has ever seen to me, assuming it all plays as well as it sounds on paper. I'm sure some of it will fall flat, but it still looks excellent, especially for attracting your average, casual player. The hardcores may complain, but they still have plenty of ways to be hardcore with the way end-game gear progression works, as far as I know.

Though I can't speak for a lot of the content of the last couple years, because I haven't played Vindictus in all that time, only checking in for news occasionally. And I'm glad I did. I am definitely going to give Vindictus another shot after RISE releases! The only issue remaining is that I assume it is still peer-to-peer hosting...

...however, the changing of much content to a 4-man system helps to solve some of these issues. Personally, I think that 4-player content is more enjoyable than 8-player; each player counts more, but at the same time it's not so impossible to clear it solo if 3/4 of the players are poor. Plus, you get a bonus for doing so. It's a win-win in that regard. But more to the point, having the majority of the game as 4-player content will largely increase the number of potential hosts. There are many players who can host 3-4 players, but not 8. It will also make finding a party easier, especially for newer players playing older, less popular content. Previously, you basically had to request a friend to carry you through battles like Weeping Queen or Irukul. Now, it should be more realistic for new players to actually form their own parties.

A couple of the concerns I have with the changes are the instant consumables. If I'm understanding it correctly, all potions will essentially become like merc potions, except with a 5-second cooldown. That's way too much healing. Even if superior potions spike in price as a result, I used to sustain in raids just chugging standard HP potions while moving whenever I had a chance. This change is like taking that sustain and multiplying it ten-fold. Unless more battles have instant-kill mechanics willynilly, or if potions have a cap on how many can be brought into battle like long ago, I can't see anyone actually dying.

Also, I'm a bit peeved about the movement to block item transfer between characters on the same ID. This is skewed in favour of people who have a different ID for every character, and I don't see why it's all that necessary to begin with. If these changes must be implemented, we need permanent shared storage (assuming we don't already have it and I just don't know), and it needs to allow the transfer of all items, not just a select few.

Overall, though, so many things look streamlined. So many little changes have been made that have a huge impact. I'm really looking forward to this and hoping that it will turn out as well as it sounds on paper.
    UsagiiiKun
  • ZombiKonZombiKon
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    So we get the full update?
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140

I Don't THINK Hero requires lvl 90? I can check tonight in stream though. It drops all Rank 9 and 8 enchants on the hero runs. Of course 5 runs a day. 6 with VIP/VVIP.

No idea if the UI is fixed overall since i use a 7700k CPU so my game runs constantly fine 99% of the time HOWEVER the results screen is ABSOLUTELY smooth since it only tracks 5-6 stats instead of 20+ stats. It's clean, simple, and straight to the point. Other than that the rest in terms of optimizations is all on the weaker PC builds.

It does require level 90.
  • BountyBounty
    JamesGross wrote: »
    What's so bad about being screwed endlessly by terrible rng and paywalls, guys?

I know right? Seriously.

oh me gawg you are so smart in editing someone's original post.

If you aren't happy just freaking quit. So you're expecting them to make +15-+20 at chance of 70% just so you can be happy? Get the F* outta here. I bet you pay little to nothing to contribute to keep this game alive, yet expects so much out of it (WITHOUT Paying).

Let's say everyone gets rare drops every single run and everyone gets +20, what do you think it will do to the market?... Freaking peasants.

you know the problem with telling people to quit is eventually there will be no one left that they will be forced to shut the game no different than what happened to DFO with all the mistakes they made running that game. That is what happens. There will always be crap. The point is people can only take so much crap and then it affects there business. As it stands, there are too few people spending NX, karma, etc. that they think this is for the better.

The Korean base has already spoken about a lot of the changes. A game can only endure so much.
    daws360cyreus
  • BountyBounty
    Order5 wrote: »
    For KR yes it's a thing. We didn't have it until around maybe a few days later. They've been ironing out the update with constant emergency maintenance's. No idea if NA will adopt the 5 runs a day for S1 and 2

As expected. They tried to do too much an one time and it blew up in their faces.

Well someone on KR already compiled 100 bugs within like....2 days of it's release so it's rather comical to me. I honestly wished they would have stayed with the "Batch of Changes" method like they originally planned. Not as much bugs and things were fixed with everything back on schedule quickly. Though with all of these bugs being discovered there have been A LOT of emergency maintenance. I haven't really encountered much of the bugs. Maybe a one WHY IS MASAKA IN THE FLOOR.... things like that Kappa

and that is why things should never be rushed. They just want to try and milk those players who pay. It's already a farce.
  • MintchiMintchi
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    Armageddal wrote: »
    Well, I read a full translation of the Korean RISE patch notes, and it looks like the single best update the game has ever seen to me, assuming it all plays as well as it sounds on paper. I'm sure some of it will fall flat, but it still looks excellent, especially for attracting your average, casual player. The hardcores may complain, but they still have plenty of ways to be hardcore with the way end-game gear progression works, as far as I know.

Though I can't speak for a lot of the content of the last couple years, because I haven't played Vindictus in all that time, only checking in for news occasionally. And I'm glad I did. I am definitely going to give Vindictus another shot after RISE releases! The only issue remaining is that I assume it is still peer-to-peer hosting...

...however, the changing of much content to a 4-man system helps to solve some of these issues. Personally, I think that 4-player content is more enjoyable than 8-player; each player counts more, but at the same time it's not so impossible to clear it solo if 3/4 of the players are poor. Plus, you get a bonus for doing so. It's a win-win in that regard. But more to the point, having the majority of the game as 4-player content will largely increase the number of potential hosts. There are many players who can host 3-4 players, but not 8. It will also make finding a party easier, especially for newer players playing older, less popular content. Previously, you basically had to request a friend to carry you through battles like Weeping Queen or Irukul. Now, it should be more realistic for new players to actually form their own parties.

I wouldn't say that it's "excellent."
    And the issue is, Vindictus is fine for the average casual player as it is. Now, there will be an even bigger divide between the average casual player and the hardcore player.

I don't think the 4 player system is a positive change. There are some runs that scale stats based on the amount of players, and the challenge makes it fun. East is already pretty empty, but if we can fill 4 spots, there will be less need for more players. 8 player raids means more diversity, more team work and coordination, more challenge in some cases, more social opportunity, and QB's allow more rewards. Previously, I didn't have to ask anyone to carry me through raids. My friend and I just read the attacks of those easily predictable S1 raid bosses and got through it. We're not even hardcore, we just play video games.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Bounty wrote: »

It does require level 90.

Yeah i ended up trying it. It does. U right bruh.
  • AibouAibou
    Vindictus Rep: 835
    But will we be able to enhance our current lvl 90 weapons? My weapon material says "Max Enhance Level 15", so i wonder if they will rise those to 20 or if we get whole new drops and and have to try enhancement from the beginning... It's an unbroken +15, so I'd love to give it a try at least.
  • F0l2sakenF0l2saken
    Vindictus Rep: 265
    edited June 11, 2017
    I am going to celebrate this awful update by throwing all sets I have like Succubus Queen in the trash can. This update is so horrible I won't even support the local game economy by giving it to someone before deleting my account.

This update is clearly a sign that the game is dead, not a single part of this update does anything to invite new players. Now new players will have to play the entire way to level 90 before they can even get a challenge with this game. I can't recall where anyone on the forums complained about normal, hard, and hero difficulties so don't give me that BS about listening to the community shixon, you never have from day one.

Potion animation removed with now a delay? Lets take a crucial element of the game that has worked perfectly fine since its creation and change it for no reason at all just to see how it works, sounds like a great idea shixon, did you guys come up with that idea while you were out at a bar getting drunk?

Your enhancement /enchantment updates are clearly to suck as much money out of your dying community while you still can.

Everything about this update says "Make as much money off this dying game while we still can, who cares about new players"

There's a reason shixon is the most complained about company in MMO gaming history, just look at any of their games, you'll find the same complaints about a company that is completely out of touch with its customers.

RIP Vindictus, time to delete all my sets.

MadcobracyreusMintchiAnduridaws360
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    edited June 11, 2017
    F0l2saken wrote: »
    I am going to celebrate this awful update by throwing all sets I have like Succubus Queen in the trash can. This update is so horrible I won't even support the local game economy by giving it to someone before deleting my account.

Well done, at least that will save people from your server from seeing pathetic things like players with +15 level 90 weapons begging for items, like I witnessed some weeks ago in Europe.
    daws360
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited June 11, 2017
    Edit: Let me check something....I MAY be wrong here? I never looked at the Attack SPeed upgrade and these are probably what we had previous and I just forgot since i never used this tbh...

Edit 2: Yeah the pic I had up disregard that. Took that down because I was wrong there after double checking. I checked the Balance and the attack speed ones and yep forgot the other ones were cheaper already. Moral of the story lvl 95 shards and Sealed Power (Essence as NA calls it) costs the same on mats and gold as 90.

Edit 3: Dismantled a lvl 95 shard and it gave me Shard Fragments. Useless since the pouch shop is gone HOWEVER easy gold since they sell to NPC's for 3k a pop.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Why is so everybody dramatic about quitting ? Just uninstall and move on to the next one. Instead its people saying they will curse all of their stuff to the deepest depths of hell, triple delete everything, burn the characters, and bury the ashes just to make sure lol
    DokkunUsagiiiKundaws360HuangYiXin
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I talked to the developers in Korea. After I poured many martini's in them, they confessed that this update has one single purpose. To blow up your +15 weapons.
    Mintchidaws360