[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

It's coming and you can't stop it: RISE Update

Comments

• lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Question2 wrote: »

Also all level 80 and below mats will become useless, so use them up before RISE hits. Derpcat did not bother to write a simple script to convert all existing mats into the newer versions and they just left all veterans with stockpiled mats high and dry (again).

Ah thats pretty lame, I was hoping they would retroactively convert them. Though now I suppose I'll have alot more inventory space.
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    edited June 10, 2017
    I'm just happy about the hp pot update so I can play my Lann again, running and that slow ass pot animation was so annoying. On my kai, you have distance and can pot as much as you like which I thought was unfair for my Lann. Removing double booming was probably to stop people from rage quitting and then having to restore weapons via ticket system.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100

Basically what the Nexon is trying to do. Don't give in! Spend less!
    daws360Xie
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    It's hard to keep playing when your expectations about the future are so close to -273 °C aka Absolute Zero.
    daws360Xie
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    MyDelia wrote: »
    I have over 18 bil gold sitting on my characters.

You should donate some of that to a worthy voice of dissent, such as myself.
    daws360
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    Oh, and to make matters worse, boss HP is getting increased to compensate for additional damage. If you don't have at least a full set of +10 armor and a +12 weapon (level 90 because lower level gear will have nerfed additional damage), you will deal proportionally less damage to bosses than before. I think s3 raid boses have roughly 50% more HP after RISE? So if you dont have enough additional damage to increase your DPS by at least 50% you are worse off.

Everyone who has already claimed their level 90 character goal rewards will be absolutely screwed because they wont have a full set of +10 level 90 OJ gear, which means their DPS got massively nerfed. Basically, all the newbies who are currently using the free level 90 gear and farming seals to make level 90 OJ gear will not be able to do anything in raids after RISE, because they wont have the +10 gear.

Even the players who haven't claimed their gear will still need to get scrolls for their new +10 armor, or use runes to +10 their existing armor, before they can get to the "correct" level of additional damage that the raids will be blaanced for. Neither option is appealing.

The one upside that i can think of is that if you can infinitely AP restore items for cheap, you wont need enchant runes anymore since you can just pay a small amount of AP to restore. But i get the feeling that theres a catch somewhere...

Also all level 80 and below mats will become useless, so use them up before RISE hits. Derpcat did not bother to write a simple script to convert all existing mats into the newer versions and they just left all veterans with stockpiled mats high and dry (again).

Once something goes boom you cannot enhance it anymore making it completely useless. It's a waste of space and has no utility to yourself. -_-
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    lumix345 wrote: »

Ah thats pretty lame, I was hoping they would retroactively convert them. Though now I suppose I'll have alot more inventory space.
    Guess after that happens I wont need my mat mules anymore. More inventory space and character slots.