[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "RISE" Update Patch Notes Translation

Comments

• VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    edited May 26, 2017
    So the dev notes say that the "absolute enhancement rune" will be for other sever, but not for Korea. I wonder which server will receive the ultimate pay2win item.

He also calls "piracy" to just extracting files, what a jerk.
    BloodAngelPixelPantsu
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    So Perilous Ruins looks pretty damn cool.....and so does Red Ruins Cutscene xD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147039960

Do you know by any chance what happened to the twilight desert "hour change" with the new aproach? And what about Charles race, the one from desert?
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    The Hype for this is way too real.
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited May 26, 2017
    VinVin wrote: »
    So Perilous Ruins looks pretty damn cool.....and so does Red Ruins Cutscene xD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147039960

Do you know by any chance what happened to the twilight desert "hour change" with the new aproach? And what about Charles race, the one from desert?

I think certain dungeons in desert will be in night/day cicle, but there shouldn't be time progress with each change of locations.
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Is there a nice translation of the recent post the devs put up ?
  • IcoIco
    Vindictus Rep: 975
    edited May 26, 2017
    About RISE: There is one major point I want to make clear to everyone after I had my experience with the update. The update in no way shape or form revolves around the enhance/stat changes. It's mainly a QOL Update (Quality of Life Update) so it does mainly focus on the early game changes. Honestly I hate the enhance changes and stat changes but the update overall is a great update. The potion thing I can't really get used to but I'll want until future content gets released further before I judge that change. I can see it having some new concept to how raids and battles can be done in the future. I haven't used a repair kit yet so I can't judge that. The reconstruction of Perilous Ruins is great. I personally LOVE that. I can't wait to see the other S1 dungeons get reconstructed like that.

Now about the next upcoming update: as we all know Miri is next in the list. However there was something else I just remembered. Season 3 Chapter 2 Episode 3 is also on the way for that same month. So that leaves me with 2 major things to show everyone in the month of July.

I agree with you on your enhancement complaints, but I don't like the way potions/consumables are being dealt with at all. I liked the fact that if you decided to drink/repair you had to take a risk for it. It made the game at least somewhat more challenging in that you should learn a boss before you decided for certain that you were safe to use a consumable. Now everything is a merc potion...i15634923878.gif

Hell, with this new update, no one will have to learn how to fight bosses if they get one shot (that is if they keep it this way even though it's supposedly just a quality test). Everyone will just want to get highly enhanced gear since the game supports you for doing so over actually giving an effort to just learning how to fight bosses. If you so much as get below 3% damage on a boss, you are only going to receive one core from a boss. So even if I played normally, I'll know that I won't do any damage whatsoever if I have someone with crazy gear in my party.

This update is going to ruin the game, they might as well change "Rise" to "Fall" with how things are going in terms of making this game like every other power creep game out there.
    SirRFIBloodAngel
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited May 26, 2017
    Honestly, even with +15s having a 10% edge on a +10 it still feels like a crutch using them. Having a 100% edge is way overboard (lets just focus on stuff that's already out there and not even get into the cancer of even higher enhancements). Combine that instapots, instarepairs and built in flinch resistance.... I just don't see the fun.

They keep focusing on "QOL" on the early stuff, but I feel like the game already tries to cut as much of that out and usher the player through it as quickly as possible, so I don't see the point. They're introducing flash, further expediency, and nothing addressing what I feel the real problem is with early game players: so many are not learning their characters before hitting endgame, then quitting when they hit an actual challenge. Muir used to be the notorious "skill-gate", but I've even seen it happen on Shakaar in the past. Maybe I'm skimming but I don't see anything addressing this, rather, quite the opposite.

Then again, maybe they are addressing this by making endgame as much of a joke as early game. Instead of further progression being skillgated, players will possibly perceive further progression as being behind more of a geargate. This probably makes sense from a business angle, as you can sell items related to gear progression, but you can't sell the ability to press the spacebar.

Obviously these guys have more insight into the numbers behind the scenes, maybe they're seeing more steady income from newbies than vets, and are taking aim at them. Eh, I guess all we can do is speculate the method behind the madness.

Anyways, I'm guessing we're heading down a path of dodging being a plebian's choice to reduce potion costs, trading DPS time for potion savings. Not sure if that's a journey I signed up for almost seven years ago, but whatever, things change, and it's going to be the player's decision if it's for the better or worse.

2edgy4uXie
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    About RISE: There is one major point I want to make clear to everyone after I had my experience with the update. The update in no way shape or form revolves around the enhance/stat changes. It's mainly a QOL Update (Quality of Life Update) so it does mainly focus on the early game changes. Honestly I hate the enhance changes and stat changes but the update overall is a great update. The potion thing I can't really get used to but I'll want until future content gets released further before I judge that change. I can see it having some new concept to how raids and battles can be done in the future. I haven't used a repair kit yet so I can't judge that. The reconstruction of Perilous Ruins is great. I personally LOVE that. I can't wait to see the other S1 dungeons get reconstructed like that.

Now about the next upcoming update: as we all know Miri is next in the list. However there was something else I just remembered. Season 3 Chapter 2 Episode 3 is also on the way for that same month. So that leaves me with 2 major things to show everyone in the month of July.

So theoretically devCat could un-Vindictus the entire game by rendering its weighted combat and boss mechanics completely bypassable with ridiculous stats and it would all be ok as long as there's another Evie waifu, a new boss and a revamped Perilous Ruins? If our standards for a game are that low, than we don't deserve any better.
    Dev's Note wrote:
    http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=305
    In addition, there were many inquiries as to whether future battle difficulty would require strengthening step of more than 16 rounds.
    First of all, it is not the case.
    I think that it is not the game that we and the players pursue that the battle difficulty is formed based on the area where most of the player can not reach by the effort alone. Future battle difficulties will still be within the reach of some existing efforts.
    The enhancement phase has been extended to allow players to challenge higher levels and easier play after reaching the end of the 15th .
    Reckless reinforcement is never recommended for players who want to enjoy common play difficulty and action fun.
    We hope that many players will not pursue situations where they reach a hardening phase that exceeds the 15th level, and that it is a very long, inaccessible end concept that is difficult to reach in general.

So basically: We put this power creep of an enhancement but we don't recommend or encourage players to go for it? I call bullshit. If you didn't want players to go for +16 and higher why did you introduce not one, but TWO E-Peen systems that judge players by their stats? "We don't recommend you recklessly pursue stats BUT if you want to get a shiny crown next to your mega and more cores, GET STATS."

Either the direction team is down right lying, or they genuinely don't understand how the new e-peen systems contradict everything they just said.
    TheWhiteLord
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    Hello, I roughly translated the Director's Notes.

Click HERE
    NecrochildZiggyStardustPixelPantsuAtsouSlothPrincessIcoSirRFIMixxiaTransportationBloodAngel
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

Click HERE

Thanks again for the translations, LynnCUBE
  • WavennWavenn
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    I got cancer after reading the latest devnote.
    BloodAngelMochiSweet
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Holy S*** this "Director" is a spectacular dumbass.
    arkaine757BloodAngelPrototypemind
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    (Translated forum post listed in patch notes) I can hear the cries of the players from other region from my room… Are they not players to your eyes? Or is this a plan to slowly close down service for other regions one by one?

Would be nice if we could come together to construct a NA post that contains all of our concerns, complaints and general dislike for this update then translate it to KR to post. I wonder if KR players even know how dismal our service over here is. I also assume that most NA players dont want the absolute enhance rune here.
    Xie
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited May 26, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »

So basically: We put this power creep of an enhancement but we don't recommend or encourage players to go for it? I call bullshit. If you didn't want players to go for +16 and higher why did you introduce not one, but TWO E-Peen systems that judge players by their stats? "We don't recommend you recklessly pursue stats BUT if you want to get a shiny crown next to your mega and more cores, GET STATS."

Either the direction team is down right lying, or they genuinely don't understand how the new e-peen systems contradict everything they just said.

This director just keep lying over and over, anyway if he is incompetent or not only Devcat will tell after they verify the profit or loss that those changes made, after all that's the main goal of any company, make money.

In term of "community care" he is disaster, and that's bad when you want sell your stuff to a pissed off player base.
    This update is for the whales, not for the plebs.

• AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    edited May 26, 2017
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

Click HERE

Thanks!

Wow so we get free +10 level 90 once we hit a certain level ? Somehow I am not excited by that but at least my non-mains will have something

"Test Servers has a different enhancement chance for different end game content testing and bug testing, and the enhancement chance for the main server may be different from the test server." Well well, anyone else think that the main server will have even LOWER rates.
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    Atsou wrote: »
    Wow so we get free +10 level 90 once we hit a certain level ? Somehow I am not excited by that but at least my non-mains will have something

yeah, but the +10 armor that you will get is kinda saying that is what the new ghetto standard is. With this looming, any efforts toward gear seems pointless. I suppose one could collect scrolls and put perpetual coupons on them or something,
  • KiruaKirua
    Vindictus Rep: 1,330
    Mixxia wrote: »
    (Translated forum post listed in patch notes) I can hear the cries of the players from other region from my room… Are they not players to your eyes? Or is this a plan to slowly close down service for other regions one by one?

Would be nice if we could come together to construct a NA post that contains all of our concerns, complaints and general dislike for this update then translate it to KR to post.
    Definitely this, +1. Would be nice if we had any sort of communication with our NA team and then, in second place, with the KR one.

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    edited May 26, 2017
    Sadly, I don't have an ID for the Korean forum. The site requires you to have i-Pin (personal security number) but to get i-Pin you have to live in Korea for personal verification :'(

The director said himself that he browses and monitors the forum.

I will still try to find a way.
    arkaine757SlothPrincessTetsujinPixelPantsu
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited May 27, 2017
    When I heard about the update, watched the teaser and started reading the notes I got excited and wished it was published as soon as possible, but as I kept going on through the notes, I ended up with reversed effect. Since then I am seriously worried about the game and I actually lost motivation to whatever things I have been doing daily for slow progression/profit onwards (despite being end-geared), because at this point I don't know what short future brings. I can think only of the worst. Obviously every game will eventually "die", but I didn't expect the developer to overkill it themselves in one big update that has so much potential, yet it's all lost due to few changes.

I like most of the "Quality Of Life" changes, such as less waiting, starting solo boat directly from town and the whole ton of other stuff, visual rework of old content (if only the content was more significant, rather than be overnerfed stuff You go through in no time) and so on. However, the damage output changes (as in everything what contributed to it - new enhancement ranks, additional damage changes, probably the armor changes as well), deletion of non S3 raids, freebie items that are basically end-game (+10 armor for free? maybe I should delete my 90 lv alts, because they have everything +0 and cannot get character growth rewards) and more... They are literally turning this into online singleplayer, which makes you pay money to get hack-like gear, a true P2W.
    GewelliriousTheWhiteLordBloodAngel
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Found a vid of the background stories. The direction team might be out of touch but the creative team is still doing a good job with the soundtrack and artwork.

Also Karok wins a WWE belt or something.

kalok.png