[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Where is everyone?

FrosslassFrosslass
Vindictus Rep: 330
in General Discussion
Sorry if this is a thread thats been made a gazillion times but im very curious, comparatively the forums seem active enough but when i get in game im lucky to see any parties anyway, and while i understand that may be due to me being low level but is that really what it is?

Is this games playerbase all lvl 80+ ? at least the active ones? this is a fun game but part of my fun comes from playing with people and goofing off and i cant seem to get that from anywhere. Everything low level seems to be solo because no one is low level and running stuff.

Comments

• Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Don't know which server you're on, but usualy on Europe it is recommended to join an active guild, so that you have fellow people to play with, as you level up.

If you can't find anyone your level to party with, atleast some of your guild mates can be available to help on the harder quests.
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    I'm on NA West....at least i am now because my friend convinced me that West meant NA and East meant another country.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    From my experience, I honestly think that the majority of players that are active are all 80+. A lot of the lower level content is pretty dead since most of the time people like to level with just friends/guildies or speed through story on their alts solo so they can do higher level content (like s3 raids). The difficulty of the story stuff has gotten to a point where it's pretty easy to just solo everything except the raids. From time to time you'll see people do the level 60/70 raids and mega for people to join (on west).

If you're looking for people to goof off with and play with, you should join a guild (: I feel like there's still quite a bit of people playing vindi, it's just that some of them aren't vocal on megas, don't use forums, and/or just do things with friends and not randoms. Just gotta find that gem xD
    jjXGhengisJohn
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    West and East are both part of NA. It's just everyone's at lvl 80+ or something. But yeah, join a guild.
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    Xie wrote: »
    West and East are both part of NA. It's just everyone's at lvl 80+ or something. But yeah, join a guild.

Living in Texas what server should i be on? I mean my ping's fine on West and i dont feel it will get that much better on something closer. Which Server is most populated?
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited May 31, 2017
    Frosslass wrote: »
    Xie wrote: »

Living in Texas what server should i be on? I mean my ping's fine on West and i dont feel it will get that much better on something closer. Which Server is most populated?

You're kind of in the middle of the States so doesn't really matter lol or at least it I didn't feel any difference for me.
    East is slightly more populated than West

Edit: Oh yeah, most of the server population also plays in the evening too so you may be able to find a lot more players during that time.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    I agree with Xie. I do think there are more players on East. Also, the Character chat has been very useful for finding ppl to play with or to just strike up a conversation with. Lynn chat is particularly active from my experience.
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    Yeah, the playerbase for people below 80 is quite low. I had trouble finding parties even at level 70. Hoping the rise update pulls some players back, since its going to make things easier
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    We are also currently at the end of one of those transition periods where people are on vacation until new content comes out. The next major update is expected towards the end of this month or next month, so a lot of players may be back in action soon. School will also be out by then.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    tumblr_ntaubyZyKp1qj4315o1_500.gif
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    It depends on the day and sever. theres usually a good amount of people online. (Though mostly high levels) during Fridays Thursdays and weekends. the time table of when they're online varies. i've found the East sever to be most active during those days between 4 and 12pm. its mostly quick battle S2/3 raids though and nothing else. you'll sometimes see a raid for ingkells or colru but its mostly S2/3.

the comment above mine from Order5 is also correct. a decent bit of players should come back for the Rise update. and anless i read it wrong and we aren't getting her till much later in the year. with Miri coming out you'll have plenty of lower level alts playing
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Order5 wrote: »
    We are also currently at the end of one of those transition periods where people are on vacation until new content comes out. The next major update is expected towards the end of this month or next month, so a lot of players may be back in action soon. School will also be out by then.

Eh, who's still in school now? University peeps are out, high schoolers are out; everyone who's a normal part of the player base should pretty much be free. The people I know both here and in the EU are already done. Since I've seen the RISE update I've done nothing but log in for free outfitters for the most part, and I know others who are doing the same. I'm putting my time and money into other titles, and again, I know regulars who are doing the same.

You're right about there being a lull because of the lack of content, but school work isn't keeping the majority of Vindi's pop from resurfacing.
    Xie
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Order5 wrote: »

Eh, who's still in school now? University peeps are out, high schoolers are out; everyone who's a normal part of the player base should pretty much be free. The people I know both here and in the EU are already done. Since I've seen the RISE update I've done nothing but log in for free outfitters for the most part, and I know others who are doing the same. I'm putting my time and money into other titles, and again, I know regulars who are doing the same.

You're right about there being a lull because of the lack of content, but school work isn't keeping the majority of Vindi's pop from resurfacing.

Some schools go up to 12th of June. Or people go to work.
    Weekdays seem to die down up until ~5-9pm/
    Sometimes got some late nighters after 10pm towards 1am.
    Most people just waiting for Dully/95 or Rise, whichever comes first, though as I said many times: I have yet to see concrete source of Global release of Rise.
    XieSlothPrincess
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 6, 2017
    Wao I'm a victim of double post.
    I never knew until it happened to me. Don't make the same mistake as me, survive! SURIVEVE!
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Prototypemind I just had my last finals yesterday myself, and a couple of my guildies have a couple finals left so yeah. Still some people in school.
    I'm not saying that no one is left in school, I'm saying that the number still in is so minimal that I doubt the game is suddenly going to be flooded with players just because of that. Not really playing anyway, but when I've been on population has been horrid for summer time. There's no real way to get a good metric because of all the launcher changes that have occurred with Vindi but even with Steam Charts showing an increase for May boats were definitely not plentiful nor were they filling very well over the past few weeks.

Maybe I'll be entirely wrong and those who still aren't out of school will save the population.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 6, 2017
    God, even sensible people are now bickering over absolutely nothing. My point was simple: some people are still in school and can dedicate more time to Vindictus once they are out. Stop reading so far into each others' comments. Also, forgive me if my national state just happens to be the only place in the world that still has people attending school.
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    lol its more then just school the game is just not very active, all year around its not active they need to actually do something to bring in more players or do a server merge enough with the **** outfits its like thats there main priority
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    I haven't been playing because every update I lose FPS. Upgraded my computer about a year and a half ago. Started out at 60 fps in raids. Was really happy. Over the course of that time I worked my way back down to 38 in some raids, 17 in others. Have been getting the same 80 fps in OW the whole time so it's not like my cpu or gpu is dying. I can't stand to look at/play this game at an inconsistent frame rate. So I'll probably be away till I can upgrade to something with better single core performance than my FX processor. A Ryzen perhaps. Anyone know how they handle vindi btw?

Well that or until they hammer out real multi-core support. I think I heard that was being worked on but I've heard that a lot of times before. With Intel moving onto processors with many cores finally it might be a good time to actually look into that.
    @ghengisjohn there's a reddit post where someone tested it with a nice Rizen set. It performed pretty well. I wouldn't rush. There's still a lot of optimization to be done with Rizen's and odds are Nexon will not be proactive in implementing what's necessary even if you have an amazing cpu/mb combo that's meant to work wonders. This game will likely stay dull when it comes to performance until the day it shuts down. I definitely would not buy anything based around how it runs Vindi; buy hardware focused on titles with dev houses that are proactive in getting the most out of their games. It wouldn't hurt to keep single-thread performance in mind for out of date games like Vindi, but don't make it a priority.
    XieGhengisJohn