[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why does vindictus still exist in North America?

FroglordFroglord
Vindictus Rep: 200
Post: 1
Member
in General Discussion
I log on during peak times, during weekends, no one's running boats, no one's running S2 or S3 raids. The servers lag beyond all belief, and is unplayable for the most part due to violent rubber-banding into enemy attacks. Updates are once a year, and most major bosses are either a reskinned evie, fiona or recycled boss from S1.

Kill it already Nexon, it was fun up to the end of S2, now everything can be obtained for free easily. No one plays anymore, and no one can play because the servers lag too bloody much to navigate through the maps properly.

Comments

  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,415
    Posts: 598
    Member
    Y'know, you can just leave and be done with it. No need to rain on everyone's parade just because you dislike the game.
    KiyoujiSaintGuinnessSlothPrincessKaiTheArcherHerucrossNakrastHoshinakiPixelPantsuLordAlucardCelestiaVand 5 others.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Posts: 77
    Member
    Waaaaaaaah... there are no boats
    Waaaaaaaah... everything's lagging on my potato + 56k modem
    Waaaaaaaah... there's no new content every single month
    Waaaaaaaah... everything is too easy
    Waaaaaaaah... everything is too hard

    Said every entitled whiner ever.
    KiyoujiVallestiNakrastCelestiaVQuinqueHerucrossAimAndKill
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,065
    Posts: 658
    Member
    It exists simply to piss you off. B)
    2edgy4uBloodAngelSaintGuinnessRuyasuHoshinakiCelestiaVTransportationHerucrossAimAndKill
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Posts: 335
    Member
    This is some low level bait, either that or someone just blew up their weapon. :^)

    SekaiizKiyoujiHerucross
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Posts: 129
    Member
    it's true population is low...altho part of it is that we are so spread out in so many areas now. game is running well for most of us...hugs to those that are struggling with a slow inet conneciton and/or potato computer. recent events have been pretty awesome, lots of free stuffs and mostly fun. communication with players is actually much better than ever before. i'm still loving this game and spending $ on it.

    RNGeezus is still a horrible thing +sigh but we struggle on.

    hang in there! :)
    2edgy4uVallestiSaintGuinnessSlothPrincessHoshinaki
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Posts: 916
    Member
    It exist cause i purchase 5 k euros every month in gatcha boxes just to keep game alieve + cold and show my sexyness on leechers channel by 24/7
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Posts: 739
    Member
    No one forces you to play the game. It's your choice with what you do here. Just keep in mind that uh....well....you get it from these responses ㅇㅅㅇ;;
    Kiyouji
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    Posts: 67
    Member
    Treat it like a single player game and you can have fun occasionally. Keep your expectations low so you won't be disappointed.

    The game is long past its prime long time ago. QQing now is a bit too late.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Posts: 55
    Member
    Posts: 1

    C'mon guys...
    Herucross
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 221
    Member
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    This is some low level bait, either that or someone just blew up their weapon. :^)

    BabyDani탱크블레이드Herucross
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    Posts: 114
    Member
    Wow, he seems bitter. Your first post right out of the gate and this is what you come up with? LOL.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    BabyDani wrote: »
    communication with players is actually much better than ever before. i'm still loving this game and spending $ on it.

    hang in there! :)

    Not true at all. Communication is horrible at the moment. It's not the worst it's ever been, but it ain't good. OP is on some strong fishing game, but let's not let Nexon Global off the hook when they have been less than transparent about what's going on lately or responding to major issues often.
    2edgy4uMadcobraBloodAngel
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,360
    Posts: 733
    Member
    7e4.jpg
    LoLoBootyBabyDaniPikkoPikkoSaintGuinness
  • sabersatensabersaten
    Vindictus Rep: 1,440
    Posts: 55
    Member
    Stuff obtained easily... why would you want stuff hard to obtain though?
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Posts: 96
    Member
    Because this drug game is ridiculously profitable and easy to maintain.

    You really think Nexon isn't trying to get rid of this game? They are trying so hard, but it just won't die. They scared away all the fansites, they banned half of the planet and they conveniently screw up events. Nothing. People still buy gachas like it's black friday sale. The hellfairy gachas alone paid Vindi's bills for the next year to come. And don't even get me started about the upcoming Regina avatar gachas. Those will pay Vindi's bills for another 5 years.

    Vindictus is one of those games that relies on uniqueness ("no other game like dis") to get away with everything by holding a monopoly over what it does. S4 League is like that too. Its main income is gambling gachas (called G-Capsules), it's low maintenance p2p connection just like Vindi and relies on its uniqueness\monopoly to get away with everything (it got away with Aeria Games being its publisher in the west just like Vindi gets away with Nexon NA). S4 League has been turning profits for over 10 years, so Vindi has a long way to go before it dies.

    Fun fact - S4 League had a whale exodus at around 2015-2016. Aeria games felt invincible for a second and put 500$-worth exclusive outfits for just 20$, and they also made p2w whale-only items more accessible to the peasants. It pissed off a lot of whales so many of them quit. I thought that was a bold move. That's it, now that the whales beached themselves, the game will surely die. Nope. When you're a "no other game like dis" you can truly get away with anything - that includes shting all over the whales. I dunno what happened afterwards, maybe some of the whales came back (even though I checked their forum badges and they all said "last seen on 2015\early 2016), maybe new whales came. The point is, people really underestimate the power of a "no other game like dis".

    "No other game like dis" is a helluva a drug.
    PixelPantsuOmuriceKiyoujiSaintGuinness
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Posts: 122
    Member
    On a more serious note, why don't they merge the servers anyway?
    Kiyouji
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Posts: 916
    Member
    edited May 21, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Because this drug game is ridiculously profitable and easy to maintain.

    You really think Nexon isn't trying to get rid of this game? They are trying so hard, but it just won't die. They scared away all the fansites, they banned half of the planet and they conveniently screw up events. Nothing. People still buy gachas like it's black friday sale. The hellfairy gachas alone paid Vindi's bills for the next year to come. And don't even get me started about the upcoming Regina avatar gachas. Those will pay Vindi's bills for another 5 years.

    Vindictus is one of those games that relies on uniqueness ("no other game like dis") to get away with everything by holding a monopoly over what it does. S4 League is like that too. Its main income is gambling gachas (called G-Capsules), it's low maintenance p2p connection just like Vindi and relies on its uniqueness\monopoly to get away with everything (it got away with Aeria Games being its publisher in the west just like Vindi gets away with Nexon NA). S4 League has been turning profits for over 10 years, so Vindi has a long way to go before it dies.

    Fun fact - S4 League had a whale exodus at around 2015-2016. Aeria games felt invincible for a second and put 500$-worth exclusive outfits for just 20$, and they also made p2w whale-only items more accessible to the peasants. It pissed off a lot of whales so many of them quit. I thought that was a bold move. That's it, now that the whales beached themselves, the game will surely die. Nope. When you're a "no other game like dis" you can truly get away with anything - that includes shting all over the whales. I dunno what happened afterwards, maybe some of the whales came back (even though I checked their forum badges and they all said "last seen on 2015\early 2016), maybe new whales came. The point is, people really underestimate the power of a "no other game like dis".

    "No other game like dis" is a helluva a drug.
    That sounds like water of hate .
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Posts: 293
    Member
    I mean, I understand you guys are defending the game, but it's not like his complaints are invalid. It saddens me to see the game like this.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Posts: 625
    Member
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Because this drug game is ridiculously profitable and easy to maintain.

    You really think Nexon isn't trying to get rid of this game? They are trying so hard, but it just won't die. They scared away all the fansites, they banned half of the planet and they conveniently screw up events. Nothing. People still buy gachas like it's black friday sale. The hellfairy gachas alone paid Vindi's bills for the next year to come. And don't even get me started about the upcoming Regina avatar gachas. Those will pay Vindi's bills for another 5 years.

    Vindictus is one of those games that relies on uniqueness ("no other game like dis") to get away with everything by holding a monopoly over what it does. S4 League is like that too. Its main income is gambling gachas (called G-Capsules), it's low maintenance p2p connection just like Vindi and relies on its uniqueness\monopoly to get away with everything (it got away with Aeria Games being its publisher in the west just like Vindi gets away with Nexon NA). S4 League has been turning profits for over 10 years, so Vindi has a long way to go before it dies.

    Fun fact - S4 League had a whale exodus at around 2015-2016. Aeria games felt invincible for a second and put 500$-worth exclusive outfits for just 20$, and they also made p2w whale-only items more accessible to the peasants. It pissed off a lot of whales so many of them quit. I thought that was a bold move. That's it, now that the whales beached themselves, the game will surely die. Nope. When you're a "no other game like dis" you can truly get away with anything - that includes shting all over the whales. I dunno what happened afterwards, maybe some of the whales came back (even though I checked their forum badges and they all said "last seen on 2015\early 2016), maybe new whales came. The point is, people really underestimate the power of a "no other game like dis".

    "No other game like dis" is a helluva a drug.

    Also when you realize that being different doesn't equal better quality. Some people say the same that publishers and developers would say too. They read or hear a phrase somewhere then they repeat it. People need justification for that they made the right choice. Even if it isn't true in all aspects, they will think it is if they repeat it or think of it often enough.
  • SoiraSoira
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Lavonne wrote: »
    "No other game like dis"

    You mean...its not like Skyforge, and more than a few other games that run off pretty much the exact same system with very similar dungeons and content? XD