[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "RISE" Update Patch Notes Translation

Comments

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    1% hahahahahaha
    Wtb +20 dullahan ss 20b
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Hey even base chance for TET is 1.5% and they have failstack derps.
    Whats the point for setting an impossible goal into the game?
  • DarickNguyenDarickNguyen
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    edited May 24, 2017
    I'm waiting for more infomation about enhancement fail's penalty, normal rune changes, new failstack system, the nerf of +16 and above to 2% stats increase each level, and if nothing changes, they actually lost their mind.
    Xie
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Isn't the patch live already on he test server? (i mean with Miri etc?)
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Nakrast wrote: »

That is where all the GIFs are coming from...
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115

Miri is not out yet. She's coming out in July, maybe a little earlier for test server.
    Nakrast
  • AnsfridAnsfrid
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    edited May 24, 2017
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Ansfrid wrote: »

Wow... any clue on if that person is wearing all +15 armor too?
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    ikevi wrote: »
    Ansfrid wrote: »

Wow... any clue on if that person is wearing all +15 armor too?

No raid HP got nerfed to nothing.
  • RadeRade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    edited May 24, 2017
    I feel like the thing with the +20's is that you're not supposed to get them. With what people are saying about the other changes to how runs and damage work, +15's are going to be overkill. They already ARE overkill in most contexts, but the game was starting to get to the point where people had actually 'capped out' on their gear and didn't have anything else to chase after. +20 is just to give a new goal and objective, so that you don't feel like the time you spend doing raids and playing the game you enjoy is wasted because you have nothing left to get. Their introduction makes it so that even the most dedicated players will never run out of rewards to get, while they've simultaneously dropped the ceiling on what rewards are actually required to make a meaningful difference to lower than they've been in years.

And depending on the details of how they've adjusted enhancement, it's quite possible that the loss of progression when upgrading is going to be gone: it's impossible to permanently destroy gear, and relatively cheap to restore it to be usable again. Depending on just how much they've increased the drop rates on composite materials and stones, it could be exceedingly easy compared to what we've been used to to farm for a new weapon to start enhancing. If you're able to use the dismantling option on resurrected items to regain power fragments and abyssal/mysterious shards (haven't been able to find any clear answers on how that system works yet), you'll be able to move over the improved stats to a new weapon for minimal cost, once you've gotten one to succeed at reaching a higher enhancement than your boomed item. Quality coupons in the daily mission shop mean you can even get the quality back on it, although that'll likely still take some time.

All these changes are streamlining things so that when you're dealing with the RNG of enhancement, the ONLY thing you're dealing with is the RNG of enhancement, and not all the time and investment it took to get to that point first. You don't need to feel pressured to get a +20 and feel like you're going through hell to get it, because by the time you hit +15, you're already going to be so powerful that even more power isn't going to affect you much, and the process isn't going to feel like hell anymore because you're not just starting over from scratch and spending ages earning the materials again.
    2edgy4uXie
  • NakrastNakrast
    Rade wrote: »
    I feel like the thing with the +20's is that you're not supposed to get them. With what people are saying about the other changes to how runs and damage work, +15's are going to be overkill. They already ARE overkill in most contexts, but the game was starting to get to the point where people had actually 'capped out' on their gear and didn't have anything else to chase after. +20 is just to give a new goal and objective, so that you don't feel like the time you spend doing raids and playing the game you enjoy is wasted because you have nothing left to get. Their introduction makes it so that even the most dedicated players will never run out of rewards to get, while they've simultaneously dropped the ceiling on what rewards are actually required to make a meaningful difference to lower than they've been in years.

And depending on the details of how they've adjusted enhancement, it's quite possible that the loss of progression when upgrading is going to be gone: it's impossible to permanently destroy gear, and relatively cheap to restore it to be usable again. Depending on just how much they've increased the drop rates on composite materials and stones, it could be exceedingly easy compared to what we've been used to to farm for a new weapon to start enhancing. If you're able to use the dismantling option on resurrected items to regain power fragments and abyssal/mysterious shards (haven't been able to find any clear answers on how that system works yet), you'll be able to move over the improved stats to a new weapon for minimal cost, once you've gotten one to succeed at reaching a higher enhancement than your boomed item. Quality coupons in the daily mission shop mean you can even get the quality back on it, although that'll likely still take some time.

All these changes are streamlining things so that when you're dealing with the RNG of enhancement, the ONLY thing you're dealing with is the RNG of enhancement, and not all the time and investment it took to get to that point first. You don't need to feel pressured to get a +20 and feel like you're going through hell to get it, because by the time you hit +15, you're already going to be so powerful that even more power isn't going to affect you much, and the process isn't going to feel like hell anymore because you're not just starting over from scratch and spending ages earning the materials again.

I get the point, but some people (like me) aim to get the very best weapon, and with those changes, it IS going to be hell if not worse, the +20 weapon may not be needed, but some people still want it.
    I still remember how happy i was when i've got my +15, and now that same +15 just looks sad to me.

BloodAngel
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited May 24, 2017

You're right. It will only take a bit over 900,000 tries on average to get any given weapon from +15 to +20, so I'm sure giving it the old college try will be enough...
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Aside from enhancing, anyone know where the Journeying ES went +sweat .. Do I need to switch it out for something?
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    If you really look at the statistics this creates an illusion to players that it's easy to enhance.
    Making +10 really easy to get.

And then making anything significant past that completely impractical to get without a huge investment of resources.
    Significantly easier to hit +11.

But creating that illusion of easy enhances is what will get players to stick for another round of enhancement rune purchases for more +10 weapons to blow up to +13.

Profit for Nexon. Nothing for the players aside from an inventory of trash +10/+11 weapons that you can't enhance anymore.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740

No. Most people want to eventually cap out and dont want to continuously chase a near impossible goal forever. That is not fun nor does it keep you engaged in the game. With 15 cap a free to play or someone who puts as much as like a sub price into the game eventually can catch up to wallet warriors, but these changes will just increase the already far gap of players and a free player may never be able to catch up. Almost every new system they have put in the game is just terrible which is why the game is doing so bad right now. A skill system with an upkeep which most people dont like and a sharding system which can cost you more gold than the weapon your sharding indicates clueless devs. Attack was capped for a reason and if they no longer wanted attack caps then why not just remove them? Instead you have to spend a fortune in gold or years of play to uncap your attack. Sharding is such a pointless system and it was obviously designed to keep people busy and that's just shitty on their parts.
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    From what I'm hearing people talk about this Update will probably already be out this year. They want to push it globaly as fast as they can. Thai Server is already working on the Trailer and will disable enhancing under lvl 60 because of the changes in the Rise Update they'll probably release all the Rise changes a few weeks after the Korean one.

I got no information about NA and EU but I don't think it's that different so we might get Rise before Dullahan.
  • NakrastNakrast
    Akki wrote: »
    From what I'm hearing people talk about this Update will probably already be out this year. They want to push it globaly as fast as they can. Thai Server is already working on the Trailer and will disable enhancing under lvl 60 because of the changes in the Rise Update they'll probably release all the Rise changes a few weeks after the Korean one.

I got no information about NA and EU but I don't think it's that different so we might get Rise before Dullahan.

Isn't dullahan and teide coming in like, next month?
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Akki wrote: »

Isn't dullahan and teide coming in like, next month?

They might delay it to push out the Rise update faster. Maybe they come out at the same time? Who knows. But Rise has priority as it's bugfixed and game changes. They priorotize that over new content. So we'll see, but at the moment we can just wait.
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    I don't like the new Tieve model. That was an unnecesary change. I'd say it is even worse than the new rng crap.
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    edited May 25, 2017
    While we are here to discuss about the new update. A group of Kr players protest against the +20 enhancement system. Maybe we should give it a try? Oh its on youtube gaming! Its day 3 or 4 already.