[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

It's coming and you can't stop it: RISE Update

PuppymanPuppyman
Vindictus Rep: 3,055
edited June 9, 2017 in General Discussion
Nexon wrote:
This summer brings for Vindictus' newest update, and no punches are being pulled with this one. Say hello to the Rise: Revolution update, a massive overhaul of Vindictus unlike anything that's been seen before.

Please note, the following changes may impact on existing characters:

Characters below Level 60 will not be able to enhance their gear, even with Enhancement Coupons. If you have an Enhancement Coupon with an expiration date on a low-level character, make sure to use it while you can.
Due to changes to the Marketplace system, all items listed on the Marketplace will be returned to your mailbox when the update arrives. However, listing fees will not be returned. Because of this, we highly recommend not listing high value items for long durations until after the update is released.

The sheer number of changes coming with the Rise: Revolution update is simply massive, with nearly every piece of Vindictus affected in one way or another. The following is a preview of many of the improvements to come, and we'll be giving you more details as the update approaches, so stay tuned!

Key Changes

Story
Learn more about your favorite mercenaries with new, expanded backstories that can be viewed during character creation
Added the ability to skip NPC conversation dialogue

Character / Battle
Balance adjustment for each Characters
Introduction of 2 new stats: Battle Power and Technique
Battle Power is Attack or Magic Attack + Defense
Technique is Critical + Balance
New Paladin and Dark Knight Path skills
Removed potion drinking animation for most consumables in battles
A cooldown timer has been added in its place
Drinking potions in Redeemers will cause an additional slow effect
Simplified battle difficulties
Most battles are now available on Normal and Hero modes
Hero mode will have a minimum level 90 requirement
Increased Battle Movement Speed
Increased Town Movement Speed for those wearing Outfit items

System
Battle Quest System improvements for more convenient battle departures and continuing quests from within battles
Multi-Process mode has been added to additional battle quests
Level requirements have been added to Enchanting (Lv. 50) and Enhancing (Lv. 60)
New Character Growth Goals rewards
Improvements to Marketplace search functionality
Weight system has been removed
Assist system has been removed
One page of Shared Storage is now free to everyone upon completion of the related quest

Item

Enchant scrolls – Consolidated, removed, or added some scrolls
Maximum enhancement level has been increased to 20
Enhancement probability has been modified
+1 - +11 success rates have been increased
+13 - +15 success rates have been decreased
Total success probability of reaching +15 remains the same
Certain Enchant and Enhancement items will Fragment on a failed attempt, granting items that can be used to improve your odds further
Changes have been made to the Item Restoration system
AP costs for restoring items have been drastically reduced, however restored items can no longer be enhanced further

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/23203/rise-revolution-preview

Thoughts and despairs?

!!!ATTENTION!!!

FOR THOSE QUITTING: SEND GOLD AND ITEMS TO TYSKIYOMIA OR TYSKIYOMA
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION!

Comments

• PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    tumblr_nqungkZrYb1tvu2byo1_500.png
    TetsujinLazutLameShadowdaws360Dillonz
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    EIN lacher reduced by 50%. Thank you Devs
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    e60efad4_train.jpeg
    TheDazzlingAtsouXieAnthonytonyboy
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Nail in the coffin.
    Xiedaws360Dillonz
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    UsagiiiKun
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited June 9, 2017
    eww, max +20 but +13-+15 success rate drops, what the heck

wonder how much a +20 will worth? 100b?
    daws360
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    eww, max +20 but +13-+15 success rate drops, what the heck

wonder how much a +20 will worth? 100b?

Probably need to sell one of my testicles just to afford one.
    PhoebeHalliweldaws360
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Puppyman wrote: »
    Nexon wrote:
    Removed potion drinking animation for most consumables in battles
    A cooldown timer has been added in its place
    Drinking potions in Redeemers will cause an additional slow effect
    16fba460233355641ca32e6bfe8a0171.gif

Didn't they remove this change?! :(
    daws360
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    I'm so hyped and I'm so ready and this is so good and HELL YEAH
    giphy.gif
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    This update is straight trash lol.
    PixelPantsuarkaine757daws360Dillonz
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Lol the number of negativity never fails to humor me.

I think only people who aren't ready because they do not have enough Money or gold to advance. Yet they are the same people who sit there and complain about things are getting boring, there's no updates, there's no changes.

Just run with it, updating is happening whether you like it or not. A simple "Uninstall" would suffice, and save yourself further embarrassment.
    JamesGrossAtsouEnigmaTaro
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Only update that matters to me is Miri, as she'll be the most affected by this update as she'll be the new character on the block.

Everything else.....just have to wait and see. (Loving the QoL changes, but those enhance rates.....)
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 9, 2017
    A simple "Uninstall" would suffice, and save yourself further embarrassment.

No. That's a horrible idea. You should perform the proper ritual of quitting:

1) Announce your leaving with a thread. This will serve as your resignation letter as a mercenary and a hero.

2) Plan a give away to erase temptations of returning and to pass on your tools of legacy to the heroes who will continue on in your stead.

3) Have an in-game celebration for your characters, your time spent in Vindictus, the people you've met along the way, and a closing chapter in your life.
    PixelPantsuTetsujinBloodAngelLazutBowtacojrdaws360DillonzjjX
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited June 9, 2017
    The patch notes seem really rushed.....they didn't even mention S1E1 reconstruction and visual changes nor did they mention optimizations.

Edit: Preview derp
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655

I think only people who aren't ready because they do not have enough Money or gold to advance. Yet they are the same people who sit there and complain about things are getting boring, there's no updates, there's no changes.

Just run with it, updating is happening whether you like it or not. A simple "Uninstall" would suffice, and save yourself further embarrassment.

I cannot condone the straight idiocy of this illogic that you have.
    The fact that you have JamesGross giving you an insightful is more than enough as well.

Junyoop had a number of characters set at endgame gear and he does not want this update.
    I have

Arisha
    Lynn
    Hurk
    Delia
    Vella
    Kai
    Evie
    Lann

All at endgame gear and many of them with +15 level 90 weapons and capped stats. I have over 18 bil gold sitting on my characters. I do not want this update.

The only good thing about this update is that the moment the server is back up I will log in, blow up all of my weapons (including my +15s which had been stuck and I couldn't enhance them anymore) and then quit permanently instead of the back and forth that I'm doing with the game now. My last guild mate that stuck with me through the last 8 years has just permanently quit 2 months ago as well so this will be the end of it.
    arkaine757daws360
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 9, 2017
    MyDelia wrote: »
    All at endgame gear and many of them with +15 level 90 weapons and capped stats. I have over 18 bil gold sitting on my characters. I do not want this update.

The only good thing about this update is that the moment the server is back up I will log in, blow up all of my weapons (including my +15s which had been stuck and I couldn't enhance them anymore) and then quit permanently instead of the back and forth that I'm doing with the game now. My last guild mate that stuck with me through the last 8 years has just permanently quit 2 months ago as well so this will be the end of it.

I'll take any donations, yes please and thank you~
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    The patch notes seem really rushed.....they didn't even mention S1E1 reconstruction and visual changes nor did they mention optimizations.

I appreciate the news post. At least we know now.
    MyDelia wrote: »

I cannot condone the straight idiocy of this illogic that you have.
    The fact that you have JamesGross giving you an insightful is more than enough as well.

Junyoop had a number of characters set at endgame gear and he does not want this update.
    I have

Arisha
    Lynn
    Hurk
    Delia
    Vella
    Kai
    Evie
    Lann

Bye
    daws360
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875

If you haven't noticed this is exactly what our patch notes look like. I expect this to be a copy paste when the update does come. They always have ninja updates. Btw this is cool we get rise before any content this summer we've been looking foward to since Winter. *sarcasm*
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    If people actually knows the MOST recent changes, then they'd panic. Not looking toward ultra-broken additional damage because this director is unable to do maths. Also calling something fake that Nexon NA just confirmed. (enhancement rates)

Credibility DOL = 0.

Also

Sorry for being in a forums, where people give their opinions.

Anyway looking forward the update still, despite the garbage unnecessary damage changes and the pot animation removal. Rest is fine/ok.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    i'd take any change over this retarded enhancement change any day. I foresee some sort of enhancement rune for +13-+15 coming up while they will permanently sell +11 and +12 rune in depot for some retarded amount of NX.