[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

When was your first Holy #$%* moment?

ikeviikevi
Vindictus Rep: 3,670
edited June 3, 2017 in General Discussion
You know the moments that make you just what just happened? That was awesome!

For me it was the first time I discovered the true End boss of the early episodes... The dreaded Column...
Xie

Comments

• UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    during one holiday season when I first saw some holly on a decorative wreath!

tumblr_n80cyaUSnX1tbcb1to4_540.png
  • ikeviikevi
    ;-) yeah saw that after I posted.
    UsagiiiKun
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    One time, in the early days of Lynn, I was running a Kheaghan run with her.
    During the entire run I suddenly got possessed by the spirit of Lynn herself or something, cause I was playing like a mad man. I was zooming all over with little rat procs and landing golds like a god. Throughout the entire run I did not take one hit and for the most part was always right on the boss.
    Afterwards I was just in awe knowing it was a once in a life time experience.
    I'm sure I was a nervous wreck right after with all that adrenaline I just accumulated from the raid.
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    When Glas showed up the trailer and when I first played the raid.
    Crom Cruiach, that moment when he is at his last bar and decides "oh you are domned now" and starts that AOE suicide attack.
    When Glas returned in Season 3.
    Neamain, just when i saw the trailer, heard the music, god it was EPIC.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited June 3, 2017
    ikevi wrote: »
    The dreaded Column...

That thing still one shot kills me +cry

Ingkells always has a place in my heart. The first time I ran it was one of my favorites. Having to fight a fierce battle, then moments later you hear the gates opening, wondering what that was and then a second later you see large groups of enemies coming your way with super armor. Then your on the floor realizing that this isn't a boss your fighting, its an army
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    Joke aside I'll never forget the time I was just minding my business in town when a Vella named "LadyFootlocker" walked up to me and started chanting "smell" while FULLY covered in those camo tattoos in neon green and black. Then her body proceeded to fluctuate, as if she was using an appearance alteration coupon but in town??? I have no explanation so don't ask leh
    BloodAngel
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Back in my early days of vindi i saw a kai in colhen dock. He was in DK2 and had a black wolf. At the time i was not even lvl 30. I didn't even know what transformation is. Then later i just thought that maybe was some event item effect? :D
  • ikeviikevi
    Some good stuff.

And yeah Puppyman managing to get that perfect run while being aggressive is exhilarating.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 3, 2017
    I've got a few moments...

The trap of re-building the fort during Elchulus's figure-8 flight pattern in 24-man God of Fomors. I literally thought that would be the end of the raid because I was still a level 43 noob that didn't know about Party Feathers, and half the party died so suddenly and instantly. Ancient Elchulus was my first Royal Army Raid, which was also the first time I was in a party with other players. I was so nervous because I was only level 43, I had no idea what the mechanics would be, what a 24-man raid is like in general in this game (if they were different from other games), or if the community would be mean to me for causing the raid to fail due to being a noob. The only thing I had going for me was all my World of Warcraft experience and my knowledge about dragons from Dungeons & Dragons - general information like "always fight a dragon on its side" (because breath attacks and tail swipes)...

It happened again later at level 80, except this time none of the survivors used a Party Feather, so someone ended up gracing:
    HICdrfr.jpg

My first time running Ancient Siglint. I thought I would do pretty well since I've done a few Royal Army raids now...I died instantly at the start of the raid: PYBIkZx.jpg

Oh but it gets much worse...
    XzE30ql.jpg

ikeviBloodAngel2edgy4u
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    When i discovered this game. Then when i realized what Nexon does to it.
    BloodAngel2edgy4uXie
  • RossaryRossary
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    When red all negative cooment on vindi EU forums about NX NA, i tought thet they all are overreacting, after 16th i realized they all were true, since then i trust random people on internet more. +haha
    PhoebeHalliwelBloodAngel2edgy4uXie
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    I ended up disliking him later but when Ellis died I sat there thinking "he can't be dead... right?"

But he was very, very dead.

I think the other moment for me was when we had to kill Silberin and Ingkells?
    2edgy4u
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Got smashed with Red Chieftain's hammer in Open Beta, so did my party.
    Fighting White Tyrant for the first time, what the hell did they feed that thing.
    Fighting Stribog for the first time, omg they gave White Tyrant steroids and growth hormones.
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    LV10: gnoll chieftain
    Lv60: Glas and ingkells during the first month of their release

Arguably one of the best experiences I've had in any games up until Ep8. The amount of level of attentions they put into glas and ingkells are unparalleled and definitely the highlight of this game.
  • ikeviikevi
    pootisman wrote: »
    Arguably one of the best experiences I've had in any games up until Ep8. The amount of level of attentions they put into glas and ingkells are unparalleled and definitely the highlight of this game.

I completely agree. Still some of the funnest bosses to run.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    ikevi wrote: »
    The dreaded Column...

i totally know what youre talking about duuuuude *highfive* *fingerguns*

but my friend here doesn't get it, would you mind explaining to him?