[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "RISE" Update Patch Notes Translation

Comments

• TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    Apparently, additional DMG applies to PvP.

You can now one shot people.

i14134325462.jpg

You can already oneshot people. ;)
    Xie
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    I'm hearing that Junyoop on his stream went to the main server and blew all his stuff up in response to "RISE". Can anyone confirm?
    2edgy4uarkaine757
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    uhrme8iw.jpg
    2edgy4uPrototypemindMochiSweet
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited May 25, 2017
    Ebonwings wrote: »
    I'm hearing that Junyoop on his stream went to the main server and blew all his stuff up in response to "RISE". Can anyone confirm?

www.youtube.com/user/junyoop

Vids are there if you want to watch.
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    I'm just watching KR forum , it's actually funny, but then i remember that this will come soon or later. :'(

The funniest so far is this one

"Director's Achievement

1. SPECIFY UP FOR THE DEFENSE! Ninety-seventh lecture
    2. Your 90's are safe, trust and use! E 95
    3. nimdeul like unto're too folded to strengthen prevent popping yepeong geoim Yes River 20
    4. I will be a director to communicate with you. I will not say anything.
    5. Xing Hai slang that can hit the correct stand of zero skills do you think of the reorganization as anmatneun game features Yes rigid ignored Patch"
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    is it actually a compulsion for you guys to try to get the highest enhancement? like, literally just put down the burgerenhancement stones, fattyvindi addict

anyway, i'm not trying to defend the update. plenty wrong with it. i'm just here for the new bosses and will be happy to take an hour to kill it with other scrubs like me or just get carried by +19s.

You see in Vindictus, there's a life threatening sickness. It happens to all players, but some players grow immune to it. In Korea, we call this sickness 강화병, which can be translated to Enhancement Addiction.

It's what causes the people of Erin to disappear. It's been said they disappear when their weapon blows up by Ferghus.

The only cure known as of now is +15. But according to the chosen oracle, +15 will not be enough in the future...
    SuhpremeNakrast탱크블레이드2edgy4uXieLazut
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    So Perilous Ruins looks pretty damn cool.....and so does Red Ruins Cutscene xD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147039960
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited May 25, 2017
    Did some math on the new damage rates, assuming add dmg values

04eb1e51cf.png

ea90d946ea.png

In short , instead of a +15 being 10% better than a +10, it is now 100% better.

Not to mention, they buffed the HP of S3 bosses and Neam, but +10 players damage remain relatively the same.

Thanks DevCat. Premiere Action Game.

oh and a +20 is better than a +15 by 300%.
    MochiSweetPrototypemindXie
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Waiting for +20 coupon/rune or some lucky bastards, my kidney is ready for sale.

• HellsInfernoHellsInferno
    Vindictus Rep: 205
    I normally don't post to the forums but I just wanted to share my thanks for posting the notes!

Also

This guy streams alot of the update if you guys are curious.
    Suhpreme
  • HyoranzoHyoranzo
    Vindictus Rep: 825
    And I thought 'Murica took a leap back when we elected Trump. Vindictus just took a huge leap backwards. 'Uge!
    Xie
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    About RISE: There is one major point I want to make clear to everyone after I had my experience with the update. The update in no way shape or form revolves around the enhance/stat changes. It's mainly a QOL Update (Quality of Life Update) so it does mainly focus on the early game changes. Honestly I hate the enhance changes and stat changes but the update overall is a great update. The potion thing I can't really get used to but I'll want until future content gets released further before I judge that change. I can see it having some new concept to how raids and battles can be done in the future. I haven't used a repair kit yet so I can't judge that. The reconstruction of Perilous Ruins is great. I personally LOVE that. I can't wait to see the other S1 dungeons get reconstructed like that.

Now about the next upcoming update: as we all know Miri is next in the list. However there was something else I just remembered. Season 3 Chapter 2 Episode 3 is also on the way for that same month. So that leaves me with 2 major things to show everyone in the month of July.
    SlothPrincessStrangerinaMochiSweet
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The gear disparity is something that exists every season, and is only going to get worse with this new enhance system. You'll be paying way more gold on runes trying to make a +20, and they're clearly changing the weapon enhance to not work on bound weapons, just so you'll spend more money on runes.

Gearing is going to be even more cancerous, elitism more abundant, and the grind sounds worse. I won't judge or completely develop any biases until I see how it works, but I'm not optimistic. I suppose we'll see

I think they are raising the bar to +20 because a lot more people have +15 compared to, for example, season 1.
    +15 was a luxury and only 3 people had it in KR server for a long period of time. Now everyone has it.

This is a big problem especially in Korean Server after releasing free +13 orange Regina Weapon to players as a log-in event from PC-Bangs (internet-cafe).
    People say "you need +15 to start" to people who asks help for gearing lvl 90/95 as a joke.

But honestly, you can get over the ATT Cap of Dullahan which is the most end-game content right now, with +12 lvl 90, which means +20 is not a must.
    ATT SPD may be low, but as people say in Korea, ATT SPD is not really a major dmg stat like crit and bal, but a stat for "enjoyment"

Also, with +15 being a casual thing, players are starting to lose interest and aim for the game.

...or at least I think that's what their intentions are. I'm against it like the majority of people is.

I think the greater problem with the update is the deleted animation for consumable items, enhanced armor giving additional damage, "swagger resistance", and S1, S2 Raids becoming 4 man normal run. Also, me not getting +15 for 7 years :'(

On NA at least, a good portion of +15s are due to people abusing the GM restore or just slowly accumulated over time. Plenty of people still struggle to make a single +12, let alone a +15. +15 is being casual is just plain untrue. I am hoping that the new +20 will have the same stats as the current +15, so they are just making the gap between each enhancement level smaller (with appropriate changes to success rates, etc). Considering the massive difference between +15 and +10 now, the difference between +20 and +15 would be astronomical otherwise.

I think evie is the only character that can hit 28k with a +12 level 90, and even that requires temp buffs (the epaulet), max material synthesis, the best gear currently available in the game and 700 MATT from magic mastery. Not taking into account reedemer bonuses.

Attack speed isnt just for enjoyment, its a huge factor in DPS especially for certain characters. It's also why a lot of players has quit because they feel they cannot get fast enough to be effective in end game content.

• Question2Question2
    Not sure which o
    The gear disparity is something that exists every season, and is only going to get worse with this new enhance system. You'll be paying way more gold on runes trying to make a +20, and they're clearly changing the weapon enhance to not work on bound weapons, just so you'll spend more money on runes.

Gearing is going to be even more cancerous, elitism more abundant, and the grind sounds worse. I won't judge or completely develop any biases until I see how it works, but I'm not optimistic. I suppose we'll see

I think they are raising the bar to +20 because a lot more people have +15 compared to, for example, season 1.
    +15 was a luxury and only 3 people had it in KR server for a long period of time. Now everyone has it.

This is a big problem especially in Korean Server after releasing free +13 orange Regina Weapon to players as a log-in event from PC-Bangs (internet-cafe).
    People say "you need +15 to start" to people who asks help for gearing lvl 90/95 as a joke.

But honestly, you can get over the ATT Cap of Dullahan which is the most end-game content right now, with +12 lvl 90, which means +20 is not a must.
    ATT SPD may be low, but as people say in Korea, ATT SPD is not really a major dmg stat like crit and bal, but a stat for "enjoyment"

Also, with +15 being a casual thing, players are starting to lose interest and aim for the game.

...or at least I think that's what their intentions are. I'm against it like the majority of people is.

I think the greater problem with the update is the deleted animation for consumable items, enhanced armor giving additional damage, "swagger resistance", and S1, S2 Raids becoming 4 man normal run. Also, me not getting +15 for 7 years :'(

Making the highest achievement in the game--and a lucky one at that--even more behind an RNG wall is not going to make people happy. The KR players met the director with silence when he came on the stage after they saw that. Junyoop raged over it. His chat during the stream was right there with him. No one asked for this. At a 33% chance it takes on average 28 weapons to reach +15 from +12; assuming a 30% chance--and odds are it will be even lower than that the closer you get to +20--it will take on average 15,242 weapons to reach +20. Again, that's starting with a +12, which will be the last point a rune can be used without a reset. That's not going to make anyone more apt to give it a go. It's ridiculous. They can keep that mess.

Why did they meet him with silence? They should have straight up told him it was dumb. He's obviously not smart enough to get it otherwise.
  • Question2Question2
    JynXi wrote: »
    Did people realise enhancing +1 until +14 has increase rates? Judged on the crying 'how hard it is' , they didnt.

People are not optimistic about that because knowing nexon, its going to be a minor increase.
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    wJ2U0G2.jpg
    Increased till +14? i don't think so.
    (Someone already posted this pic somewhere, dunno who, sorry, too lazy to double check)
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Nakrast wrote: »
    wJ2U0G2.jpg
    Increased till +14? i don't think so.
    (Someone already posted this pic somewhere, dunno who, sorry, too lazy to double check)

I already posted that pic here and I quote the Patch Notes:

[ Changes to Item Enhancement ]
    Item Enhancement chance has been changed.
    For weapons, success chance will be higher until +11 but will be lower for +13 onward.
    For armors, success chance will be higher until +13 but will be lower for +14 onward.
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    edited May 26, 2017
    Beggining of season 2 cutscene i guess?

SlothPrincessBloodAngelHerpadorAnthonytonyboy
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    edited May 26, 2017
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    About RISE: There is one major point I want to make clear to everyone after I had my experience with the update. The update in no way shape or form revolves around the enhance/stat changes. It's mainly a QOL Update (Quality of Life Update) so it does mainly focus on the early game changes. Honestly I hate the enhance changes and stat changes but the update overall is a great update.

I have this drink which contains many different delicious things, but well uhhh It may contain a small portion of poison...care for a sip?

KenpoBloodAngel