[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Are you looking forward to the RISE update?

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in Future Content
So from what ive heard, all regions are getting RISE on June 3rd or something like that which is less than a week away. Which is like, a week after it went live on the KR test server (proving that KR devs dont care about feedback) and no changes are being made despite the overwhelming negative response from KR players on certain aspects like +20, ap restore, etc.

So are you looking forward to it or not?
  1. Are you looking forward to the RISE update?101 votes
    1. Yes
       38% (38 votes)
    2. No
       41% (41 votes)
    3. Undecided
       22% (22 votes)

Comments

• UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    so far from what I've read on the threads I must be the only loser actually excited for this update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    DokkunBabyDaniAtsouSLAMMENING420thiens2than
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    UsagiiiKun wrote: »
    so far from what I've read on the threads I must be the only loser actually excited for this update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i kinda am since i dont really care much i just play it :P really do want hurk 2nd weapon instead :(
    UsagiiiKun
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    We aren't going to receive this update on 3rd. What are you sources for that? An update so big on Saturday and without any kind of mention?
  • MJxDMJxD
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    edited May 30, 2017
    this update is pretty big and yes there are some bad changes in it but there some goods changes too some QOL changes that people been asking for years like grabbing mail anywhere in game and being able to search dyes in mp by there rgb color from the drop down stuff like that and even a map revamp for first map now think if they slowly start to update the other maps how dif the game will be how nice it will start to look with all the new textures!
    as for the bad parts like +20 and the nerf for season 1 - 2 as for the +16 - +20 yes it a pointless thing and its just massive power creep but its still a choice people forget that part it was bound to be added at some point and its just part of the game you can hate it all you want thats just how games work they add new levels etc.its massive power creep i do hate it but if its hard to get it balances out. the nerf of season 1 and season 2 iam always sad when i see a nerf for this stuff cuz i always enjoy the fun of hard bosses like crom before his big nerf he was fun : D now not really. just really wish they had more hp not enough for a raid but enough where it will be a bit fun for that level. but other then those bad things most of the other changes were really nice and improve the game in some way but its getting over shadowed by +20 etc making everyone hate it automatically which is really sad theirs lots of nice changes that help game :/
    i am fine with this update and would love to see all the good stuff but not the power creep stuff but thats just my opinion from someone thats play this game for 5 years.
    +yes
    BabyDani
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    its not perfect but i mean, its something to do...i guess ;;;;
    UsagiiiKunAtsouSLAMMENING420
  • BryanZubineBryanZubine
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    For the most part it is indeed a great update so since the list of bad things is shorter I'll stick to that,

1. Additional Damage revamp; +14s and under are getting nerfed meanwhile +15-20 are getting buffed...real hard. So hard that If I ever join a party and see a +16 or higher I'm leaving. Why should I stick around and potentially get fewer cores for doing more work than someone that doesn't even know how to play and got lucky? Which goes on to my next point...
    2. More cores per damage; Being in a stacked party was never a bad thing, boss dies faster, more raids done in a shorter time so more time to chill. Here's the problem, if you do 40%+ you get +1 core, if you do 80%+ you get 2 extra cores. As with someone with a decently decked out character, I already do up to 50ish%. With the huge power creep of 16s and higher people might actually get 80%+ and in a 4 man party someone hits 80%+ what about the other 3 members? They will average 6.6% AND if you manage to do 3% or less you get one core. Rip playing with randoms from here on out.
    3. Additional damage on armors? Come on man.....
    4. I've always been someone that wants to max out weapons/enhance/titles etc. because I find it fun. With rates for +13 to 15 being cut in half when I had already given up on ever getting a new 15 and being forced to stick to a 13 is the new thing, myself and many many others have already decided to move on to other games, I really disliked BDO but I'm getting accustomed to it since well....it has a future. Unless they do something so people have a chance of progression within the game then don't be surprised if you don't find anyone online.
    5. Massive stats increase with new items; we can't afford to spend so much NX gearing out/maxing out new gears once a year. Some can yeah but nearly as many people will be willing to do it anymore.
    6. Last but not least, Nerfed raids; for season 1 and 2 I get it. Outdated content move on to the new stuff. But S3 also being 4 man raids? I'm not digging it.

That's pretty much it unless there is unreleased info/incorrect info. I'm still holding out hope since nothing will compare until maybe Dauntless goes open beta in October sometime, and believe me I wish to be playing this game for many years to come.
    XieBownerSLAMMENING420
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    kG7MmJs.jpg

fr how many threads are people going to go complain about this on?
    do we rly need a "oh no the raids/bosses are TOO EASY and the enhancements are jacked up!!!! : (((" everywhere? one post isn't enough leh?
    risucchiPlakster
  • risucchirisucchi
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    this update is honestly great i cannot BELIEVE the """weapon nerfs""" are more important than making sure the game is, idk, stable? playable? looks good? this update should improve the core gameplay by a lot but oh noo because theyre nerfing the enhancement system + stuff it must be garbage gg

either way looking forward to the update maybe the game will be playable and run better after a year
    UsagiiiKunBabyDani
  • Question2Question2
    VinVin wrote: »
    We aren't going to receive this update on 3rd. What are you sources for that? An update so big on Saturday and without any kind of mention?

Good question, according to my friend people on Discord kept saying that it was going global on June 3rd. Maybe its just a rumour.
    BloodAngel
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited May 30, 2017
    Quick roll out of gears with massive jumps in stats? Check.
    All the end game enchants still at 40% success rate with 40% chance to blow up? Check.
    Lower rates on +15, when I haven't even gotten a 15 -since EAOB-, never mind that it goes to 20 now and a 20 is 300% more powerful than a 15? Check.
    Everything not S2 is trivialized, leaving us with a whopping 8 raids that don't die when you sneeze at it, in a game that you'll only play for the combat? Check.
    Introduce a new end game stat that they made relevant for less than half a year and leaving people who invested in it hanging? Check.
    Even regular pots are merc pots now? Check.

I already lost any motivation to login even now. I feel so disgusted by it.
    If it goes to live without changes in KR, I'm more or less out for good.
    I have to wonder if these "devs" even tried playing their game.
    FlufffyParrot
  • Question2Question2
    For the most part it is indeed a great update so since the list of bad things is shorter I'll stick to that,

1. Additional Damage revamp; +14s and under are getting nerfed meanwhile +15-20 are getting buffed...real hard. So hard that If I ever join a party and see a +16 or higher I'm leaving. Why should I stick around and potentially get fewer cores for doing more work than someone that doesn't even know how to play and got lucky? Which goes on to my next point...
    2. More cores per damage; Being in a stacked party was never a bad thing, boss dies faster, more raids done in a shorter time so more time to chill. Here's the problem, if you do 40%+ you get +1 core, if you do 80%+ you get 2 extra cores. As with someone with a decently decked out character, I already do up to 50ish%. With the huge power creep of 16s and higher people might actually get 80%+ and in a 4 man party someone hits 80%+ what about the other 3 members? They will average 6.6% AND if you manage to do 3% or less you get one core. Rip playing with randoms from here on out.
    3. Additional damage on armors? Come on man.....
    4. I've always been someone that wants to max out weapons/enhance/titles etc. because I find it fun. With rates for +13 to 15 being cut in half when I had already given up on ever getting a new 15 and being forced to stick to a 13 is the new thing, myself and many many others have already decided to move on to other games, I really disliked BDO but I'm getting accustomed to it since well....it has a future. Unless they do something so people have a chance of progression within the game then don't be surprised if you don't find anyone online.
    5. Massive stats increase with new items; we can't afford to spend so much NX gearing out/maxing out new gears once a year. Some can yeah but nearly as many people will be willing to do it anymore.
    6. Last but not least, Nerfed raids; for season 1 and 2 I get it. Outdated content move on to the new stuff. But S3 also being 4 man raids? I'm not digging it.

That's pretty much it unless there is unreleased info/incorrect info. I'm still holding out hope since nothing will compare until maybe Dauntless goes open beta in October sometime, and believe me I wish to be playing this game for many years to come.

s3 raids are still 8 man.

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    More like 3rd July.
  • Question2Question2
    Quick roll out of gears with massive jumps in stats? Check.
    All the end game enchants still at 40% success rate with 40% chance to blow up? Check.
    Lower rates on +15, when I haven't even gotten a 15 -since EAOB-, never mind that it goes to 20 now and a 20 is 300% more powerful than a 15? Check.
    Everything not S2 is trivialized, leaving us with a whopping 8 raids that don't die when you sneeze at it, in a game that you'll only play for the combat? Check.
    Introduce a new end game stat that they made relevant for less than half a year and leaving people who invested in it hanging? Check.
    Even regular pots are merc pots now? Check.

I already lost any motivation to login even now. I feel so disgusted by it.
    If it goes to live without changes in KR, I'm more or less out for good.
    I have to wonder if these "devs" even tried playing their game.

From what ive heard, most devs don't except to test stuff.

Most devs seem to operate based on one of two things : a vision (what they want the game to be) or a marketing plan (they think that a game with certain features will sell well, so they are making it for that reason). EA games tend to lean towards the latter. The former tends to be used by indie games or smaller outfits.

The problem with the former is that since its based almost entirely on what the devs want, the final product has little to no relation with what the customer actually wants. Everytime you read an interview where a game dev goes "Well, we did X because we wanted to do something new, but it turns out that the fans didn't want X, they wanted Y, our bad", this is basically what happens. The last command and conquer game with the emphasis on co-op play comes to mind.

Problems with games produced for the masses is basically, well, it tends to be generic because its trying to appeal to as many players as possible. But because of that, it does tend to have features that most players want. A usual shortcoming is poor QA due to the publisher encouraging cost cutting.

Vindi operates based on what the director thinks will increase revenue the most and will therefore make him look good in the eyes of the executives. He probably gets revenue based compensation as well (think bonuses for higher revenue, like how CEO bonuses are based partly on share prices). So as long as it increases revenue for the game, he literally does not care how big a backlash there is. What's the KR playerbase gonna do, write nasty emails to the CEO? He's pretty much untouchable. He's like the greasy salesman that everyone hates but his bosses love.
    BloodAngel
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited May 30, 2017
    Looking forward to constant 5 min timers and facetanking.
    Gewellirious
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited May 30, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    From what ive heard, most devs don't except to test stuff.

They do test it (at least they tested the Neamhain one). It's just that they're really bad at the game. There was a mini-showcase in the facebook page or some other social media where the developers were showcasing how hard the Neamhain raid was. They said it was so hard they could barely complete it. And then they released Neamhain to live server with an event of "first party to clear Neamhain gets Neamhain Eyes" or something like that, and it was cleared by at least 2 parties on the day of live release.

It always baffled me how developers can be so bad at their own game. It's not even about the GM\Admin buffs\equipment spawns. You literally designed the raid. You designed the attack patterns, developed all the mechanics yourself and you still don't know when to dodge? Just how does that happen. Did they have a temporary amnesia and forgot all about the attack patterns and mechanics they designed by THEMSELVES?

What if the developers buffed additional damage just so they could be better at the game and finally clear Neamhain.

Anyway, I'm "meh" about this update. I'm looking forward to Mira and Lynn's second weapon (both are unrelated to the Rise update). The new egyptian illuminati boss seems nice, but I'm more interested in the outfit that will come along with it. Dullahan set was a letdown.

They ditched the repair animation and stagger resistance changes which means only the +20 and additional damage changes remain (out of the bad ones). I'm not mad at +20. I'm not one of those people who have that weird sense of entitlement towards the best possible gear in a video game. I understand that some classes are att speed thirsty, but let's get things into perspective. Nobody is gonna die if you don't have your +20.

The only thing that bothers me is the additional damage changes. It reminds me of the 1HKO videos of Dark Souls bosses on YouTube. A game that was supposed to be hard and challenging is reduced to 1hko buffoonery and tomfoolery. These additional dmg values are like legalized cheat codes. The whole beauty of Vindi was that you couldn't pull off 1hko buffoonery like in Dark Souls because everything was capped (crit cap, bal cap, att cap, def cap). But now with 25,000 add dmg these caps are meaningless (because add dmg overrides most of them). 50% dmg pots were already OP, now imagine a Vindi player with a 50% dmg pot and +20 weapon. Won't that be a buffoonery to behold.

The other thing is the lack of originally. Like ok, you wanna uncap enhancement to +20. Sure. We all knew it was going to happen sometime. It's inevitable.
    But why, why oh why - out of all the possible stats - you choose add dmg. Why. In Dragon Nest you get special abilities for enhancing past +15. In some mobile games you can get new skills or skill extensions when you pass a certain enhancement tier. For example, that new giant sword Paladin skill could have been used as a special ability for +16-20 Greatswords. Or maybe even something passive like Siglint Thunder\Neamhain ability. There are so many creative places they could have taken that +16-20 enhancement to... And they choose add dmg.

This was my reaction when I heard the +16-20 bonus was going to be just another add dmg, except replace "pineapple gown with glitter on it" with "+20 enhancement with add dmg on it". I wish gifs had sounds. :/

kqvXJYG.gif
    UsagiiiKun
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    I am excited for this update; but no way this is coming out June 3rd
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    As said in the other thread, the update is pretty nice, excluding few changes that are horrible and great danger to the game. Just the news of it already caused significant damage.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited May 30, 2017
    If the update comes soon Globally, which I have yet to see a valid confirming source, it makes me a bit uneasy.

I get that people are like, people will always complain, and what not. But understand this little bit at least:
    Look the updates got good additions to the game and many areas that could use some touching up but overall can be dismissed after ~5 days of the update being out. But some other things have the potential to really harm Vindictus in the long run. It should be obvious what I'm referring to here.

Here are some thoughts of mine, well all of this post is so feel free to ignore if you outright disagree or provide worthwhile feedback if you so please:

Now I'm no expert, never claimed, never will, but this addition of +16-20 sounded not so bad. When I first heard of it, it made me curious as to what their aim with it was.
    However, understand that now they have cut chances to get past, I believe, +13 all the way to +15 by almost half. Were there already a lot of +15s, yeah quite a few; hardly ran a ran without at least one present at one point. They have also made +15s roughly 100% stronger than +10s in conjunction(what's your function) with the changes to additional damage.
    Speaking of which, the additional damage changes are just, well outrageous, but opinion aside, it was not the most optimal change.
    The main point is not that it is harder to get +15, it still luck based, chances are people who got them before will still be getting them. (If you believe in that)
    The problem is the conjunction of enhancement uncap and additional damage. We're talking one shotting bosses at one point, which will happen inevitably. But now extremes aside, let's talk +16 and +17. With the, which I just learned about and am actually upset about, changes to evil core's mechanics, dealing most damage means more cores for you, and dealing less means less cores for you(Oversimplification).
    With these changes we are likely to enter a new meta for the game. DPS only matters. Yes, it was a driving force for a while now but it will become more prominent with the changes to cores and backed up with the additional damage overbeefening(wat?).
    I believe they may have attempted to counteract this by limiting party sizes, but I'm not sure how that specific change will pan out, so I'll give it a glance at most.
    With this tragectory, carrying can potentially become the norm for all people capable for achieving the higher stats, and tied with the core change, will gimp those who don't already have the stats. So this could affect casual players the most. Obviously most people may suggest to only party with friends, but we all know that's hardly working now; Vindictus is heavily party with randoms driven, for now.

I've only covered a small bit of it all, I'd need a lot of time to think of a proper way to state it so I'd rather get out what I could think in a whim. This is intense theorycrafting but based on observations of both playing Vindictus for a good while and also playing other games.

Sidenote:
    I've noted quite a few games have made big controversial(I'm using this word lightly) updates within the past year or so that have turned, in my small tiny opinion, not so much for the better. Skyforge and Archeage come to mind for games that managed to disinterest me in one update, ironically, trying to escape Nexon games. I've passed much time for Mabi and Vindy, but they touch good spots of me to let go easily, though I haven't logged in Mabi in a while. Guess that's a small success depending on how you look at it.

tl:dr
    I'm no expert, but the changes to Enhancing, Additional Damage, and Cores can be harmful to the game in the long run.
    I'm not anti-rise, but I am a tad bit worried deep down inside.

Postnote:
    In no way, shape, nor form (Ha! I used nor) will this kill the game, that's for sure. But it most likely will make Vindictus become a very different game if it follows this new tragectory.
    GewelliriousBloodAngel
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    excited about everything except enhancement change x.x
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Im pretty excited.